Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum > Disney Cruise Line Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-05-2013, 09:50 AM   #61
disneygirl1972
DIS Veteran

Joining in!! I have always enjoyed your reports as a "lurker" If I may ask you a question about the Frankfurt airport . I will be flying through there on my way to Venice. Can you tell me where, location in the airport, you enjoyed those yummy treats? I would like to find that chocolate croissant & the potato salad & the frankfurt

Thanks so much. Looking forward to more!!
Old 03-05-2013, 01:16 PM   #62
dizneeat
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by disneygirl1972 View Post
Joining in!! I have always enjoyed your reports as a "lurker" If I may ask you a question about the Frankfurt airport . I will be flying through there on my way to Venice. Can you tell me where, location in the airport, you enjoyed those yummy treats? I would like to find that chocolate croissant & the potato salad & the frankfurt

Thanks so much. Looking forward to more!!

So nice to get to know the "lurkers" as well.

The bakery that sells the yummy croissants is called Heberer and we even found out that there are two of those there.

Ours was the one in area Z!

And Kaefer has the nice potato salad

Be warned! the airport is HUGE!!!!!!!!!!!! Depending on where your arrival gate will be some of these places may be a 20 minute hike.
Just check any of the airport kiosks that give directions where the closest one to your location is.
Aug 22 Fantasy/Western Aug 29 Fantasy/Eastern
TR Feb 2014: Did you feel pressured ... TR 2013: Get off the ship ..... Pre TR 2014: DREAMing, some MAGIC and a little bit of Paris! Visit my other TRs/dining reviews here:

dizneeat is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 03-05-2013, 02:44 PM   #63
dizneeat
DIS Veteran

Half term vacation 2013, Feb 16 - Feb 24

Day 1, February 16

It's freezing here! - part 2

Once back at the gate it did not take very much longer and we were allowed to board.
I am always looking for seats as far up front as possible to get off the plane first when we arrive and this time was no exception. We sat one row behind the emergency exit and settled in, luggage in the compartment above our heads. Again we were off on time

and about 20 minutes into the flight we were offered some

Italian crackers and some drinks.
I opted for some water and since it was a long flight, Tom ordered

another beer, which came in a can.
The lady in front of Tom was a bit annoying, changing her seat and her headrest all the time

and suddenly all I saw was Toms can of beer flying through the air. Beer splashing everywhere and something yellow lying in Toms lap. The lady in front of him had managed to rip off the headrest and it shot up into the air, where it hit the luggage compartment and then shot down to send Toms beverage on a flight of its own. All the lady was interested in was getting her headrest back and how she could fix it again, not even acknowledging the damage she had done.
Toms right leg had taken most of the contents of the plastic cup but the poor young man across the aisle had been soaked with most of the contents of the can. His trousers were still stained when we left the plane. After that incident and after trying to dry off Toms trousers with tissues it didnt take very long until lunch was served.
We both were handed a tray

that had a small portion of

Salad, some

Buttermilk Dressing,

a roll,

Camembert and some butter, a piece of very nice and moist

Chocolate Cake and our choice of main course. Tom had opted for

the Beef stew, served with rice and carrots and peas, while I opted for

the Pasta which was kind of Mac and Cheese with fresh tomato sauce on top. Both were very nice and since we had eaten so much it made us feel sleepy. To help with falling asleep we both took some sleeping aid and watched an episode of Gordon Ramsays Kitchen Nightmares.

We must have fallen asleep right after watching it, as I do not recall anything after having seen it for quite a while. I remember waking up and checking on progress but then drifting off to sleep right again.
We both regained our being awake status about two hours before we were supposed to land in Orlando. They handed out hot/cold towels to freshen up and that was exactly what we did.
About 20 minutes later we were fed again. This time there were no choices, everyone got the same food.

On the tray we were handed a heated container with some

Cheese Ravioli topped with leave spinach in a cream sauce. Very good!

We were also given a rather cold roll and some butter. For dessert we got some really nice

chocolate pudding. It was creamy and light and not too sweet at all.
Once we had finished dinner we only had about half an hours flight to sit through.

And soon we touched down in Orlando and were in line to get off the plane. We hotfooted it over to Immigration and were very pleasantly surprised that there was nearly no line at all.
We only waited for about 10 minutes to see an officer and found ourselves waiting for our luggage in no time. I saw a bag that looked like ours on the luggage band and picked it up. But something looked odd  well, same bag, different owner. Luckily I had put a DCL belt and a coloured ribbon on mine. It was back on the belt in a split second.
Tom found our suitcase and bag on the other belt and we were off to customs. We had a lot of chocolate in our suitcase and I had declared it on the form, so we had to go through secondary inspection. They were very nice and scanned our suitcase and then we were sent off to have a great vacation.
Next stop Dollar rental cars. There were long lines at most rental car desks, so we were happy to see that there were only three parties in line ahead of us. It took about 15 minutes to get to the counter and we were assigned a car. Since we usually pre-book in Austria and buy all the insurances there is not much they can still sell to us, but the sales rep was pretty pushy on selling us a Sunpass. We know that the cash lines are gone in the Miami area but we only wanted to go to WDW and Port Canaveral so we declined. Paperwork in hand we walked out and over to the parking garage. When we walked outside the airport it was pretty chilly and we blamed it on the plane being overheated. Sure enough we should find out lateron that it had nothing to do with the overheated plane, but that there rather was a coldfront going through.
Once we had found Dollar we were directed towards a row of cars and told to pick one. Now if you have read my last trip report from Disneyland Paris then you might remember that we had some trouble with the rental car rep, so after Tom had decided on a car I started to walk round and take pics of scratches, which earned us some funny looks from other renters. Finally we had put everything into the car,

fixed our GPS and off we went. It had only taken us an hour and a half until we were on our way to WDW. We were about half way to WDW and in line to pay our tolls when we came up with a fun idea.

To be continued ...........
TR Feb 2014: Did you feel pressured ... TR 2013: Get off the ship ..... Pre TR 2014: DREAMing, some MAGIC and a little bit of Paris! Visit my other TRs/dining reviews here:

Last edited by dizneeat; 03-05-2013 at 02:52 PM.
Old 03-05-2013, 03:13 PM   #64
Minnie&Nana
Dreams do come true!
Pretty darn charming!

Smooth and easy is the way to go - flight, arrival, customs and car!

I always sit as far forward as possible too - get m e off that plane quickly (and I do not like to see the wings )

Oooo...fun and tolls?

Last edited by Minnie&Nana; 03-05-2013 at 05:05 PM.
Minnie&Nana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2013, 03:32 PM   #65
dizneeat
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Minnie&Nana View Post
Smooth and easy is the way to go - flight, arrival, customs and car!

I always sit as far forward as possible too - get m e off that plane quickly (and I do not like to see the wings )

Oooo...fun and rolls?
I love smooth and easy ...... especially immigration is not always this way.

Christine, I am sure you can guess where our d-tour took us.

Old 03-05-2013, 03:38 PM   #66
MEK
DIS Veteran

Thank you for posting this link. I am officially caught up and I could not stop laughing at the lady and her head rest which turned into a projectile. I bet that caused quite a commotion. Poor Tom - no beer for him! But seriously, how are some people so clueless as to the mayhem they have caused.

Looking forward to more! Oh - and what a great group of DISers to hang out with.

The Empty Nester's Magical Mystery Tour I Told You Driving Was Bad for Your Health

Sorry Gaston, They are MUCH More Interesting than You!
Will You Chill Out if I Sprinkle You With Pixie Dust?

Remembering 9/11:MEK Original
Why Not Just Queue Up Another Disney Trip?
How Do You Think We Stay So Happy?
Inching My Way Closer to the Castle Sept 10 TR
Wheeling & Dealing at the WL May '10 TR
Play'in It at Pop Sept 09 Anniversary Trip
JUNE 09 TR...KICK'N IT AT KIDANI DH & I do Disney Solo! DEC 2008 June 2008 tripreport
My Trips 2002-Offsite 2003-POR 2004-Royal Pacific/Daytona Bch 2005-CBR 2006-Pop, SSR 2007-ASM 2008-Pop, Vero Bch/SSR, POFQ/SSR 2009-Kidani/CSR, Pop 2010- VWL, BLT 2011-POR/BCV, Disney's HHI Resort, OKW2012-Treehouse villa/BWV, VWL/BWV 2013-HHI, Secret off site location;BWV/AKL 2014- Tampa, ASSp/BCV, OKW
MEK is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2013, 05:08 PM   #67
Minnie&Nana
Dreams do come true!
Pretty darn charming!

Quote:
Originally Posted by dizneeat View Post
I love smooth and easy ...... especially immigration is not always this way.

Christine, I am sure you can guess where our d-tour took us.

Oh no, my tired brain is drawing a blank!!! Now I really want to know....you have my email address...

Where was my brain, anyway, when I typed rolls instead of tolls?

Oh, wait!! Maybe I can guess!!! Hmm...

P.s. well, the flight wasn't so smooth with that nut in front of Tom! I'm surprised a flight attendant did not come to help. On a flight to Lisbon during breakfast, the woman next to me knocked her red wine directly into my lap...I was wearing very light khaki Capris. The flight attendants were fantastic - two came over immediately with club soda and we managed to get the stain out...thank goodness the pants had dried before landing!

Last edited by Minnie&Nana; 03-05-2013 at 09:09 PM.
Minnie&Nana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2013, 06:23 PM   #68
jenseib
Mommy to Claire

I can't believe that lady didn't even apologize. I would so ticked off.
Sound like you had Mr Sauvo at the Dollar counter like we did!
jenseib is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2013, 08:01 PM   #69
HowieHowie
Mouseketeer

Those crackers on the flight from Frankfurt look a lot tastier than the Italian bread bites, however the chocolate croissant looks amazing.

Glad you are feeling better and I hope Tom is back to himself.

I love the picture of the map, saw some of the names of places I visited. Happy your flight was smooth and going through customs was a breeze. What a disruption that lady caused, some people are so inconsiderate and not even apoligize. I feel bad for Tom, no beer and wet pants. Glad Dollar was a lot better for you than it was for us. I guess this restored my faith in Dollar.
Old 03-05-2013, 08:13 PM   #70
KatMark
DIS Veteran

The woman did NOT apologize for the mess she created on not one man, but two? Seriously? It truly blows my mind the ignorance of some people.

Sounds like an otherwise smooth flight and a quick exit through customs and getting the car.

Does your stop have anything to do with light and fluffy round things?

RIP Genie
KatMark is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2013, 09:01 PM   #72
englishrose47
DIS Veteran

Great start to the TR!!!!! Does renting and returning a car take an hour usually!!!????
[/B][/URL]
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3051652Where will Rosie Roam in 2013
[
[http://www.disboards.com/showthread....2#post50321302 Rosie Roamings in 2014
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3212398 Belly Dancing and Bus Mojo The Grannie Trip

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3278536 Let's Meet in the Dump Shop
englishrose47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2013, 09:31 PM   #73
annmarieda
DIS Veteran

Oh my goodness!!! I can't believe that lady. I would have been horrified if I caused such a mess. I don't even move my seat to a "reclined" position because I don't want it to interfere with the passenger behind me.

Now the airplane food I have come to enjoy reading about on your TR's... THAT is what I am talking about. Much better than those first bread stick things.

You had to declare some chocolate? I never knew that things like that had to be declared. I guess it makes sense. Can you tell I have never traveled out of the US?

I am so sorry it was so cold when you first arrived
annmarieda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2013, 11:22 PM   #74
Linda67
Has a Masters in Margaritas

We nearly always end up sitting near someone like the woman who sent the beer flying - why can't people just settle down and sit still!!

You airlines food looks much better than the last couple of meals we have had flying in from the UK

I wish I could get more sleep on flights, it must be a great feeling to wake up and see you haven't got long left. DH sleeps like a baby when we fly to Orlando but I'm always too excited to sleep
Linda67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2013, 09:37 AM   #75
pas130
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by dizneeat View Post
Jeanette!
So happy you came over! It was a wonderful cruise with many magical surprises and we got together with some really wonderful people!

Would never miss it Karin

Plus I get to enjoy all the yummy food ans snacks without the calories

JungleCruiser*Sarah,forever in my heart*
pas130 is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: