Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-05-2013, 06:49 PM   #31
bltman
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by LikeSeriously View Post
Just tried this and my Orbitz cost was more than through disney. Weird!
Your room may be more because Orbitz charges kids as adults. So, if you put 2 adults and 2 kids, you are being billed for 4 adults. No way around it. See my post here: http://www.disboards.com/showthread....ghlight=orbitz
bltman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2013, 08:14 PM   #32
Javin917
Mouseketeer

I have not received a disney confirmation I can link yet either. And I hadn't realized that my child was being charged as an adult and have emailed orbitz too! I haven't cancelled my disney reservation yet (mainly because the hold times have been so long) but I might just be keeping that reservation after all this! It's making me nervous that I will be checking in with wrong info and my savings aren't nearly as much as some others here!
Register to remove

Old 03-06-2013, 06:48 PM   #33
littlewitch34
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Javin917 View Post
I have not received a disney confirmation I can link yet either. And I hadn't realized that my child was being charged as an adult and have emailed orbitz too! I haven't cancelled my disney reservation yet (mainly because the hold times have been so long) but I might just be keeping that reservation after all this! It's making me nervous that I will be checking in with wrong info and my savings aren't nearly as much as some others here!
Orbitz hasn't given me a Disney-system confirmation number.
littlewitch34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2013, 08:22 PM   #34
trishadono
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by spritna View Post
only 7 dollars difference here......not even sure that was worth my time
First orbitz booking so... Was lost.

For ME you can call after 3 days ( as told to me by ME operator) or
Go to www.disneysmagicalexpress.com you can enter the 6 digit confirmation number(mix of numbers and letters, that came in email )and follow prompts. At the end I received an email confirmation.

To get online check-in you can go to www.mydisneyreservation.com,
However even though I could get to a screen with my name and res number I could not "check-in". So I emailed orbitz and asked for 12 digit disney res number. Took 8 hours but I got it! Then added it on my experiences page and could check in. Note: does not work on iPod/iPhone/ipad etc. you need to be on pc to check in within 60 days, (the new experiences section)the old site won't let you check in ( not sure about within 10days).

Hope that helps. So happy to be checked in!

Ps, I noticed my address was Chicago/ orbitz so make sure you change address so check in will be smooth
trishadono is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2013, 08:50 PM   #35
sunsetbeachgal
DIS Veteran

I have filed complaints with Orbitz about this issue of the child being charged as extra adult issue, and asked for a supervisor to review it and am getting nowhere. Their responses appear to be "canned" as they do not address my point. I also get the feeling, based on how the response is worded that I am not communicating with people where English is their primary language.

Today I got an email survey today from Orbitz asking about my opinions with the customer service issue I filed, and I filled it in as "completely dissatisfied" with their handling of my issue. I asked that a manager who had product knowledge of WDW resorts contact me. I will be interested to see if/what I hear back.

If a better discount from Disney comes out I will cancel the Orbitz one as it is 100% refundable, but right now even with the extra adult charge we are way less!!

Family Reunion trip at Disney ASMu Nov. 7-13, 2010. It was perfect
March, 2012 Disney getaway at Coronado Springs for the adults only!
October, 2012 went to Disneyland..and I've never seen such crowds anywhere in my life!
June 15-22, 2013. Family trip to WDW at POFQ First WDW Summer trip..fantastic!
March, 2014. Universal Studios and cruise on Freedom of the Seas
January, 2015, Art of Animation

Last edited by sunsetbeachgal; 03-06-2013 at 08:57 PM.
sunsetbeachgal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2013, 10:03 PM   #36
bltman
Earning My Ears

Call up Orbitz and ask them for the Disney confirmation. They should be able to give it to you over the phone (or try chat). I ended up booking through Hotels.com with a discount code and just called them to get my Disney confirmation number today. Once I had it I plugged it into the Disney site and now my reservation shows up there. I then booked ME.
bltman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2013, 10:45 PM   #37
MyTwoPrincesses
DIS Veteran

I booked with SPRING15. Didn't know about SPRING20. With SPRING15 I saved $240+ on the room over 6 nights. The Disney offer also discounts tickets by 15%. Assuming I can't tack on tickets since I booked room only through orbitz? Cost with Undercover Tourist Tickets still has a savings however, totaling $173.29 for both room and tickets.

Now a Mom of THREE Princesses.
DD (8) , DD (6) DD (3)

1989: Offsite
Nov 2009: 7 days at Coronado Springs
March 2011: 8 days at POFQ
May 2013: 7 days at Art of Animation (Lion King Suites)
Can't stay away! Heading back to WDW in February 2014: 6 days at Port Orleans Riverside

Last edited by MyTwoPrincesses; 03-06-2013 at 11:14 PM.
MyTwoPrincesses is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2013, 10:55 AM   #38
Megsie1000
Mouseketeer

I could save $150 over my AP rate if only I could get around the thing with the kids! No way around this, right?

We need two rooms at Pop Century. Right now for six nights with the AP discount our total is $1309.

If I only put 2 occupants in each room with the Orbitz discount it comes out to $578.91 for each room, which is obviously a better deal. However, when I add the three kids in, it goes up and beyond the AP discount.
Megsie1000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2013, 12:32 PM   #39
trishadono
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Megsie1000 View Post
I could save $150 over my AP rate if only I could get around the thing with the kids! No way around this, right?

We need two rooms at Pop Century. Right now for six nights with the AP discount our total is $1309.

If I only put 2 occupants in each room with the Orbitz discount it comes out to $578.91 for each room, which is obviously a better deal. However, when I add the three kids in, it goes up and beyond the AP discount.
If you have both the money to do it and patience, try this.
Book with 2 occupants each. email or call orbitz for your disney 12 digit confirmation number(see my post above). With that call Disney and add kids. Disney should be able to do with 12 digit code, from what I read can't do with the 6 digit code.
Good luck!
Old 03-07-2013, 01:07 PM   #40
TDC Nala
1937, what a year that was
Diet Coke on Ice or Else
I apparently don't do anything they want to stimulate

DISboards Moderator

You can add tickets to your Orbitz reservation but it's not a package. It's an additional purchase of tickets.
Old 03-07-2013, 04:49 PM   #41
stringercapecod
Mouseketeer

Confirmation e-mail?

How long does it take to receive a confirmation # from Orbitz? Also, how can I do a room location request? The Orbitz booking page only allowed requests for Accesssible room, crib, etc. Thanks for the SPRING20 info. Saved us $186.95 Enough of a savings to move from Pop to PORiverside, my daughter's favorite resort!
stringercapecod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2013, 04:53 PM   #42
Megsie1000
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by trishadono View Post
If you have both the money to do it and patience, try this.
Book with 2 occupants each. email or call orbitz for your disney 12 digit confirmation number(see my post above). With that call Disney and add kids. Disney should be able to do with 12 digit code, from what I read can't do with the 6 digit code.
Good luck!
Thanks for the advice! That's a good idea and then maybe keep my original reservation until I get this one sorted out. Will Disney talk to me if I booked it somewhere else? I guess I could find out for myself.
Megsie1000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2013, 04:56 PM   #43
sunsetbeachgal
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by stringercapecod View Post
How long does it take to receive a confirmation # from Orbitz? Also, how can I do a room location request? The Orbitz booking page only allowed requests for Accesssible room, crib, etc. Thanks for the SPRING20 info. Saved us $186.95 Enough of a savings to move from Pop to PORiverside, my daughter's favorite resort!
We didn't pocket the Spring20 savings either...LOL..used it to move from POP to POFQ, which is where we wanted to be anyhow.

I haven't received cfm. Number either...will give it a few days and followup..

Family Reunion trip at Disney ASMu Nov. 7-13, 2010. It was perfect
March, 2012 Disney getaway at Coronado Springs for the adults only!
October, 2012 went to Disneyland..and I've never seen such crowds anywhere in my life!
June 15-22, 2013. Family trip to WDW at POFQ First WDW Summer trip..fantastic!
March, 2014. Universal Studios and cruise on Freedom of the Seas
January, 2015, Art of Animation
sunsetbeachgal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2013, 05:01 PM   #44
trishadono
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by stringercapecod View Post
I received a confirmation email from orbits right away with 6 digit confirmation code. After 4 days I emailed orbitz and simply asked for my 12 digit Disney Confirmation number, 8 hours later I had it, and entered it on disney site! See my other posts above for ME etc.
With disney 12 confirmation number I added it to my experiences "add reservation" . Then I checked in and made my requests. You could call disney directly but I think you need 12 code not the 6 digit one from what I read on other posts. This was my first time but I saved $500 between 2 bookings. Now I have a routine and will definitely book with orbitz again.
Old 03-07-2013, 05:01 PM   #45
stringercapecod
Mouseketeer

My comfirmation from Orbitz was in my Spam mail, so check there.
stringercapecod is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: