Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-05-2013, 07:11 PM   #496
beachphotog
Pass me a margarita

The safebra cupcake, hahah!

Crocs and socks?! That couple has staying power!

I'm with Lee-Anne and Everest. I rode it with my goddaughter over and over and over again and I couldn't stomach much of it after... Maybe since it'll be 1 and 1/2 years in between, I'll be ok?

Love your AK updates!

Follow me on twitter: @beachphotog
And on Instagram: smk31
beachphotog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2013, 07:19 PM   #497
LifeIsDis
"It's kind of fun to do the impossible."

Quote:
Originally Posted by __disneygirl View Post
AHH I KNOW. Someone I follow on Twitter said AK sucked the other day and I was just like *blinks*. I mean, I don't know how anybody could think that.
WHAT?!?!?!?!
LifeIsDis is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 03-05-2013, 07:26 PM   #498
sheila <3 WDW
DIS Veteran

Great updates!! Loved the lion and gorilla interaction. I laughed out loud at your comment about Jafar and the not-as-cool high ponytail!! Epic!

The third time’s the charm! A March 2013 10th anniversary pre-trip report! The 3rd time's the charm! Our 10th anniversary March 2013 TR!
The 3rd time's the charm! Our 10th anniversary 03-2013 Dining Report!
sheila <3 WDW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2013, 03:45 AM   #499
Neeny17
Mouseketeer

Thank you so much!

Who cares if it looks strange? Life is too short to NOT carry stuffed animals around as an adult. I say go for it!

No problem! Ok then, I think I will. It could also be an excuse (not that I need one really) to get another Disney stuffed animal

Follow me on instagram: Nina_bina20

Our Paris/Disney Adventure
[SIZE="2"][SIZE="1"][FONT="Comic Sans MS"]The 'Oh my God! We can actually go!' Pre - trip Report:
The 'Oh my God! We Actually Went!' Trip Report:
Neeny17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2013, 11:47 AM   #500
__disneygirl
well, all that's left now is the happy ending.

Quote:
Originally Posted by beachphotog View Post
The safebra cupcake, hahah!

Crocs and socks?! That couple has staying power!

I'm with Lee-Anne and Everest. I rode it with my goddaughter over and over and over again and I couldn't stomach much of it after... Maybe since it'll be 1 and 1/2 years in between, I'll be ok?

Love your AK updates!
I just know they're gonna steal my idea and that will be the new name.

AGREED! I refuse to marry anyone who won't match my crocs in Disney!!!

AHH but at least you tried it! I think she would love all thrill rides if she tried them. Sigh.

Thank you!

Quote:
Originally Posted by LifeIsDis View Post
WHAT?!?!?!?!
I know. It's disturbing. If you don't like Animal Kingdom, you're completely missing it. It's very sad!

Quote:
Originally Posted by sheila <3 WDW View Post
Great updates!! Loved the lion and gorilla interaction. I laughed out loud at your comment about Jafar and the not-as-cool high ponytail!! Epic!
Thank you so much!! Glad you're enjoying it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neeny17 View Post
Quote:
Thank you so much!

Who cares if it looks strange? Life is too short to NOT carry stuffed animals around as an adult. I say go for it!
No problem! Ok then, I think I will. It could also be an excuse (not that I need one really) to get another Disney stuffed animal
haha yeah I have way too many Disney stuffed animals but I always find an excuse to buy another!
__disneygirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2013, 12:36 PM   #501
__disneygirl

OCTOBER 23, 2012
Day 3, Part 7 In Which We Witness A Tiger Pool Party

Yeah I am updating AGAIN with another double update/Doupdate!!! It's really the only thing I can do because I'm SO EXCITED FOR OUR TRIP IN 67 DAYS. THE FOOD AND WINE FESTIVAL HAS STARTED. Oh excuse me, it's called the "Flower and Garden" festival. SORRY BUT WHO CAN THINK ABOUT GARDENS WHEN EATING A DOLE WHIP THAT HAS ALCOHOL IN IT!??!?!!!?!!? NOT I! AND I MEAN YOU KNOW THEY'RE JUST GONNA HAVE THE SAME TOPIARIES AS THEY ALWAYS DO WHICH IS GREAT CAUSE THEY'RE BEAUTIFUL BUT I HAVE SEEN THEM AND ALL AND I AM JUST GOING TO BE EATING SO ENDLESSLY!!!!! THIS IS HONESTLY THE BEST!!!!!

67 days!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Whew.

Ok.

So back to October. That lovely day at Animal Kingdom. We were in Asia.

We went into the Yeti Store (I don't know the real name of it but there are a TON of Yetis in there so I call it the Yeti Store) for a bit. This sign amused me greatly:

YETI ITEMS!!!

I love this elephant shirt! I would actually wear this whole outfit, truth be told. It would be a good Boma dinner outfit.

We headed in the direction of the Maharajah Jungle Trek.

These monkeys were out (I can't remember what kind they are at the moment) and they were playing together. It was so cute!

Onto the Trek!

So I noticed these duckling mosaics. Random!

Has this umbrella always been there or what? Because I don't remember it. More randomness!

EXCITED TO SEE MY BELOVED PRECIOUS ANGELS!!! THE BATS!

I love things that are both scary and adorable (which explains my horrible love life but we'll talk about my issues later), so bats make my heart swell with joy.

Unfortunately, they were not doing much today.

I've had better luck with them in the past! Check out this post from my 2010 TR. I love when they have their wings spread out and also when I can see their cute tiny bear faces.

We moved on pretty quickly cause they were literally just hanging out.

The tigers were doing the usual pacing around the little pool thing they always do.

But there was a twist! A CM had put a floatation device in the pool.

Then this huge tiger just started acting like any little kitty.

It was sooo cute. She would pace around and just kind of stare at it and then walk back and try and paw it again.

Look at that giant paw!

You all have to know what happened next.

SHE FELL IN OH MY GOD CUTEST THING EVER.

Up next: Continued in Next post!!! KEEP SCROLLIN!!
Old 03-06-2013, 12:38 PM   #502
__disneygirl

OCTOBER 23, 2012
Day 3, Part 8 In Which I Cross Another Experience Off The Ol' Bucket List

SHE IS LITERALLY THE PRETTIEST GIRL IN THE WORLD, DON'T ARGUE WITH ME.

I love her.

I come bearing videos! Sorry, I did not catch her falling in... every time I would record she wouldn't do it and then I'd stop and she would. But whatever you can still see her pacing around and having a pool party.

Video 1: http://youtu.be/ZNqTowM8miU
Video 2: http://youtu.be/oiaZrKzuu3k

The other girls were doing stuff too.

BUT the one playing in the pool was obviously the cutest. She just kept getting right back up and doing it again.

Same thing. She'd pace around, try and grab the ball, stare at it, repeat.

I have now learned that watching a tiger fall into a pool never gets old. We must have stood there and watched for over a half an hour.

I love this next one because she really looks like she is studying it. "You're a puzzle, white floaty thing. BUT I WILL SOLVE YOU."

Then this other tiger started pooping!

Yeah I took a picture. Cause whatever. How many tigers have you seen do this? It's an occasion. So I pulled out the laminated bucket list I always carry in my back pocket and crossed off "See a tiger poop."

Meanwhile our bathing beauty managed to push the ball back over to the right side of the pool but she couldn't seem to accomplish whatever it was she wanted to. I think she was trying to sink it?

She was trying to chew on it too. NEVERENDING CUTENESS.

I think this tiger is the oldest. She wasn't playing or pooping or anything. She was just chillin.

And yeah this girl just would not give up on her pacing and falling in routine.

Cutest thing I have ever witnessed. SIGH.

It really reminded me of how they are just big cats. It was acting so similar to a house cat. You could almost forget that if you took one step too far it would probably become less interested in the ball and more interested in eating your head.

That was our last stop of the day - it was almost time for Hanson to take the stage again at Epcot!

I snapped this on the way out - just another example of how EVERYTHING in AK is decorated to a T!

Up Next: DO YOU LOVE ME, DO YOU LOVE ME, DO YOU LOVE ME, LITTLE PRETTY?!?! CAN YOU TELL ME WHAT'S GOING ON IN THE CITY!?!!?
Old 03-06-2013, 02:04 PM   #503
arbolita
DIS Veteran

I'm so happy Timon was able to stop by and join in on both his and Pumba's family reunions! Every gathering needs SOMEONE in a grass skirt and lei!

HOLY COW at the gorillas! Was there something in the air that day causing drama all over the Animal Kingdom?

Edit: OH SNAP. You were making more updates while I was leaving my comment! Sneaky Lia...

I want to play with the big kitties!
June 1990 - Offsite * June 2008 - Offsite- Got Engaged! * September 2009 - CSR - Disneymoon * October 2010 - POP/POR * June 2011 - CBR * December 2011 - Offsite - Farewell to Jaws * February 2012 - One More Disney Day-Video Trip Report - ASMu * January 2013 - SSR Old, New & Long Lost Friends, w/ a Side of Frump! * August 2013 - Puns, a Fun Run and 1901 - Our first trip to Disneyland! * May 2014 - BLT/AKV * January 2015 - AKV * August 2015 - ? * October/November 2015 - Port Orleans

August Trip Report: Puns, a Fun Run and 1901 - Our first trip to Disneyland!

New for 2015: One PTR, three VERY different trips - one extremely excited Disney loving girl!

Follow me on Twitter! @GertieTheDino89

Last edited by arbolita; 03-06-2013 at 05:14 PM.
arbolita is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2013, 02:11 PM   #504
MissyMouse80
Earning My Ears

Sounds like you had Almost The Best Day Ever at Animal Kingdom Lodge. Riding Everst would have sealed the deal! Can I tell you how bad I want to be at Disney right now. I was just there twice in December and only 36 days till I go for the weeked to eat!
Old Key West - 05/11 Animal Kingdom Lodge 11/11 Coronado Springs - 11/11
Corondado Springs -03/12 Fantasy Cruise - 03/12 Beach Club 12/12 Port Orleans French Quarter - 12/12
Bay Lake Tower 4/13 Vero Beach 5/13 Wilderness Lodge 5/13 Grand Californian 7/13 Boardwalk 10/13 Animal Kingdom Lodge 10/13
Disney Magic 2/14
[/url]

MissyMouse80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2013, 05:17 PM   #505
danimaroo
DIS Veteran

DUDE seriously? Your AK day got even BETTER?! HOW IS THIS POSSIBLE?!

Seeing that tiger must have been the cutest and awesomest thing ever! Seriously, I'm jealous. I would've just died over it and sat there forever watching. I also appreciate that you saw a tiger poop, hahaha.
danimaroo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2013, 07:23 PM   #506
__disneygirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by arbolita View Post
I'm so happy Timon was able to stop by and join in on both his and Pumba's family reunions! Every gathering needs SOMEONE in a grass skirt and lei!

HOLY COW at the gorillas! Was there something in the air that day causing drama all over the Animal Kingdom?

Edit: OH SNAP. You were making more updates while I was leaving my comment! Sneaky Lia...

I want to play with the big kitties!
I agree!!!

I don't know what was going on! It's so funny that I started out the day worrying that we wouldn't have enough time and that the animals wouldn't be active. HAH.

I am an updating machine these days! I'm so overly excited for our trip, I have to get that energy out somehow!

So do I! I WISH!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MissyMouse80 View Post
Sounds like you had Almost The Best Day Ever at Animal Kingdom Lodge. Riding Everst would have sealed the deal! Can I tell you how bad I want to be at Disney right now. I was just there twice in December and only 36 days till I go for the weeked to eat!
It's okay, I got to ride Everest many times while I was solo! It's all good.

YAY for your trip being so close! I'm so excited to eat!!! AHH!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by danimaroo View Post
DUDE seriously? Your AK day got even BETTER?! HOW IS THIS POSSIBLE?!

Seeing that tiger must have been the cutest and awesomest thing ever! Seriously, I'm jealous. I would've just died over it and sat there forever watching. I also appreciate that you saw a tiger poop, hahaha.
I DON'T EVEN KNOW. It was magical!!!

It really was. I was just full of smiles, so much that my face hurt! and Thank you for appreciating the poop.
Old 03-06-2013, 08:02 PM   #507
DisneyOBSESSEDMommy
Earning My Ears

Fabulous Tiger Pics, Lia!! You got some really amazing shots! What a great DAK day

Lovin all the updates!
DisneyOBSESSEDMommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2013, 02:36 AM   #508
Neeny17
Mouseketeer

Oh my god those tigers! Sooooooo cute! You had the best ever animal antics in AK I have ever seen!

Follow me on instagram: Nina_bina20

Our Paris/Disney Adventure
[SIZE="2"][SIZE="1"][FONT="Comic Sans MS"]The 'Oh my God! We can actually go!' Pre - trip Report:
The 'Oh my God! We Actually Went!' Trip Report:
Neeny17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2013, 05:35 AM   #509
Stringbean&Wingnut
DIS Veteran

UGH I am SO jealous of the people at Disney right now that can have the rum Dole Whips!!! Maybe they'll become a F&W item too??

Awww the tiger pool party sounds like it was really cute!!
Stringbean&Wingnut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2013, 07:25 AM   #510
okw19
DIS Veteran

67 days is so exciting! My trip is in 49! I can't wait to see the Flower and Garden and Booze Festival.

I'm totally with you on the scary/adorable thing. I love to look at the bats!

That tiger is so gorgeous! You're so lucky to have witnessed a tiger poop. We all have that one on the bucket list because well obviously.

okw19 is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: