Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Theme Parks Attractions and Strategies
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-05-2013, 06:58 PM   #1
buzzrelly
DIS Veteran

I'm so upset, I could cry :(

Hi all...my mom and I are planning on going to WDW April 10-19, and taking DS11 and DD9....all of our reservations are made, paid for, plane tix purchased, etc. I booked this trip on 9/27/2012 and have done all of the planning by myself, and I know you all can appreciate how much work is involved!! We are staying at the CR with a TPV, mostly because my mom loves it there and we do as well, but I maybe would have gone to a less expensive place if it were solely up to me. Anyway, yesterday my mom came over after work and said her vacation time didn't get approved...long story but I guess she messed up! Ugh! They actually told her to submit a request in writing to make an exception, which she submitted today. So best case scenario is that they take pity and allow her to have the whole time off. However, they did mention that if they did allow her the time, they would want her back to work on 4/18, so she would have to change her flight to 4/17. So my question is, how would this affect our trip? For example, if she has to cancel completely, could I just remove her from the r package? Or if she has to leave on 4/17, could I cancel her last 2 days of tix and DDP? Thanks for any advice!

So

buzzrelly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2013, 07:08 PM   #2
kaytieeldr
Reserving the right to make jokes out of typos - but NOT the people who make them - since 2012

Location: There is no Pixie Dust on the Transportation Board!!!

You'd have to change everyone's package to be the same if she leaves early, then book another package for the remaining days for the remaining people. Or, instead of a package for the second part of the stay, just add days to the tickets of the people staying for the full vacation.

If she can't go at all, you can change your package up to 45 days before arrival with no penalty. Actually, same is true for any changes.
kaytieeldr is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 03-05-2013, 07:12 PM   #3
serene56
DIS Veteran

what airlines did you book with? a lot of them you would'lose your money if canceled.

we'booked'directly'with disney. we were told we can make changes 45 days before our trip'with no fees.

so'hopefully your moms job will tell her soon so you can make changes without incurring fees

our surprise day: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q2cIzwp4XWk&feature=plcp

serene56 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2013, 07:16 PM   #4
drinkme
DIS Veteran

That stinks!

If your mom leaves early, you can just keep your package how it is. You can just use her unused DDP entitlements. You will be out of the money for her park ticket for that one day, but it really won't be that much money.

We've done this before when my dh couldn't get off of work at the last minute and he had to fly to WDW a day later. You just have to set it up with DME. In fact, on our upcoming trip, dh is coming to WDW a few days later than the rest of us, and then he's flying home a day early. Just let DME know.

Keep us updated!
drinkme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2013, 07:27 PM   #5
buzzrelly
DIS Veteran

Thanks everyone...we are actually at 35 days out now, so changing the package isn't an option. And honestly, I don't know if I'd even want to change the whole thing now, although I'd be really sad to go without her. If she has to leave early, I didn't realize that we could use up the dining credits before she left. We are doing breakfast at CRT and were planning on paying OOP because we have quite a few other character meals planned...maybe we'd just use the 2 dining credits on that. At least it's an option. Keep your fingers crossed for me, and I'll post any updates! I'm hoping they let her know by tomorrow.

Oh...as far as the airfare, we are flying SW...I was thinking that maybe the change fee is around $100???

Old 03-05-2013, 07:30 PM   #6
JessM
We all have a dream

No change fees for Southwest but you do have to pay the difference if the ticket price is more.
JessM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2013, 07:32 PM   #7
ghosty1000
Mouseketeer

If you mom does end up having to leave early, as long as you are more than 45 days outside of your arrival date:

Change your package to include only 2 day tickets, then you can upgrade the tickets individually after arrival.

If you do purchase the dining plan, you will lose out on her last day or 2 because the dining plan must apply to everyone on the reservation for the length of stay.

You could do what a previous poster mentioned as well, cut the reservation short for the day your mom leaves and make a room only reservation for you and the kids for the last night. You may even want to try out another resort!

06/00 DLR, 06/02 offsite, 09/04 POFQ, 09/07 CBR, 09/08 CSR, 06/09 POFQ, 09/10 POFQ, 03/11 DLR, 10/12 POFQ, 09/13 POP
ghosty1000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2013, 07:32 PM   #8
serene56
DIS Veteran

what airlines did you book with? a lot of them you would'lose your money if canceled.

we'booked'directly'with disney. we were told we can make changes 45 days before our trip'with no fees.

so'hopefully your moms job will tell her soon so you can make changes without incurring fees

our surprise day: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q2cIzwp4XWk&feature=plcp

serene56 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2013, 07:35 PM   #9
momtwoboys
DIS Veteran

Hope it works out and she gets approved!
DS (13)
Lily
momtwoboys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2013, 07:51 PM   #10
buzzrelly
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by JessM
No change fees for Southwest but you do have to pay the difference if the ticket price is more.
We paid a LOT for the plane tickets already, I can't imagine paying any more!!

Old 03-05-2013, 07:53 PM   #11
smitch425
DIS Veteran

Truckloads of pixie dust for you!!!

smitch425 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2013, 08:04 PM   #12
buzzrelly
DIS Veteran

Thanks everyone!!!

Old 03-06-2013, 09:01 AM   #13
Brian Noble
His Curmudgeonly Highness

Quote:
so changing the package isn't an option.
You *can* change it, but there is a fee to do so---according to MouseSavers, it is $50.

http://www.mousesavers.com/walt-disn...des/#wdtcrules

If she comes with you for most of the trip, it *might* be worth just keeping everything as is, and figuring out a way to use the four extra meal credits. If she does not come at all, you could drop her from the reservation, and in that case the $50 will be worth it. She'll have a year from booking the flights to use the airfare.
Brian Noble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2013, 09:08 AM   #14
alohamom
DIS Veteran

Pixie dust for you-hope it all works out, I am sure it will!
alohamom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2013, 09:09 AM   #15
firecracker725
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by drinkme View Post
That stinks!

If your mom leaves early, you can just keep your package how it is. You can just use her unused DDP entitlements. You will be out of the money for her park ticket for that one day, but it really won't be that much money.

We've done this before when my dh couldn't get off of work at the last minute and he had to fly to WDW a day later. You just have to set it up with DME. In fact, on our upcoming trip, dh is coming to WDW a few days later than the rest of us, and then he's flying home a day early. Just let DME know.

Keep us updated!
This is absolutely your best option being that you're within the 45 day mark.

-------------
firecracker725 is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: