Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 03-05-2013, 09:00 AM   #961
bowbat
DIS Veteran

Just chiming in to add that I was another who didn't want to relinquish control over my ADRs. Then one of my trips I was going to be busy on my 180-mark day, so I threw caution to the wind and let IPO make them for me. So much easier! Like others said, I had an email waiting for me when I awoke that day saying all my ADRs were made. I went nuts and even had them make some changes to them later on.
Wilderness Lodge – 10/2011, 11/2012, 11/2013
Boardwalk Inn – 11/2011, 3/2014
Grand Floridian – 2/2012
Yacht Club – 6/2013
Old 03-05-2013, 09:38 AM   #962
NicoleLarson
DIS Veteran

Do all of the club level rooms at AKL have savannah views? I thought this was true then I just read someone's trip review that said they didn't have a savannah view.
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 03-05-2013, 10:19 AM   #963
mmmears
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by NicoleLarson View Post
Do all of the club level rooms at AKL have savannah views? I thought this was true then I just read someone's trip review that said they didn't have a savannah view.
All of the non-DVC ones should be facing the Arusha Savanna. It's the DVC CL rooms up on the 6th floor that sometimes do not have a savanna view.

* Disneyland * Walt Disney World * Disneyland Paris ** Disney Wonder Bahamas * Disney Wonder Alaska *
*Grand Floridian Resort* Animal Kingdom Lodge * Polynesian Resort * Yacht Club * Beach Club * Disneyland Hotel * Grand Californian Resort *
Old 03-05-2013, 11:08 AM   #964
gwynne
DIS Veteran

Contemporary CL

I have a Q about Contemporary CL. I didn't realize standard king rooms were a bookable category there. It's not online, but when I called CRO, they mentioned it. Price wise, it's higher than a standard club room. I am wondering if these rooms are on 12th or 14th? Anyone stayed in these? Any thoughts/recommendations?

Many thanks for info and advice! :

TY Kook
Trip planning is half the fun! Ad astra per aspera ~Ginny~

Last edited by gwynne; 03-05-2013 at 12:01 PM.
Old 03-05-2013, 11:15 AM   #965
goofy78
…sea monkey has my money… …yes, I'm a natural blue…

Quote:
Originally Posted by AliceIn
Wanted to give an update on my 180 day ADRs. The BC/YC IPO did mine on my 180 day mark, and they did a fantastic job. I got my confirmation back before I even got to work yesterday. I have dinners at BOG and 'Ohana on the nights I wanted them at the times I requested with only one slight time adjustment for 'Ohana. I'm glad I let them do it for me!
Do I have to give a specific time or a time frame? I would much rather give a specific time and if they have to adjust something by 15 minutes or so that would be fine. But I don't want to give a time of say CRT 8:15 and have them book it for 10. Do you have a backup plan just in case they can't get one around the time you want? Like if I can't get CRT for 8:15 should I give them another option? I'm making myself crazy! Two more months for my 180. Would it be too soon to send them my requests now?
Old 03-05-2013, 04:36 PM   #966
osugal
Mouseketeer

How likely are you to get bunk beds at WL CL or AKL CL? Is this something you can reserve or is it just a request? Thanks!
Old 03-05-2013, 04:46 PM   #967
WDWKOOK
Lawyered-Up and Shovel-Ready!I'm running out of material and may have to resort to re-posting wattle and Siegfried and Roy

Quote:
Originally Posted by osugal View Post
How likely are you to get bunk beds at WL CL or AKL CL? Is this something you can reserve or is it just a request? Thanks!
Bunks can only be requested when staying CL (or when booking a STD view non-CL WL room.) Just email the IPO and they will add your request to your reservation for the room assignor to see. Most who request them at WL seem to get them, especially during non-peak travel times. Good luck!
Old 03-05-2013, 04:52 PM   #968
Tess
DIS Vet - 1997
Still thinking happy little thoughts. . .
The Tag Fairy sees and loves Tess too!

Quote:
Originally Posted by goofy78 View Post
Do I have to give a specific time or a time frame? I would much rather give a specific time and if they have to adjust something by 15 minutes or so that would be fine. But I don't want to give a time of say CRT 8:15 and have them book it for 10. Do you have a backup plan just in case they can't get one around the time you want? Like if I can't get CRT for 8:15 should I give them another option? I'm making myself crazy! Two more months for my 180. Would it be too soon to send them my requests now?
You should give the IPO staff a time range (or a specific time). I have never had a CM book an ADR several hours after a requested time. I have always given them a time frame, i.e, 11:30 a.m. - 12:30 p.m. for a lunch ADR. You can certainly request a specific time (and I have done that as well). The ADR has always been booked with 15 minutes on either side of the specific time IF they can't book the specific time.

It is not too early to send your requested ADRs to IPO if you have your planning complete. They will simply hold your request until the booking window opens.
Old 03-06-2013, 06:54 AM   #969
goofy78
…sea monkey has my money… …yes, I'm a natural blue…

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tess

You should give the IPO staff a time range (or a specific time). I have never had a CM book an ADR several hours after a requested time. I have always given them a time frame, i.e, 11:30 a.m. - 12:30 p.m. for a lunch ADR. You can certainly request a specific time (and I have done that as well). The ADR has always been booked with 15 minutes on either side of the specific time IF they can't book the specific time.

It is not too early to send your requested ADRs to IPO if you have your planning complete. They will simply hold your request until the booking window opens.
Thanks Tess!
Old 03-06-2013, 07:15 AM   #970
Mousemommy1
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by osugal View Post
I had bunk beds as a request at WL CL and got them! My kids loved them!!!

PAST TRIPS:
JUL 1985 OFFSITE • JUL 1989 OFFSITE • MAR 2000 ASMO • SEP 2000 ASMU • SEP 2002 ASSP • NOV 2009 POP • FEB 2011 CBR • JUL 2012 WL CL • APR 2013 YC CL • SEP 2013 POFQ • AUG 2014 BC CL
Old 03-06-2013, 12:27 PM   #971
Wanna be Ariel
DIS Veteran

This is going to be our first time staying CL at the Poly in September. I have not been contacted by IPO yet. Should I email them or wait a little longer. We are getting close to our 180 mark (19 days to go) and since there is so much trouble with the site I thought I better have them make my dinning reservations for me. What should I do?

Also I was going to make the reservation for 4 people (not sure if my mom will be making the trip or not) even though we only booked for 3 people in the room. Will this be a problem?

Many Trips Before DS
Sept- Poly CL (DS 1st Trip & DH B-Day)
May- AK Jumbo/SSR (DS B-Day & 1st FG and SWW)
Nov/Dec-BLT LV (DS 1st MVMCP)

Last edited by Wanna be Ariel; 03-06-2013 at 12:30 PM. Reason: Added a question
Old 03-06-2013, 12:30 PM   #972
1coolnini
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wanna be Ariel View Post
This is going to be our first time staying CL at the Poly in September. I have not been contacted by IPO yet. Should I email them or wait a little longer. We are getting close to our 180 mark (19 days to go) and since there is so much trouble with the site I thought I better have them make my dinning reservations for me. What should I do?
Personally I would make them myself. I have not had any problems making (and canceling) ADR's using the online site.

10 day stay May 2013 (BC)
Old 03-06-2013, 12:31 PM   #973
mmmears
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Call them or email them. They may not have the info they need to contact you. I wouldn't wait for them to do it (I'm guessing that if they haven't already they aren't going to). Just let them know your res # and name and dates and I'm sure they will be happy to help you.

* Disneyland * Walt Disney World * Disneyland Paris ** Disney Wonder Bahamas * Disney Wonder Alaska *
*Grand Floridian Resort* Animal Kingdom Lodge * Polynesian Resort * Yacht Club * Beach Club * Disneyland Hotel * Grand Californian Resort *
Old 03-06-2013, 12:34 PM   #974
gwynne
DIS Veteran

Quote:

Also I was going to make the reservation for 4 people (not sure if my mom will be making the trip or not) even though we only booked for 3 people in the room. Will this be a problem?
I think it's easier to just email them and introduce yourself, include your reservation # and last name in the subject line. I usually do this as soon as I book.
I always have the IPO make my reservations. I make a few too, as time goes on, but on the 180 day it's awesome to have that list pop into your box at some point in the day.
They will want your list ahead of time, if you have it now, add it to your intro email. I try to get my dining reservation requests to the IPO at least a week or longer ahead of the 180 day. About your mom, just note beside each request how many adults/children. It's OK if the #'s vary from one request to another.
Have a wonderful vacation!

TY Kook
Trip planning is half the fun! Ad astra per aspera ~Ginny~
Old 03-06-2013, 12:58 PM   #975
Wanna be Ariel
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by gwynne View Post
I think it's easier to just email them and introduce yourself, include your reservation # and last name in the subject line. I usually do this as soon as I book.
I always have the IPO make my reservations. I make a few too, as time goes on, but on the 180 day it's awesome to have that list pop into your box at some point in the day.
They will want your list ahead of time, if you have it now, add it to your intro email. I try to get my dining reservation requests to the IPO at least a week or longer ahead of the 180 day. About your mom, just note beside each request how many adults/children. It's OK if the #'s vary from one request to another.
Have a wonderful vacation!
Great! Thank you so much. I am going to email them today. I think I have my list done too, but I will go over that first and then send that to them also. Thank you again for the help

Many Trips Before DS
Sept- Poly CL (DS 1st Trip & DH B-Day)
May- AK Jumbo/SSR (DS B-Day & 1st FG and SWW)
Nov/Dec-BLT LV (DS 1st MVMCP)
Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: