Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Rumors and News
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-19-2013, 10:03 AM   #1
SFreelove
Mouseketeer

Free dining to come out soon for aug-sept dates???

Does anyone think the Free Dining promo for (aug-sept dates) will be out in early march of atleast before the last week of march?

In past years this is when it came out, from what I've been told. My ADRs are at the end of march, i'm PRAYING the offer comes out before then so I don't have to pay some out of pocket fees i'm not a big fan of these extra fees since its already costing us an arm and a leg. By extra fees I mean if we don't have the dining plan certain resturants we are eating at require to be paid up front like cinderellas royal tabel, etc.

Now OF COURSE I'm talking like its set in stone to come out, because I've got reliable sources and past history an bouncebacks for my dates the would confirm it will be out for aug-sept, but I know this could change and not be true but i'm sticking with it WILL be comming out and if so when do you all think it will? Early march like past years? or when??

Thanks
SFreelove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2013, 10:23 AM   #2
DSNY4ever
I am going to keep hunting around
I will cross my fingers for both of us

Quote:
Originally Posted by SFreelove View Post
Does anyone think the Free Dining promo for (aug-sept dates) will be out in early march of atleast before the last week of march?

In past years this is when it came out, from what I've been told. My ADRs are at the end of march, i'm PRAYING the offer comes out before then so I don't have to pay some out of pocket fees i'm not a big fan of these extra fees since its already costing us an arm and a leg. By extra fees I mean if we don't have the dining plan certain resturants we are eating at require to be paid up front like cinderellas royal tabel, etc.

Now OF COURSE I'm talking like its set in stone to come out, because I've got reliable sources and past history an bouncebacks for my dates the would confirm it will be out for aug-sept, but I know this could change and not be true but i'm sticking with it WILL be comming out and if so when do you all think it will? Early march like past years? or when??

Thanks
From what I have heard floating around...even if they do release free dining this year (which they might not at all) it will most likely only be counter service. So I don't think that would help you out.

This is only rumor of course and I hope I am very wrong, but I wouldn't hold my breath. Supposedly New Fantasyland is brining in enough people that they might not need the great discounts this year We are planning our trip accordingly.

Disneyland at the Holidays, here we come!
DSNY4ever is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 02-19-2013, 10:27 AM   #3
SFreelove
Mouseketeer

True i've heard that rumor too but i've heard more rumor about the standard plan with one sit down being available still for FD. A couple bouncebacks had this also. So i'm going with the evidence for now. If it is only quick service, you can always upgrade for a fee.. which is still less than paying for the full plan per person.. but i'll keep hoping LOL! thankyou for the input
Old 02-19-2013, 11:24 AM   #4
DSNY4ever
I am going to keep hunting around
I will cross my fingers for both of us

I will cross my fingers for both of us as we are going in the fall too. I am hoping more for room only discounts though as free dining doesn't appeal as much to me. But I will take it if that is what they are going to offer!! I will take any discount we can get at this point, because I agree this is costing an arm and a leg!

Disneyland at the Holidays, here we come!
DSNY4ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2013, 05:12 PM   #5
SFreelove
Mouseketeer

Oh I agree even a good room discount for that time frame would be nice! Heres to hope!!
Old 03-01-2013, 03:54 PM   #6
kimmykaboom
Earning My Ears

They usually release for the free dining plan for the months of August and September around the first week of May. I'm waiting on it to book my vacation as well. Good luck!
kimmykaboom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2013, 05:52 PM   #7
kcwiak
Mouseketeer

Last year they came out to the general public on March 4rh I believe. We already booked with DP but free would be great!

Sept 2013 - 10 day Family Trip
Jan 2011 - 7 day Family Trip
1990-1998 - 50+ day and/or multi day trips
kcwiak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2013, 12:23 PM   #8
vacation_junkie
Have Suitcase...will Travel :)

Quote:
Originally Posted by SFreelove View Post

Thanks
As of yesterday current BB offers dated until the end of the year have been room discounts only.
This may be a year where FD is not offered.
Traditionally FD is offered Jan/feb during their slowest time.
I think this year was the first time in 6-7 years that free dining wasn't offered!

There was talk of the Free Dining changing as well. No free dining for the Values. Mod's would get counter service and Deluxe would get the regular dining plan.

It will be interesting to see how it plays out!
We are hoping FD will be back for next year.

vacation_junkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2013, 12:31 PM   #9
TDC Nala
1937, what a year that was
Diet Coke on Ice or Else
I apparently don't do anything they want to stimulate

DISboards Moderator

Free dining has been offered for the general public in the August/September timeframe since 2005, but for January and February, only in 2011 and 2012.
Old 03-05-2013, 03:03 PM   #10
vacation_junkie
Have Suitcase...will Travel :)

Quote:
Originally Posted by TDC Nala View Post
Free dining has been offered for the general public in the August/September timeframe since 2005, but for January and February, only in 2011 and 2012.
Not correct...We had free dining in 2008 & 2010. I'm not sure if it was a General public offer, Canadian Promo or bounce back... We go the same week every January usually every year. In 2009 We went in April with no free dining..i think it was just the park hopper, water park and more free upgrade.

vacation_junkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2013, 04:24 PM   #11
Marsheliz
DIS Veteran

I am hoping for it as well. last year I am thinking they announced it in April and you had to book it by May 31 in order to get the discount.
I feel like the dining plan saves us alot of money! Especially with character meals!

No matter how your heart is grieving, if you keep believing.. The dreams that you dream... Really do come true....

April 2005- Offsite.. My now DH's first time
December 2005- Offsite ( ENGAGED at MK)
December 2007- Offsite ( Pregnant with Lawson)
February 2011-All Star Sport ( Pregnant with Landen)
September 2012- 1 night @ POFQ
September 2012- 3 nights @ AOA
October 2013- Caribbean Beach Resort
June 2014- Weekend Surprise at Port Orleans Riverside!

October 2013 TR- http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3207813
June 2014 TR http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3293489
Marsheliz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2013, 08:33 PM   #12
kcwiak
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marsheliz View Post
I am hoping for it as well. last year I am thinking they announced it in April and you had to book it by May 31 in order to get the discount.
I feel like the dining plan saves us alot of money! Especially with character meals!
Last year it was announced March 5th I believe

Sept 2013 - 10 day Family Trip
Jan 2011 - 7 day Family Trip
1990-1998 - 50+ day and/or multi day trips
kcwiak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2013, 11:45 PM   #13
monorailrabbit
Rabbits Rabbits Everywhere!

Hoping something is announced after this current promo is up (March 7) SUPER hoping for Value to be included!
Old 03-06-2013, 11:26 AM   #14
BigDisneyLove
Earning My Ears

I
BigDisneyLove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2013, 11:28 AM   #15
BigDisneyLove
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by monorailrabbit View Post
Hoping something is announced after this current promo is up (March 7) SUPER hoping for Value to be included!

I thought this promo was expiring at the end of the month? March 7 sounds a whole lot better......just curious where you got/heard that date?
BigDisneyLove is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: