Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-04-2013, 09:06 PM   #1
LikeSeriously
Mouseketeer

Will it be hard to switch?

I booked 7 nights in an LM room at AoA for early October. I knew there wouldn't be Free Dining with the LM rooms but I was hoping for Free Dining for the suites. If that happens, we plan to upgrade. HOWEVER... I know there's also a chance that there will be no Free Dining for Values at all. So, I decided to check on Moderates. I found that at Port Orleans - Riverside, we could get one of the Royal Guest Rooms with Free Dining for about $200 LESS than we can get an LM with paid dining or $500 LESS than an AoA Suite with Free Dining. So, regardless of whether or not Free Dining is offered for the Values, I think we will change to a Moderate if Free Dining is offered.

How popular is Port Orleans - Riverside that time of year? Does anyone think I would have trouble switching after Free Dining comes out?
LikeSeriously is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2013, 08:46 AM   #2
mickeynut1
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by LikeSeriously View Post
I booked 7 nights in an LM room at AoA for early October. I knew there wouldn't be Free Dining with the LM rooms but I was hoping for Free Dining for the suites. If that happens, we plan to upgrade. HOWEVER... I know there's also a chance that there will be no Free Dining for Values at all. So, I decided to check on Moderates. I found that at Port Orleans - Riverside, we could get one of the Royal Guest Rooms with Free Dining for about $200 LESS than we can get an LM with paid dining or $500 LESS than an AoA Suite with Free Dining. So, regardless of whether or not Free Dining is offered for the Values, I think we will change to a Moderate if Free Dining is offered.

How popular is Port Orleans - Riverside that time of year? Does anyone think I would have trouble switching after Free Dining comes out?
We've never stayed at POR, but it seems to have a big following any time of year. Since Disney releases discounts to fill rooms, POR might or might not be offered under free dining should it come out. If the resort is booking up with other discounts or with no discounts, it might not be offered for free dining. But with that said, as long as what you want is available, it will be easy to modify your current reservation provided you already have a package booked. If you booked room only for the LM room, that would have to be cancelled/refunded and the free dining package booked, requiring a new $200 deposit or payment in full if done 45 days or less from arrival. Since room only and packages are separate reservation systems, money paid toward one cannot be applied to the other. Good luck.

Country Inn & Suites LBV June 2001 - CBR July 2002 - BC December 2003 - WL CL Oct/Nov 2004 - WL September 2006 - All Star Vacation Homes March 2007 -Poly September 2007 - All Star Vacation Homes March 2008 - AKL/GF SL/WL January 2010 - AKL/GF December 2010 - GF RPC May 2011
mickeynut1 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 03-05-2013, 09:27 AM   #3
LikeSeriously
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by mickeynut1

We've never stayed at POR, but it seems to have a big following any time of year. Since Disney releases discounts to fill rooms, POR might or might not be offered under free dining should it come out. If the resort is booking up with other discounts or with no discounts, it might not be offered for free dining. But with that said, as long as what you want is available, it will be easy to modify your current reservation provided you already have a package booked. If you booked room only for the LM room, that would have to be cancelled/refunded and the free dining package booked, requiring a new $200 deposit or payment in full if done 45 days or less from arrival. Since room only and packages are separate reservation systems, money paid toward one cannot be applied to the other. Good luck.
I booked LM with the Dining Plan. We will need it even if it doesn't end up being free. Will that make it easier? No canceling and re-booking?
Old 03-05-2013, 11:17 AM   #4
mickeynut1
DIS Veteran

Quote:
I booked LM with the Dining Plan. We will need it even if it doesn't end up being free. Will that make it easier? No canceling and re-booking?
Yes, since you already have a package booked with dining, it can easily be modified without cancelling and rebooking if you want to change resorts, provided POR is available .

Country Inn & Suites LBV June 2001 - CBR July 2002 - BC December 2003 - WL CL Oct/Nov 2004 - WL September 2006 - All Star Vacation Homes March 2007 -Poly September 2007 - All Star Vacation Homes March 2008 - AKL/GF SL/WL January 2010 - AKL/GF December 2010 - GF RPC May 2011
Old 03-05-2013, 11:23 AM   #5
LikeSeriously
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by mickeynut1

Yes, since you already have a package booked with dining, it can easily be modified without cancelling and rebooking if you want to change resorts, provided POR is available .
Awesome! Thanks for the info!
Old 03-05-2013, 11:27 AM   #6
mickeynut1
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Awesome! Thanks for the info!
You're welcome .

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: