Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Just for Fun > W.I.S.H > Events/Competition
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-05-2013, 10:07 AM   #436
Tropical Wilds
The Command considers us a bunch of losers. But we’re gonna do it right this time, ’cause we’re the best. If we don’t... We’ll be drummed out of the corps.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeanigor View Post
Yes. To both.

The finish line party is basically as if Epcot didn't close for the day. You have to pay for whatever you want to eat or drink. There are not freebies given out as if it were a Christmas party at MK. In years past they have given racers a $10 gift card to use during the after party (or whenever they want in reality) toward food and drink. The after party ticket is admission.

There will be a booth to have your medal engraved in Epcot. Its location will be pointed out on the map of the after party. I think it is around $20 and was on the promenade as you enter World Showcase last year.
The countries are closed though, right? No going back over falls or finding Donald in Mexico, correct?
11/1994 ~ CBR, 11/1996 ~ CBR, 11/1999 ~ Off-site (Grad Night!), 11/2007 ~ CBR, 9/2011 ~ ASMu, 1/2012 ~ POP, 10/2012 ~ POP, 1/2013 ~ Poly, 5/2013 ~ POP, 11/7/2013 ~ CBR Wine and Dine Half Marathon! 2/2014 ~ Poly Glass Slipper Challenge

Next trip: 11/2014 ~ Wine and Dine Half 5th Anniversary

°o°Find Me on Flickr°o°My Blog - The Disney Chef°o°
Tropical Wilds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2013, 10:22 AM   #437
jeanigor

Top of the "list" (now, which list is it?)
Don't pee on the parquet

Quote:
Originally Posted by capeseal View Post
MVMCP dates haven't been released yet but, historically, it begins the Friday night before the race. We are hoping to attend during our trip too. (We'll be staying the for the week after the race.) It is definitely one of the draws for us to do this race.
Seeing as how last year was the first year for the race to be held at that time, I am not sure "historically" fits as there is no precedent set. It would be nice if that is the case again this year though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tropical Wilds View Post
The countries are closed though, right? No going back over falls or finding Donald in Mexico, correct?
The countries were open. Most attractions in Epcot were open. For sure being tossed "back back over the falls" or chasing Señor Donald around México were available.

I'm not sure about being able to take a nap in the countries with movies though
jeanigor is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 03-05-2013, 10:32 AM   #438
Tropical Wilds
The Command considers us a bunch of losers. But we’re gonna do it right this time, ’cause we’re the best. If we don’t... We’ll be drummed out of the corps.

Quote:
The countries were open. Most attractions in Epcot were open. For sure being tossed "back back over the falls" or chasing Señor Donald around México were available.

I'm not sure about being able to take a nap in the countries with movies though
Wow, for some reason I thought they were closed. That's pretty cool then... How bad are the lines?
11/1994 ~ CBR, 11/1996 ~ CBR, 11/1999 ~ Off-site (Grad Night!), 11/2007 ~ CBR, 9/2011 ~ ASMu, 1/2012 ~ POP, 10/2012 ~ POP, 1/2013 ~ Poly, 5/2013 ~ POP, 11/7/2013 ~ CBR Wine and Dine Half Marathon! 2/2014 ~ Poly Glass Slipper Challenge

Old 03-05-2013, 10:41 AM   #439
jeanigor

Don't pee on the parquet

Quote:
Wow, for some reason I thought they were closed. That's pretty cool then... How bad are the lines?
Not terrible. Some attractions were virtual walk ons. Soarin' was only like 15 mins last year. (Getting to the attraction was harder than waiting for it--downhill slopes like that KILL me after a race)
Old 03-05-2013, 10:50 AM   #440
Tropical Wilds

Quote:
Not terrible. Some attractions were virtual walk ons. Soarin' was only like 15 mins last year. (Getting to the attraction was harder than waiting for it--downhill slopes like that KILL me after a race)
LoL! Awesome.

Call me insane, but I'm dreaming of doing the race then doing Soarin, oh, about 50 times. Like I said, for me the victory of the night will be crossing the line and just being in the park after-hours. I've done MK after-hours, but EPCOT is my favorite park and I've never done an after-hours event there. I'm pumped to just be there.

Old 03-05-2013, 11:13 AM   #441
jeanigor

Don't pee on the parquet

Quote:
LoL! Awesome.

Call me insane, but I'm dreaming of doing the race then doing Soarin, oh, about 50 times. Like I said, for me the victory of the night will be crossing the line and just being in the park after-hours. I've done MK after-hours, but EPCOT is my favorite park and I've never done an after-hours event there. I'm pumped to just be there.
It totally rocks. I don't think you are insane, and I doubt in this forum, anyone else would either. Birds of a feather tend to flock together!
Old 03-05-2013, 11:36 AM   #442
capeseal
DIS Veteran

Mis-posted
capeseal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2013, 12:47 PM   #443
PlutoBaby
Treat stress like a dog;pee on it and walk away.

Quote:
It totally rocks. I don't think you are insane, and I doubt in this forum, anyone else would either. Birds of a feather tend to flock together!
Amen to that!!!

And just to crank everybody up.....registration is just ONE WEEK AWAY!! WHOOP! WHOOP!

She is your friend, your partner, your defender, your dog. You are her life, her love, her leader. She will be yours, faithful and true, to the last beat of her heart. You owe it to her to be worthy of such devotion.
PlutoBaby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2013, 01:04 PM   #444
FloridaNative8
Mouseketeer

Quote:
I agree! Not insane, you are right on target!

WDW - Too many visits to count!
AOA - Jan 2013 CBR - Nov 2013 POR - Jan 2014 POP - Feb 2014
Disney Fantasy - EC, March 2013
W&D Half - 2010, 2013
Donald Half - 2013
Minnie 10K - 2014
WDW Marathon - 2014
Glass Slipper Challenge - 2014
Goofy Challenge - 2015
FloridaNative8 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2013, 02:21 PM   #445
smileyk8
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by helloirishkitty
Is anyone else doing this race Solo? I think I will be going alone, and even if I don't, DH/DS will not stay up to watch me finish.
I'll be running as solo as you can be in a WISH shirt. I love that you feel a sense of belonging! My parents will be at the end (hopefully!)
Boston Marathon 2009 4hrs 22minsPrincess half marathon 2009 1hour 56mins, 57secs Walt Disney World Marathon 2010 4hrs 7minsRoyal parks half 2010 1:52:19WDW Wine and Dine 2013 1:50:16
smileyk8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2013, 03:31 PM   #446
MoonFaerie
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Seeing as how last year was the first year for the race to be held at that time, I am not sure "historically" fits as there is no precedent set. It would be nice if that is the case again this year though.
Historically that is when the first MVMCP occurs. It just so happens to be race weekend too now.

MoonFaerie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2013, 09:10 PM   #447
sillylily
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by smileyk8 View Post
I'll be running as solo as you can be in a WISH shirt. I love that you feel a sense of belonging! My parents will be at the end (hopefully!)
Agreed, WISHers never run alone. It's just you and a few hundred people you've already talked to! My DH and DDs will be at the end, but as for the run I am a solo. My youngest DD could easily place in Corral A, but she doesn't quite meet the age requirements. But I imagine they'll be riding Soarin' and TT until they realize I'm getting close to the home stretch!

sillylily is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2013, 02:49 AM   #448
sunnygal041
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by sillylily

Agreed, WISHers never run alone. It's just you and a few hundred people you've already talked to! My DH and DDs will be at the end, but as for the run I am a solo. My youngest DD could easily place in Corral A, but she doesn't quite meet the age requirements. But I imagine they'll be riding Soarin' and TT until they realize I'm getting close to the home stretch!
I probably will be traveling and running solo.

sunnygal041 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2013, 08:34 AM   #449
Snelldog
Earning My Ears

Well, my quest to make Wine and Dine Half my 13th 13 in 13 is still on track! Check out my new blog for proof! www.snellsracechase.wordpress.com
Snelldog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2013, 08:53 AM   #450
PlutoBaby
Treat stress like a dog;pee on it and walk away.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snelldog View Post
Well, my quest to make Wine and Dine Half my 13th 13 in 13 is still on track! Check out my new blog for proof! www.snellsracechase.wordpress.com
Nice job on the Little Rock Half! I know all about those runners who you set your sights on, leave in the dust, just to have them reappear out of nowhere. HATE that!!

She is your friend, your partner, your defender, your dog. You are her life, her love, her leader. She will be yours, faithful and true, to the last beat of her heart. You owe it to her to be worthy of such devotion.
PlutoBaby is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: