Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Restaurants > Disney Dining Plan
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-05-2013, 10:06 AM   #1111
micknpluto
DIS Veteran

^I think that might be it too many people booked with hopes of fd. U have up to 45 days til vacation start to cancel.
Old 03-05-2013, 10:12 AM   #1112
smitch425
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by mickey2000 View Post
Guess TOO MANY are holding room and dummy dining reservations for Disney to offer FD to the public !
That room offer bounceback is normal for this time of year. It is not a factor in predicting a dining offer. Free dining bouncebacks are generally only available during Aug-Oct. stays.
smitch425 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 03-05-2013, 10:21 AM   #1113
trixiemuffin
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by smitch425 View Post
That room offer bounceback is normal for this time of year. It is not a factor in predicting a dining offer. Free dining bouncebacks are generally only available during Aug-Oct. stays.
I don't think Mickey2000 is referring to the bounceback offer. A lot of people have already booked Magic Your Way packages and dining reservations without discounts in the hopes that they may add free dining later. All these room bookings might lower the chance of free dining being offered.
Old 03-05-2013, 10:24 AM   #1114
mickey2000
Pin trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by smitch425 View Post
Maybe October !
However the BB for FD November December 2012 for Aug Sept 2013 was pulled early December 5th because as I was told by guest services an overwhelming response ...... JMO

mickey2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2013, 12:39 PM   #1115
5 Disney Fans
DIS Veteran

Hoping someone can answer this for me.... I did do a search and no exact match came up and I can't make it through this entire thread...

If I have a annual pass, can I book FD if it is available for my dates? And if so, is it even worth it? We are going for 4 days in August.

We are staying 4 nights and if they were to offer an AP discount on the room for say 30% off I wouldn't be able to use it w/ FD. And then I would have to buy park tickets (1 day or 2 day?) in order to get free dining I calculate I'd be out around $1100 (in park tickets and missed discount on the room). Is that even worth it for 4 adults and 1 child?
5 Disney Fans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2013, 12:40 PM   #1116
jelliott04
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by 5 Disney Fans View Post
If I have a annual pass, can I book FD if it is available for my dates? And if so, is it even worth it? We are going for 4 days in August.

Nope.
Old 03-05-2013, 02:39 PM   #1117
Kathymford
A little obsessed is ok....right?

I just want to say that FP+ isn't really a rumor. It's happening. There have been tests, and it's all part of the Magic bands. It's coming and soon. The new poles are at all of the rides.
Old 03-05-2013, 03:11 PM   #1118
disneyfantotheend
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kathymford View Post
I just want to say that FP+ isn't really a rumor. It's happening. There have been tests, and it's all part of the Magic bands. It's coming and soon. The new poles are at all of the rides.
I don't think anyone is saying FP+ is a rumor, more so the details of how it is going to work. There are many, many rumors regarding that.
disneyfantotheend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2013, 03:35 PM   #1119
TDC Nala
1937, what a year that was
Diet Coke on Ice or Else
I apparently don't do anything they want to stimulate

DISboards Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by 5 Disney Fans View Post
Hoping someone can answer this for me.... I did do a search and no exact match came up and I can't make it through this entire thread...

We are staying 4 nights and if they were to offer an AP discount on the room for say 30% off I wouldn't be able to use it w/ FD. And then I would have to buy park tickets (1 day or 2 day?) in order to get free dining I calculate I'd be out around $1100 (in park tickets and missed discount on the room). Is that even worth it for 4 adults and 1 child?
You can BOOK it, but you will need to buy at least 2 day park tickets. There's no ticketless packages for anybody on free dining.

You'd have to calculate if it's worth it to you or not based on what meals you were planning on doing and comparing the cost of those with the cost of the 2 day tickets. You can save the 2 day tickets and use them later, or use them to renew your AP. Remember if you go for the dining you won't get an additional room discount either.
Old 03-06-2013, 08:56 AM   #1120
Chabby
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by trixiemuffin View Post
I don't think Mickey2000 is referring to the bounceback offer. A lot of people have already booked Magic Your Way packages and dining reservations without discounts in the hopes that they may add free dining later. All these room bookings might lower the chance of free dining being offered.
Exactly!!!!!!!!!!
I don't blame them because they want to secure their ADRs in case they get to go, but I wish people stopped booking to increase chances of promotions!
Chabby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2013, 10:27 AM   #1121
jacksgirl
Mouseketeer

I booked yesterday because of limited availability in CSR Business Class, and we are going whether we get FD or not. When I added the DDP to my package, the CM said " and hopefully you will get FD for that time". So, I don't know if that means anything but I thought I would pass it along...
Old 03-06-2013, 10:49 AM   #1122
black562
Dis Whisperer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chabby View Post
Exactly!!!!!!!!!!
I don't blame them because they want to secure their ADRs in case they get to go, but I wish people stopped booking to increase chances of promotions!
I've been booking ADR's each day; however, I don't have an actual resort reservation yet. You don't need to stay on property to make ADR's. So far, I've woken up each morning and booked one ADR for 180 days out, and had no problems getting whatever I want.
| 1998 - Polynesian | 1999 - All Star Music | 2000 - Riverside | 2001 - All Star Music
2002 - All Star Movies, All Star Sports, All Star Music | 2003 - Riverside | 2005 - Pop Century
2006 - All Star Music, Riverside, All Star Sports, Pop Century
| 2007 - Pop Century | 2008 - Pop Century
2009 - Dolphin, Pop Century | 2010 - Riverside | 2012 - All Star Music | 2013 - Coronado Springs
2014 - Coronado Springs

My Disney Blog: www.disneybyjoe.com

black562 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2013, 11:18 AM   #1123
trixiemuffin
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by jacksgirl View Post
I booked yesterday because of limited availability in CSR Business Class, and we are going whether we get FD or not. When I added the DDP to my package, the CM said " and hopefully you will get FD for that time". So, I don't know if that means anything but I thought I would pass it along...
Ooh, that sounds hopeful. Sounds like some people who have talked to CMs within the past couple of days have heard some promising remarks. What dates did you book at CSR?
Old 03-06-2013, 11:39 AM   #1124
Rach2109
Mouseketeer

I'm guessing since the last day to book discounted rooms is tomorrow that the next offer, hopefully free dining, will be released after this current offer is no longer available to book. Crossing my fingers we hear soon what the next offer is!
Rach2109 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2013, 11:52 AM   #1125
Thorb73
Tinker, Pooh and their kids

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rach2109 View Post
I'm guessing since the last day to book discounted rooms is tomorrow that the next offer, hopefully free dining, will be released after this current offer is no longer available to book. Crossing my fingers we hear soon what the next offer is!
Actually the atual promotion is not finished tomorrow! Only for certain dates it will finish tomorrow but the promotion will stay valid for later arrival days until march 31st. That's why I don't expect any new promotion before April...
But maybe we are lucky ?! Who knows....

Disney's Hotel Santa Fe February 6th - 9th 2008
Disney's Hotel Santa Fe February 23rd - 27th 2009

WDW:
Disney's Coronado Springs Resort August 21st - September 1st 2011

DCL:
DISNEY Dream Bahamian cruise September 1st-4th 2011
DISNEY Magic NY to Canada September 2nd-7th 2012

Thorb73 is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: