Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Vacation Club > DVC Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-03-2013, 12:10 PM   #1
DVC Mike

DVC Member @ BLT, VGC, VWL, BWV, BCV

Smile Relaxing at the Beach Club

I checked into a 1-bedroom at the Beach Club Villas yesterday (March 2) for 8 nights, ready for another take it slow and relaxing vacation. I'm on the 5th floor facing the quiet pool.

Last night, I had a nice meal at the Captain's Grille at the Yacht Club. I think this is an under-rated place where I can grab a meal without an ADR. I love the Green Goddess salad, and the Cabernet-braised Short Ribs with Corn Risotto were great.

This morning, I had a nice breakfast at Kouzzina. I enjoyed the Waffle with Whipped Mascarpone Cheese, Honey, and Chopped Pecans.

Hmm, I seem to be focused on food, eh? Luckily, the Flower & Garden festival starts Wednesday, and I'm looking forward to the new food booths. I walked around World Showcase this morning and it looks like the Food & Wine festival.

This trip, I plan on doing less table service and more counter service (Boulangerie Patisserie, etc).

I didn't bring my Nikon Camera, so this won't be a photo trip report. However, I may take a snapshot or two with my iPhone.

Below are a couple shots from this morning's chilly walk around World Showcase. Not particularly terrible for a phone.

Epcot France by DVC Mike, on Flickr

Epcot China by DVC Mike, on Flickr

My DVC Home Resorts: Bay Lake Tower, Boardwalk Villas, and Villas at the Grand Floridian

DVC Mike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2013, 01:02 PM   #2
Ansky
Mouseketeer

Those are still a couple of nice pictures for just a phone. I'll take whatever I can get from you. Thanks for the update. Enjoy your trip.
Ansky is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 03-03-2013, 05:04 PM   #3
saintstickets
DIS Veteran

Great to see another of your TRs. Always enjoy your narrative and especially your pics. DW and I are staying at BCV for the first time during F&W this October. We have a studio reserved but will try and upgrade to a 1br using our BWV points at 7 months. Any pics or opinions you have on room location at BCV will be greatly appreciated.

DL - 1967 | WDW - 1973 (Orlando) | WDW - 1980 (Kissimmee) | WDW - 1985 (Kissimmee) | WDW - 1997 (Contemporary) | WDW - 2007 (Old Key West)
DVC - May2010 - OKW | Nov-Dec2010 - AKV/BWV | May2012 - BLT/VWL | Sep2012 - Aulani (30th anniversary) | Dec2012 - Aulani (DD honeymoon) | Oct2013 - BCV | Jun2014 - BWV | Oct2014 - DCL/BCV | Aug2015 - DCL Alaska | Dec2015 - BWV

The "Don't mess with the CMs/take less photos TR" Jun14 @ BWV
Oct13-BCV - MNSSHP, F&W, Wild Africa Trek
Sep12-Aulani - Sharks, horses, a submarine scooter, luau & Mickey
May12-BLT/VWL - Don't tell Mickey! It's NOT a bug's life! That's a dolphin's WHAT? Where's the ER? Is that a body? Seaworld, Discovery Cove, IoA, Space Center
Nov/Dec10-AKV/BWV - Backstage Magic Tour; V&A; Lots of pics and video
May10-OKW - DDP cost analysis; Wishes Dessert Party; Fantasmic
saintstickets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2013, 05:13 PM   #4
DVC Mike

I took another stroll around World Showcase. It felt more like January then March.

I had a ham and cheese on baguette sandwich at Les Halles Boulangerie & Patisserie (boy, was it crowded) in France, and followed that up with some School Bread at Kringla Bakeri og Cafe in Norway. I think that kind of negated the benefits of walking around World Showcase.

It is supposed to warm up here over the next day or two. I can't wait.

My DVC Home Resorts: Bay Lake Tower, Boardwalk Villas, and Villas at the Grand Floridian

Old 03-03-2013, 05:47 PM   #5
LisaS
DIS Veteran

Have they set up the same type of booths for the F&G food marketplaces as they do for the F&W festival? I think this is a great addition to the F&G festival, assuming the portions and prices are similar to F&W.

Enjoy your stay Mike. Thanks for posting the photos. Very nice! I hope it warms up soon.
Old 03-04-2013, 01:59 PM   #6
franandaj

Sharing adventures and good times
My heart is forever given to Fran

Love to see another TR! I can't wait to hear about the F&G Festival upgrades!
Alison ~~~~ Sleepy and Grumpy Visit Tatooine | Our Disney Dream Home|Keep Your Eyes on the Road | I do get to go to WDW this year! | Expo 2013 | ...It's How You Play the Game | We need a little Magic... | TR - Pinch me... | Destination D-75 TR | It'll be a WONDER ... | Cheating on Mickey w/ Harry, PTR | D23 Expo 2011 TR | D23 D40 WDW in Detail | DCA F&W Review | Jan 2010 DR Visits 2015: VGC, VWL, DCL 2014: VGC, CSR, VGF, DCL 2013: VWL, BCV, DCL, AKL, BLT, VGC, 2012: VGC, DCL, 2011: VGC, BLT, OKW 2010: THV, AKV, VGC, 2009: BWV 2008: SSR, 2007: AKL & GF, 2001: AKL, BC & DCL 1997: DXL & WL 1993: GF, DL Too many to count since 1973!
franandaj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2013, 04:48 PM   #7
Simba's Mom
everything went to "H*** in a handbasket
Keep me off the high horses!
Suffers from theme park dyslexia

Wonderful photos. Is the fifth floor, quiet pool view fairly quiet? Last year, after 11 trips to BCV I got my first quiet pool view. It's now my favorite view. However, it was a solo trip, and this time I'll be with DH, who's a very light sleeper. However, perhaps the cold weather means the quiet pool's been fairly "quiet"
Old 03-04-2013, 06:12 PM   #8
DVC Mike

It warmed up a bit today, and tomorrow it is supposed to be mid to upper 70's.

I spent most the the day inside Epcot, including a nice dinner at Le Cellier. I had the Canadian Cheddar Cheese Soup, Moosehead Pale Ale, and the Mushroom Filet Mignon. The service tonight was fantastic and the food was great.

Epcot Canada by DVC Mike, on Flickr

Old 03-04-2013, 06:15 PM   #9
DVC Mike

Quote:
Originally Posted by LisaS View Post
Have they set up the same type of booths for the F&G food marketplaces as they do for the F&W festival? I think this is a great addition to the F&G festival, assuming the portions and prices are similar.
The booths look just like F&W. I can't wait until Wednesday to try some of the items.

Old 03-04-2013, 06:16 PM   #10
DVC Mike

Quote:
Originally Posted by Simba's Mom View Post
Wonderful photos. Is the fifth floor, quiet pool view fairly quiet? Last year, after 11 trips to BCV I got my first quiet pool view. It's now my favorite view. However, it was a solo trip, and this time I'll be with DH, who's a very light sleeper. However, perhaps the cold weather means the quiet pool's been fairly "quiet"
It's been very quiet so far. However, I've had this view before with screaming kids below.

Old 03-05-2013, 09:31 AM   #11
DVC Mike

It looks like it's going to be a gorgeous day today! The high will be between 77-79 degrees.

I am looking forward to the start of the Flower & Garden festival tomorrow.

Here are some snapshots from the iPhone this morning.

Epcot 1 by DVC Mike, on Flickr

Epcot 2 by DVC Mike, on Flickr

Epcot 3 by DVC Mike, on Flickr

Old 03-05-2013, 09:57 AM   #12
a742246
older than dirt

Thank you for the pictures, we are going for 6 nights at the BC on March 14 and your pictures are a great fill in. If you get a chance go to the St Patrick celebration (Raglan Road) this weekend in DTD We went last year and it was very entertaining. I believe it is going on for two weekends this week and next.
Enjoy your trip!
a742246 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2013, 09:56 PM   #13
rmcildw2m
Mouseketeer

these are some awesome pictures thanks for sharing
Old 03-06-2013, 07:45 AM   #14
bobbiwoz
I'm happy to dance with you
I have 2 opinions
We had tried usual things to keep them away, including something like coyote urine, it is sold in hardware stores by us

I love your pictures, and can't wait to hear about F&G activities!

Bobbi
Old 03-06-2013, 10:23 AM   #15
Splashboat
Always looking for cheap airfare

I have never seen pictures taken with a phone look so good - very nice!
Splashboat is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: