Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Restaurants > Disney Dining Plan
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-04-2013, 01:39 PM   #1
Chuckers
Missing my day trips to Disneyland :(

Using 2 TS Credits question

I have booked a solo trip and I am thinking of upping my dining plan from + to Deluxe. The reason is that I have a friend coming to stay with me for two days of the trip. He will not be on the dining plan, but I will be.

I have booked a couple of ADRs for 2 people and I am wondering if I move up to the Deluxe plan, will I be able to use 2 of my TS credits at our meals?

I'll be paying with my KTTK card, but do they check to see how many are in my resort reservation or do they just check for available credits?

I'm not trying to get pull a fast one on the restaurant, but they are my credit to use as I want, no?
Old 03-04-2013, 01:40 PM   #2
TDC Nala
1937, what a year that was
Diet Coke on Ice or Else
I apparently don't do anything they want to stimulate

DISboards Moderator

No, you can't do this. They will not allow you to order 2 meals on DDP when your key card lists only one person on DDP.

Wdw asks that the credits not be redeemed for guests who did not purchase the plan.
Register to remove

Old 03-04-2013, 01:50 PM   #3
Chuckers

Quote:
Originally Posted by TDC Nala View Post
No, you can't do this. They will not allow you to order 2 meals on DDP when your key card lists only one person on DDP.

Wdw asks that the credits not be redeemed for guests who did not purchase the plan.
Thanks, I'll stick with plus and pay out of pocket.
Old 03-05-2013, 06:12 AM   #4
aubriee
Chocolate always makes things better

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chuckers View Post
I have booked a solo trip and I am thinking of upping my dining plan from + to Deluxe. The reason is that I have a friend coming to stay with me for two days of the trip. He will not be on the dining plan, but I will be.

I have booked a couple of ADRs for 2 people and I am wondering if I move up to the Deluxe plan, will I be able to use 2 of my TS credits at our meals?

I'll be paying with my KTTK card, but do they check to see how many are in my resort reservation or do they just check for available credits?

I'm not trying to get pull a fast one on the restaurant, but they are my credit to use as I want, no?
Your KTTW card will have 1A DxDDP (or 1A DDP) written on the bottom of it. That shows the waiter that one adult is in that room and is on the deluxe dining plan and they will only allow you to order one meal with that room key. You used to be able to get by with sharing with people not on the DDP, but Disney closed that loophole several years ago. The rules of the DDP clearly state that you can not share with others not on the DDP. There are quite a few waiters who post here on the DIS and several have posted that they must now follow the rules or it can cost them their jobs.
aubriee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2013, 08:45 AM   #5
Chuckers

Quote:
Originally Posted by aubriee View Post
Your KTTW card will have 1A DxDDP (or 1A DDP) written on the bottom of it. That shows the waiter that one adult is in that room and is on the deluxe dining plan and they will only allow you to order one meal with that room key. You used to be able to get by with sharing with people not on the DDP, but Disney closed that loophole several years ago. The rules of the DDP clearly state that you can not share with others not on the DDP. There are quite a few waiters who post here on the DIS and several have posted that they must now follow the rules or it can cost them their jobs.
Thank you, I wouldn't want to get anyone in trouble. 3 Years ago when I stayed at AKL Club level, my concierge told me I could use two credits, but I never did have the chance. Which is why I asked on here before I went through with it.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: