Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum > Disney Cruise Meets
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-24-2013, 05:47 PM   #361
EvaSue
DIS Veteran

Here here! I thought the vegetarian options at Palo were really good, both for dinner and brunch, but the regular restaurant options leave something to be desired. I'm not a big foodie, so it doesn't sour the experience for me at all, but I wouldn't MIND some better options!
EvaSue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2013, 11:30 AM   #362
iloverags2
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by EvaSue View Post
Here here! I thought the vegetarian options at Palo were really good, both for dinner and brunch, but the regular restaurant options leave something to be desired. I'm not a big foodie, so it doesn't sour the experience for me at all, but I wouldn't MIND some better options!
Yes, Palo is excellent for vegetarians (hello Gnocchi!); the main dining rooms, blah. We have asked repeatedly for DCL to include a simple pasta dish with marinara sauce as an alternative option (along with the chicken breast and fish entree). Other cruise lines do this, and considering the low cost factor involved I don't understand why DCL cannot do so also. *sigh*

iloverags2 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 02-27-2013, 11:06 PM   #363
EvaSue
DIS Veteran

I gave up and just asked for a baked potato more than once. The wait staff always did their best, but you can tell they are limited by the available selection. If they are doing Palo brunches, I will definitely try to sign up for it twice! And once for dinner, too, of course.
On a positive note, I adored Cove Cafe, I made it a part of my daily ritual on the Fantasy, and it was always a source if comfort while I worked on the Magic. I don't really drink alcohol, but coffee is my favorite indulgence!
EvaSue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2013, 06:46 AM   #364
jeanigor

Top of the "list" (now, which list is it?)
Don't pee on the parquet

Quote:
I gave up and just asked for a baked potato more than once. The wait staff always did their best, but you can tell they are limited by the available selection. If they are doing Palo brunches, I will definitely try to sign up for it twice! And once for dinner, too, of course.
On a positive note, I adored Cove Cafe, I made it a part of my daily ritual on the Fantasy, and it was always a source if comfort while I worked on the Magic. I don't really drink alcohol, but coffee is my favorite indulgence!
They should offer Palo brunch, but as there is only one sea day, it would only be offered once. So sad.
Old 02-28-2013, 10:52 AM   #365
iloverags2
DIS Veteran

Quote:
We did that quite a bit also...baked potato and any veggies they were serving as sides with other dishes. Considering the amount of bread, salad, appetizers, and desserts I ate, the potato and veggies always ended up being more than enough.

There will be only one Palo brunch unfortunately. We're still up in the air about Palo for dinner one evening. It's typically a must for us (our favorite), but we are sailing with good friends of ours and their family (5 of their 7 kids will be along for the ride) and I'm thinking since this will be their first cruise, mom and dad will not want to miss dinner any of the nights with the kids. We are sitting together for dinner, and I would hate to skip out on them one of the evenings...we'll see what happens though. I still have a few months before Palo reservations open up...just need to decide before then what to do!

Old 02-28-2013, 11:09 AM   #366
Silverfox97
PLATINUM Castaway Club ~ My driveway to WDW = 1 hour!

Location: Tampa, FL resident since 2007 (formally from Lorain & Columbus O-H-I-O)

I think we are going to do Palo brunch. I'm saving Palo dinner for the cruise right after (the 2-night to no where). I think we will do it on our last night to cap off both cruises

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards

2015 - Wonder Mar 4n; Magic June 11n Norway/Iceland; Dream Oct 3n ~ 2014 - Fantasy Mar Eastern; Magic - Oct SOUTHERN/B2B repo ~ 2013 - Fantasy Mar Eastern; Dream Oct 4n; Oct Magic B2B ~
2012 Feb Dream & Fantasy x2 - June Eastern, Dec Western ~ 2011 Magic x2 - Jan 5n DD, Oct Western ~ 2010 Wonder Aug 5n DD ~ 2005 Fairytale Wedding @ GF Wedding Pavilion & 3n Wonder
Silverfox97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2013, 03:21 PM   #367
IndigoMickey
Mouseketeer

The flight schedule for our sail dates is now open on

Southwest

Anni
IndigoMickey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2013, 03:23 PM   #368
jeanigor

Top of the "list" (now, which list is it?)
Don't pee on the parquet

How far is FLL from the Port area in Miami?
Old 03-04-2013, 07:33 PM   #369
goeva
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeanigor View Post
How far is FLL from the Port area in Miami?
FLL to POM 30 minutes.
Here is the Transportation Chart from FLL.
http://www.broward.org/Airport/About...oiceposter.pdf

MeDH DD DS
goeva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2013, 07:00 AM   #370
iloverags2
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silverfox97 View Post
I think we are going to do Palo brunch. I'm saving Palo dinner for the cruise right after (the 2-night to no where). I think we will do it on our last night to cap off both cruises

Great way to end your back-to-back cruises!

Old 03-05-2013, 07:12 AM   #371
Silverfox97

Location: Tampa, FL resident since 2007 (formally from Lorain & Columbus O-H-I-O)

Quote:
Originally Posted by iloverags2

Great way to end your back-to-back cruises!
It's also a celebration..... Once we complete the 2-nighter, we will be Platinum!!! Yay!!!

2015 - Wonder Mar 4n; Magic June 11n Norway/Iceland; Dream Oct 3n ~ 2014 - Fantasy Mar Eastern; Magic - Oct SOUTHERN/B2B repo ~ 2013 - Fantasy Mar Eastern; Dream Oct 4n; Oct Magic B2B ~
2012 Feb Dream & Fantasy x2 - June Eastern, Dec Western ~ 2011 Magic x2 - Jan 5n DD, Oct Western ~ 2010 Wonder Aug 5n DD ~ 2005 Fairytale Wedding @ GF Wedding Pavilion & 3n Wonder
Old 03-06-2013, 03:15 PM   #372
TorontoGirl
Mouseketeer

Hi Everyone! I booked this 5 Night and the 2 night after B2B! It's me (Tarin) and my DH (Donny) and I would love to be added to the Fish Extender list as well.

I will get thru all the posts soon and I look forward to getting to know everyone :-)

Oh and we are Silver CC members for these cruises and Gold as of the next we book YEAH!!!
Early 1990s-Offsite? MK & EPCOT, Oct 08–WDW–Honeymoon–All-Star Music-Jazz, Mar 09–WDW–All-Star Music-Jazz, Sep 09–WDW–All-Star Music-Jazz&Broadway & DCL–7 Night Western-Magic, Feb 10–WDW–All Star Movies-Dalmatians, Oct 10–DCL–7 Night Eastern-Magic, Mar 11-WDW-All-Star Music-Jazz, Sep 11-DCL-4 Night Bahamas-Dream & WDW - Pop, Dec 11-WDW-All Star Sports-Tennis, Feb 29 - 24hrs in MK!, May 13-EEC, Oct 14-ToT10Miler, Jan 15-Dopey Challange

Last edited by TorontoGirl; 03-06-2013 at 03:41 PM.
TorontoGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2013, 08:05 PM   #373
ksinglet
Oh Yeah - Platinum!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by TorontoGirl
Hi Everyone! I booked this 5 Night and the 2 night after B2B! It's me (Tarin) and my DH (Donny) and I would love to be added to the Fish Extender list as well.

I will get thru all the posts soon and I look forward to getting to know everyone :-)

Oh and we are Silver CC members for these cruises and Gold as of the next we book YEAH!!!
Welcome! We are booked for the 2 nighter also!

99 - Port Orleans & Disney Wonder, 00 - Port Orleans & Disney Wonder, 01 - Port Orleans, 02 - Disney Magic, 03 - Disney Magic, 04 - Disneyland Resort, 05 - Disney Magic, 06 - Disney Magic, 07 - Disney Magic, 08 - Disney Magic, 09 - Saratoga Springs & Disney Magic, 11 - Saratoga Springs & Disney Wonder, 12 - Bay Lake Tower & Disney Fantasy, 13 - B2B Disney Magic, 14 - B2B Disney Magic

[

ksinglet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2013, 11:24 AM   #374
Silverfox97

Hi all from the Fantasy!!!

Old 03-09-2013, 05:19 PM   #375
iloverags2
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silverfox97 View Post
Hi all from the Fantasy!!!

Enjoy your cruise!!!!

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: