Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum > Disney Cruise Line Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-04-2013, 10:43 AM   #691
mickeystoontown
DIS Veteran

Even though we've only cruised that one time, I know that I wouldn't like the early dining. I've been dropping hints here and there about wanting to go on a cruise again. Who am I kidding? I've been TELLING John that I want to cruise again but so far it's not working.

I'm betting that your sister has a little spitfire in her hands with Abby. She's adorable!

mickeystoontown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2013, 10:58 AM   #692
dolphingirl47
I will post my goodies once I am back
I have always been too worried to use the pillowcase

I hope Claire feels better soon.

Corinna
dolphingirl47 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 03-04-2013, 12:06 PM   #693
udflyer00
Mouseketeer

Jen,

I didn't even notice you were also and Ohioian until you mentioned that you had friends move to our part of the state... :D Are you close? Anyway, the shots of the girls turned out so cute. I love the innocence of the youth with the characters while they really TRULY believe. That's why I tell my friends with kids that you can never take them to Disney too early. My youngest was 2 on our last trip and the look on her face in anticiapation as we got closer and closer to meeting Mickey was to die for. As my kids are getting older I miss those moments. Our kids all love Disney don't get me wrong, but as you and they age their view of the Magic changes too. They love the characters, but really know what's going on in there.. haha
udflyer00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2013, 12:15 PM   #694
mom2rtk
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by jenseib View Post
Claire is home sick today. She has a cough and headache. Getting meds in her is chore, but when she has them she is good. You can tell when they wear off. We have been reading my TR together today and she is giving me her 2 cents every so often. The thing is, I am not getting anything done at all ...and I just want to go ahead and book myself another trip.

We could still do late dinner, you could get some chicken strips in early on or visit cabanas and then have late dinner too. Though I could do early dinner if I had to. Claire is actually pretty well behaved eating, but when she gets with other kids she gets antsy.

I can't sew to save my life. One of the girls I work with actually made the applique, just playing around when I asked and then I knew her teacher could sew, so I asked if she could put it on the dress, which I got off ebay for dirt cheap. We need to cruise again before she outgrows it!

And those are just panes of glass (or plastic) with lights in them.
So sorry Claire is under the weather today. We've sure had our share of it this year.

Needing to use that dress again before she outgrows it sounds like a great excuse to plan another trip!
mom2rtk is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2013, 01:30 PM   #695
dizneeat
DIS Veteran

Sorry Claire's not feeling well. Here's some (hopefully) healing for both of you.
Aug 22 Fantasy/Western Aug 29 Fantasy/Eastern
TR Feb 2014: Did you feel pressured ... TR 2013: Get off the ship ..... Pre TR 2014: DREAMing, some MAGIC and a little bit of Paris! Visit my other TRs/dining reviews here:

dizneeat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2013, 02:46 PM   #696
jenseib
Mommy to Claire

Quote:
Originally Posted by mickeystoontown View Post
Even though we've only cruised that one time, I know that I wouldn't like the early dining. I've been dropping hints here and there about wanting to go on a cruise again. Who am I kidding? I've been TELLING John that I want to cruise again but so far it's not working.

I'm betting that your sister has a little spitfire in her hands with Abby. She's adorable!
I think if you come home and say "I booked a cruise" he wnon't have a problem with it.
Abby is very different than how Alexis was, and it throws Gail for a loop. Also proves my theory when everyone would say things about my kids being a bit wiggly or jumpy at times ....Some of it is parenting, but some is uncontrollable and just in the child.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dolphingirl47 View Post
I hope Claire feels better soon.

Corinna
Thanks so much. Me too ,because I didn't get much done today.

Quote:
Originally Posted by udflyer00 View Post
Jen,

I didn't even notice you were also and Ohioian until you mentioned that you had friends move to our part of the state... :D Are you close? Anyway, the shots of the girls turned out so cute. I love the innocence of the youth with the characters while they really TRULY believe. That's why I tell my friends with kids that you can never take them to Disney too early. My youngest was 2 on our last trip and the look on her face in anticiapation as we got closer and closer to meeting Mickey was to die for. As my kids are getting older I miss those moments. Our kids all love Disney don't get me wrong, but as you and they age their view of the Magic changes too. They love the characters, but really know what's going on in there.. haha
I live up near Toledo area.
I love how they just really believe it's all real. It made think about our first trip with Claire when she was 2 as well. She was just in awe of all the characters.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mom2rtk View Post
So sorry Claire is under the weather today. We've sure had our share of it this year.

Needing to use that dress again before she outgrows it sounds like a great excuse to plan another trip!
She is sounding worse. I am going out now to pick up cold and cough medicine for her. She can barely talk, which isn't always so bad.
I am in such a mood to just book a trip for myself. I wish I could and have no issues, but my other half would not appreciate it that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dizneeat View Post
Sorry Claire's not feeling well. Here's some (hopefully) healing for both of you.
Thanks. I'll sprinkle that all over her.
jenseib is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2013, 02:56 PM   #697
tinkerbellandeeyor
DIS Veteran

Tell Clair to get well soon
Old 03-05-2013, 07:03 AM   #699
jenseib
Mommy to Claire

We said Good Bye to Chip and Dale.

We spotted Donald and he was giving us a little performance of his own.

We separated from the rest. I think Gail wanted to get Abby to bed.

Claire and I went off on our own and roamed around freely. I think we checked out the stores a bit and then we HAD to get a picture of her in the Golden Mickey dress with the Golden Mickey.

Another bathroom stop, and I just had to take a few more pictures.

More exploring.

I just love how colorful the deck of the Dream is. The Magic was pretty, but this is better.

A stop for a drink.

And we headed back towards the room for a minute. I dont remember why for sure, but I probably wanted to drop something off, change my clothes or pick something up.

Claires bed all turned down.

Old 03-05-2013, 07:09 AM   #700
jenseib
Mommy to Claire

We did whatever it was we headed to the room to do and then went back out again.
We ran into Pluto and stopped for a picture. The handler there noticed Claires dress and complimented it and said "You guys have sailed Disney before, haven't you." Yes we have!

We then headed up a flight of stairs and got in line for Captain Mickey.

I need to get in the habit of carrying my big flash with me on the ship. I really think my pictures would come out better if I did.

We wandered a bit more, going through the art gallery.

And then we went into D Lounge to see what was going on there.

There was a game that was getting close to the end and we sat down to watch it a bit.

I really was getting tired now. It was close to 11 and I swear I was nodding off as I sat there. I mentioned to Claire that we needed to leave, but she had seen Donald lingering out in the hall and wanted to see him come in first.

Donald was teaching Salsa Dancing.

He then went out on the dance floor with the kids. I tried to get Claire to go out, but she was too shy. She preferred to watch.

I couldn't last any longer, so we headed back to the room.

Before I went in the room, I decided to get a picture of our door. I went the whole time on our previous Dream cruise and never once took a picture of out decorated room door.

And that was pretty much it for the night. We got dressed in our PJs and turned the TV on for a few minutes and laid our head down on the 4th pillow of the trip. Oh the Places We Go!
We also met some new friends! Oh the People We See!
Old 03-05-2013, 07:48 AM   #701
mom2rtk
DIS Veteran

Donald teaching Salsa dancing? Very cool!

LOVE those photos with the Golden Mickey and the real Mickey.

What an awesome day. Remind me how many days your cruise was?
mom2rtk is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2013, 09:08 AM   #702
ronnmel
DIS Veteran

I love the pictures of the lighting fixtures. I took a few of those on my trip as well.

Claire's dress is so neat!

I love Disney art galleries!

Donald teaching salsa, that must have been fun!
ronnmel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2013, 11:20 AM   #703
mickeystoontown
DIS Veteran

Claire doesn't seem to be bothered at all by your need to walk around and take in every little detail. Sounds like you've got a travel agent in the making there, Jen.

mickeystoontown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2013, 01:05 PM   #704
dolphingirl47
I will post my goodies once I am back
I have always been too worried to use the pillowcase

I love the idea of Donald Duck teaching Salsa. I always knew that duck had all the moves . The character photos are precious.

Corinna
dolphingirl47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2013, 02:17 PM   #705
DVC Jen
DIS Veteran
Wigs out even the biggest circus freaks!
Proudly wears the title of WEIRDEST DISer!

Love love love the Mickey Ice Cream bar magnets. Did you make those yourself?

Check Out My Disney Vacation Photos My Disney Family Vacation Galleries
DVC Jen is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: