Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Restaurants
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-04-2013, 10:32 PM   #1
geishagirl81
Mouseketeer

is Hollywood and Vine that bad truly?

So, I need to make adrs next week and the wild card is HS. I have no idea....we don't really love any restaurants on property. The only place i haven't been too in over a decade is H&V. I don't remember how I felt about it. I know it has a reputation for lousy dining, but Jake makes it appealing as my two littles love that show. So, my question- are rare Disney junior characters the only redeeming quality? Is it as bad as the negative hype makes it out?

my hubby, the overworked and underappreciated me the crazy homeschool mom my lovable goofball son and my sweet and sassy little Stinkerbell
geishagirl81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2013, 10:57 PM   #2
Jenntx
Mouseketeer

We haven't eaten @ H&V since '05 because we did not like the food at all. It was a part of fantasmic dining package; the food was served buffet style and I remember it just being awful. We like Mama Melrose & Sci-Fi. The Italian food was good last summer @ MM (again ate there thru Fantasmic dining pkg). My husband & boys love the Sci-Fi atmosphere. We always have burger, fries & shakes - never tried anything else - they have been consistently good!
Jenntx is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 03-04-2013, 11:22 PM   #3
geishagirl81
Mouseketeer

Thanks. We have been to the other places a lot over the past few years...although not bad meals at mm, sci fi and 50s pt, nothing wows us. Maybe it's a problem of the whole park. As much as it will be cool for photos with Jake, I can't justify a $100 meal of ick I guess.

my hubby, the overworked and underappreciated me the crazy homeschool mom my lovable goofball son and my sweet and sassy little Stinkerbell
Old 03-04-2013, 11:37 PM   #4
deakam
DIS Veteran

We were there last month and Jake has a meet and greet near the Animation Studio....so you can still meet Jake. Why don't you hop on the boat and eat at one of the Broadwalk spots. If you have a PH ticket you could always hit Epcot.
deakam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2013, 04:38 AM   #5
TwistGrl101
DIS Veteran

People say the dinner is terrible, but the breakfast and lunch are fine, and the character interaction is great.
TwistGrl101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2013, 04:59 AM   #6
nhfd155
Mouseketeer

we went to lunch on our last two trips and thought the food was good. we actually walked away commenting on how good it was. I'm not big on buffets either. The kids loved the character interaction. my kids were 7 and 4 last trip. I noticed with Disney restaurants, it helps to go in with low to medium expectations, then they can really surprise you!
Old 03-05-2013, 05:20 AM   #7
POOHsie
DIS Veteran

We ate dinner at H&V as part of the Fantasmic dinner package. We liked it just fine. And they kept everything replenished and fresh. Kids seemed to make a mess out of the soft serve area and CMs were battling to keep the floor clean there and places where there were lots of kids at the tables. I think it's safe to at least give it a try.
POOHsie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2013, 05:57 AM   #8
Magic3forme
Grand Slam club members

i've had better meals there than I did at LeCellier. its typical buffet food, but there are lots of choices.

the character interaction is really good.

we have been for both breakfast and dinner.
Old 03-05-2013, 07:03 AM   #9
kimber11
Kimberley

No it's not bad at all. We went for lunch there in January and we loved the food. It had a ton of selection and the characters were great with the kids. I almost cancelled our reservation prior to going b/c of all of the negative things people had posted. I am so happy we didn't. We truly enjoyed it and my kids, who are the pickiest eaters, probably ate more here then at any other restaurant.
kimber11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2013, 07:13 AM   #10
pumba
DIS PUMBARIZER
I have a smile on my face a mile wide
Let’s just say that Mr. Feeney came out “well done”

DISboards Moderator

remember that each person has likes and dislikes...
We as a family enjoyed our breakfast there and also we usually do the Fantasmic pkg there..
We have not been disappointed...there is enough selections for both meals that you can find something that everyone will like..
Have a good time planning

pumba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2013, 07:15 AM   #11
Blessedwithboys
Mouseketeer

We ate breakfast here in September and enjoyed it. Typical breakfast food but with lots and lots of choices. The character interaction was pretty darn good and our 8:00am ressie was not crowded at all! Our server seemed a bit in a hurry but it did not effect the trip!!!
Blessedwithboys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2013, 07:27 AM   #12
2ndGeer
Earning My Ears

We like it just fine. It's typical Disney buffet food, something for everyone.
2ndGeer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2013, 07:40 AM   #13
AlohaAnnie
DIS Veteran

We have had lunch at H&V at least 3 times and we found it satisfying and good.

We are an easy to please family that does not eat signature meals. H&V was more like home cooking to us.

POR June 2006 POP May/June 2008 CBR Pirate Room & BC May/June 2009 Vero Beach & CSR & AKV Kidani May/June 2010 BLT Oct 2010 BWV March/April 2011 AKV Kidani Dec 2011 BCV/BLT June 2013
WL CL & AKV - Jambo Studio CL March/April2014 AKV Kidani June 2016

June 2013 Dining Report PTR Spring Break 2014
AlohaAnnie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2013, 07:42 AM   #14
momtwoboys
DIS Veteran

anyone have some recent dinner pics?
DS (14)
Lily
momtwoboys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2013, 03:38 PM   #15
geishagirl81
Mouseketeer

Thanks everyone. I guess we'll brave it out and give it a shot for lunch. Prolly with Fantasmic.

Can't be any worse than Chef Mickey.. 3 times in the last 4 years and each time was terrible.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: