Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Global Neighbours > Other Lands > Australia
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts
 
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read





Reply
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 02-27-2013, 05:57 AM   #1
MsMinne
Mouseketeer
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Posts: 95

No availability at DH for Sep trip

I'm hoping there is a glitch of some sort...I just tried to book my dates to stay at Disneyland hotel and its now telling me there is no availability

I was only checking on the weekend - all was fine! Now I feel my trip is ruined. How likely is it that the Hotel would be booked this far in advance? Is there any hope?

I feel shattered
MsMinne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2013, 07:19 AM   #2
mumoftriplets
Earning My Ears
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Posts: 23

Oh no! I wanted to stay at a Hyatt in November in Orange County and it was booked out too ! I emailed them as I thought I was doing something wrong or they had a issue their end - but it turned out that a conference was happening. Maybe send an email and hope it works out.
mumoftriplets is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Join Date: 1997
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 1,000,000
Old 02-27-2013, 07:46 AM   #3
Busy Busy
DIS Veteran
 
Busy Busy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Sydney
Posts: 583

Don't freak out yet!!

This has happened to us when we have been looking things up before too, then a couple of days later things have changed again.

Either email them, or even give them a quick phone call, it's worth it to put your mind at ease. They have to have a room for you - you're the mother of TRIPLETS - you deserve anything you want!!!! . Good luck!!
__________________


1978 - Disneyland
1997 - WDW - Dixie Landings & Disneyland
2006 - Hong Kong Disney
2009 - Disneyland - Paradise Pier
2011 - WDW - Wilderness Lodge
2013 - WDW - Port Orleans Riverside
2015 - WDW - Pop Century
Busy Busy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2013, 03:48 AM   #4
Marlea98
DIS Veteran
 
Marlea98's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Posts: 2,091

If it is a conference you'll be lucky to get something. And if you do be prepared for hotel crowds especially around the lifts.

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards
__________________
Marlea98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2013, 06:14 AM   #5
MsMinne
Mouseketeer
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Posts: 95

I am trying to locate their cancellation policy. Already burnt by having to pay for changing the dates on my vegas hotel.

Have been holding off booking here as I read that they offer discounts in Fall. If I can book now and can cancel when/if they offer a discount, then I will.
MsMinne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2013, 06:16 AM   #6
MsMinne
Mouseketeer
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Posts: 95

Quote:
Originally Posted by Busy Busy
Don't freak out yet!!

This has happened to us when we have been looking things up before too, then a couple of days later things have changed again.

Either email them, or even give them a quick phone call, it's worth it to put your mind at ease. They have to have a room for you - you're the mother of TRIPLETS - you deserve anything you want!!!! . Good luck!!
He he - I'm not the one with triplets

But I still think I deserve anything I want :P
MsMinne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2013, 09:14 PM   #7
5ofus
DIS Veteran
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Sydney
Posts: 942

Do your dates include Friday the 13th? The Disney Villains special event is on that day and they are expecting quite a big crowd from what I understand. I know the GCVs were booked out on the 12th quite some time ago - it's a popular weekend
__________________
Me and He , DS1 , DS2 and DS3 makes our family complete

5ofus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2013, 02:23 AM   #8
MsMinne
Mouseketeer
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Posts: 95

Either on the tues when we arrive (that would be ideal!) or the Fri.
MsMinne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2013, 02:39 AM   #9
MsMinne
Mouseketeer
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Posts: 95

Quote:
Originally Posted by MsMinne
Either on the tues when we arrive (that would be ideal!) or the Fri.
For some bizzare reason half my post went missing!

I was saying we arrive on the tues 24th. And that I was hoping there would be a Halloween party on during that period.
MsMinne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2013, 05:37 PM   #10
Lewdannie
Mouseketeer
 
Lewdannie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: BrisVegas, Australia
Posts: 203

Quote:
Originally Posted by 5ofus View Post
Do your dates include Friday the 13th? The Disney Villains special event is on that day and they are expecting quite a big crowd from what I understand. I know the GCVs were booked out on the 12th quite some time ago - it's a popular weekend
Oddly the Touring Plans crowd Calander is only predicting "3" for the 13th maybe once an offical announcement is made, it will change

Edit. I stand corrected, it has been announced
http://disneyparks.disney.go.com/blo...-disney-parks/
__________________

Last edited by Lewdannie; 03-02-2013 at 04:55 AM.
Lewdannie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2013, 12:30 AM   #11
aussietravellers
who LOVE disney holidays!
 
aussietravellers's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Australia or Austria... they are the same place aren't they?
Posts: 3,689

Quote:
Originally Posted by MsMinne View Post
I'm hoping there is a glitch of some sort...I just tried to book my dates to stay at Disneyland hotel and its now telling me there is no availability

I was only checking on the weekend - all was fine! Now I feel my trip is ruined. How likely is it that the Hotel would be booked this far in advance? Is there any hope?

I feel shattered
If they are really sold out direct with Disney, there may be another way... but it will not be the cheapest of ways.

You could try with an Aussie travel agent to check Qantas holidays or creative holidays for example. They have rooms available when they are sold out direct. This has happened with me before for WDW. I couldn't get anything, not one room at AKL one year. But I was walking past a flight centre and went in to see if they could get one for me. Not only did they get one for me, but they got one for my mother too! So they must have some rooms set aside for the different wholesalers around the world.

So... you would be paying more than booking direct. But if you had your heart set on DLH and couldn't get anything through Disney, you could try an Aussie TA
__________________
1975 - 1990 - Many Trips - Disneyland California - Disneyland Hotel
1995 - Walt Disney World - Yacht Club Resort
2004 - Disneyland California - Grand Californian
2008 - Walt Disney World - Animal Kingdom Lodge & Disneyland Paris - Hotel New York
2009 - Disneyland California - Grand Californian
2010 - Walt Disney World - Animal Kingdom Lodge + Beach Club + Yacht Club Resorts My 2010 Trip to NY and WDW Trip Report
2013 - We lived at Disneyland for 4 months! - Residence Inn Garden Grove, Grand Californian & Disneyland Hotel
aussietravellers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2013, 02:12 AM   #12
Luisa
Mouseketeer
 
Luisa's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Melbourne, Australia
Posts: 422

Have you tried Expedia? I just had a look and they have availability from the 24th.
__________________
Dec '99 & Dec '05 - Disneyland, Oct '08 - Disneyland Hong Kong, Dec '09 - WDW, 2011 - turned 40 at Disneyland in January!, Dec '11 - Tokyo Disneyland, Dec '12 WDW & Disneyland, Nov 2013 Return to Disneyland!, Nov/Dec 2015 -my mums first Disney experience - and another Disneyland visit for me!
Luisa is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2013, 07:13 AM   #13
MsMinne
Mouseketeer
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Posts: 95

Thanks everyone. It seemed to be ok now. I am in the process of getting quotes done through an agent now.

From what I have read, they seem to be priced the same as booking through the Disney website package.
However, the advantage (I believe) is that if any deal comes up, they can apply it. I thought I would book through an agents I take advantage of this. Knowing me, I will probably miss the discount announcement or it will be booked out during the time I am waiting.

Does anyone know if the agents can also book MNSSHP tickets? I'm so afraid of missing out on these as I think I'll only have one chance to go during our stay and I don't want to miss out,
MsMinne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2013, 03:55 PM   #14
DizOz
DIS Veteran
 
DizOz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Melbourne, Australia
Posts: 674

Quote:
Originally Posted by MsMinne View Post
Thanks everyone. It seemed to be ok now. I am in the process of getting quotes done through an agent now.

From what I have read, they seem to be priced the same as booking through the Disney website package.
However, the advantage (I believe) is that if any deal comes up, they can apply it. I thought I would book through an agents I take advantage of this. Knowing me, I will probably miss the discount announcement or it will be booked out during the time I am waiting.

Does anyone know if the agents can also book MNSSHP tickets? I'm so afraid of missing out on these as I think I'll only have one chance to go during our stay and I don't want to miss out,
I know if you are using DU they can book everything for you including MNSSHP and ADRs etc.

I have just booked our holiday with them again and this time I purchased a Premier Pass through them as part of our reservation. Their new questionnaire (After you make your reservation) even asks shopping tours, site seeing and going to other parks as well as organizing any special events whilst you are there.
__________________
DLR 2003, WL 2004, AKL 2004, DLHK 2006, GCH 2007, WL 2007, GCH 2010, WL 2010, DCL 2010, Portofino 2010 GCH, YC and WL 2013 (Coming Soon)


DizOz is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply



Thread Tools
Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
GET OUR DIS UPDATES DELIVERED BY EMAIL



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:37 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Copyright © 1997-2014, Werner Technologies, LLC. All Rights Reserved.