Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Global Neighbours > Other Lands > Australia
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-27-2013, 05:57 AM   #1
MsMinne
Mouseketeer

No availability at DH for Sep trip

I'm hoping there is a glitch of some sort...I just tried to book my dates to stay at Disneyland hotel and its now telling me there is no availability

I was only checking on the weekend - all was fine! Now I feel my trip is ruined. How likely is it that the Hotel would be booked this far in advance? Is there any hope?

I feel shattered
MsMinne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2013, 07:19 AM   #2
mumoftriplets
Earning My Ears

Oh no! I wanted to stay at a Hyatt in November in Orange County and it was booked out too ! I emailed them as I thought I was doing something wrong or they had a issue their end - but it turned out that a conference was happening. Maybe send an email and hope it works out.
mumoftriplets is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 02-27-2013, 07:46 AM   #3
Busy Busy
DIS Veteran

Don't freak out yet!!

This has happened to us when we have been looking things up before too, then a couple of days later things have changed again.

Either email them, or even give them a quick phone call, it's worth it to put your mind at ease. They have to have a room for you - you're the mother of TRIPLETS - you deserve anything you want!!!! . Good luck!!

1978 - Disneyland
1997 - WDW - Dixie Landings & Disneyland
2006 - Hong Kong Disney
2009 - Disneyland - Paradise Pier
2011 - WDW - Wilderness Lodge
2013 - WDW - Port Orleans Riverside
2015 - WDW - Pop Century
Busy Busy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2013, 03:48 AM   #4
Marlea98
DIS Veteran

If it is a conference you'll be lucky to get something. And if you do be prepared for hotel crowds especially around the lifts.

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards
Old 02-28-2013, 06:14 AM   #5
MsMinne
Mouseketeer

I am trying to locate their cancellation policy. Already burnt by having to pay for changing the dates on my vegas hotel.

Have been holding off booking here as I read that they offer discounts in Fall. If I can book now and can cancel when/if they offer a discount, then I will.
Old 02-28-2013, 06:16 AM   #6
MsMinne
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Busy Busy
Don't freak out yet!!

This has happened to us when we have been looking things up before too, then a couple of days later things have changed again.

Either email them, or even give them a quick phone call, it's worth it to put your mind at ease. They have to have a room for you - you're the mother of TRIPLETS - you deserve anything you want!!!! . Good luck!!
He he - I'm not the one with triplets

But I still think I deserve anything I want :P
Old 02-28-2013, 09:14 PM   #7
5ofus
DIS Veteran

Do your dates include Friday the 13th? The Disney Villains special event is on that day and they are expecting quite a big crowd from what I understand. I know the GCVs were booked out on the 12th quite some time ago - it's a popular weekend

5ofus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2013, 02:23 AM   #8
MsMinne
Mouseketeer

Either on the tues when we arrive (that would be ideal!) or the Fri.
Old 03-01-2013, 02:39 AM   #9
MsMinne
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by MsMinne
Either on the tues when we arrive (that would be ideal!) or the Fri.
For some bizzare reason half my post went missing!

I was saying we arrive on the tues 24th. And that I was hoping there would be a Halloween party on during that period.
Old 03-01-2013, 05:37 PM   #10
Lewdannie
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by 5ofus View Post
Do your dates include Friday the 13th? The Disney Villains special event is on that day and they are expecting quite a big crowd from what I understand. I know the GCVs were booked out on the 12th quite some time ago - it's a popular weekend
Oddly the Touring Plans crowd Calander is only predicting "3" for the 13th maybe once an offical announcement is made, it will change

Edit. I stand corrected, it has been announced
http://disneyparks.disney.go.com/blo...-disney-parks/

Last edited by Lewdannie; 03-02-2013 at 04:55 AM.
Lewdannie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2013, 12:30 AM   #11
aussietravellers
who LOVE disney holidays!

Location: Australia or Austria... they are the same place aren't they?

Quote:
Originally Posted by MsMinne View Post
I'm hoping there is a glitch of some sort...I just tried to book my dates to stay at Disneyland hotel and its now telling me there is no availability

I was only checking on the weekend - all was fine! Now I feel my trip is ruined. How likely is it that the Hotel would be booked this far in advance? Is there any hope?

I feel shattered
If they are really sold out direct with Disney, there may be another way... but it will not be the cheapest of ways.

You could try with an Aussie travel agent to check Qantas holidays or creative holidays for example. They have rooms available when they are sold out direct. This has happened with me before for WDW. I couldn't get anything, not one room at AKL one year. But I was walking past a flight centre and went in to see if they could get one for me. Not only did they get one for me, but they got one for my mother too! So they must have some rooms set aside for the different wholesalers around the world.

So... you would be paying more than booking direct. But if you had your heart set on DLH and couldn't get anything through Disney, you could try an Aussie TA
2008 - Walt Disney World - Animal Kingdom Lodge & Disneyland Paris - Hotel New York
2009 - Disneyland California - Grand Californian
2010 - Walt Disney World - Animal Kingdom Lodge + Beach Club + Yacht Club Resorts My 2010 Trip to NY and WDW Trip Report
2013 - We lived at Disneyland for 4 months! - Residence Inn Garden Grove, Grand Californian & Disneyland Hotel
aussietravellers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2013, 02:12 AM   #12
Luisa
Mouseketeer

Have you tried Expedia? I just had a look and they have availability from the 24th.
Dec '99 & Dec '05 - Disneyland, Oct '08 - Disneyland Hong Kong, Dec '09 - WDW, 2011 - turned 40 at Disneyland in January!, Dec '11 - Tokyo Disneyland, Dec '12 WDW & Disneyland, Nov 2013 Return to Disneyland!, Nov/Dec 2015 -my mums first Disney experience - and another Disneyland visit for me!
Luisa is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2013, 07:13 AM   #13
MsMinne
Mouseketeer

Thanks everyone. It seemed to be ok now. I am in the process of getting quotes done through an agent now.

From what I have read, they seem to be priced the same as booking through the Disney website package.
However, the advantage (I believe) is that if any deal comes up, they can apply it. I thought I would book through an agents I take advantage of this. Knowing me, I will probably miss the discount announcement or it will be booked out during the time I am waiting.

Does anyone know if the agents can also book MNSSHP tickets? I'm so afraid of missing out on these as I think I'll only have one chance to go during our stay and I don't want to miss out,
Old 03-05-2013, 03:55 PM   #14
DizOz
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by MsMinne View Post
Thanks everyone. It seemed to be ok now. I am in the process of getting quotes done through an agent now.

From what I have read, they seem to be priced the same as booking through the Disney website package.
However, the advantage (I believe) is that if any deal comes up, they can apply it. I thought I would book through an agents I take advantage of this. Knowing me, I will probably miss the discount announcement or it will be booked out during the time I am waiting.

Does anyone know if the agents can also book MNSSHP tickets? I'm so afraid of missing out on these as I think I'll only have one chance to go during our stay and I don't want to miss out,
I know if you are using DU they can book everything for you including MNSSHP and ADRs etc.

I have just booked our holiday with them again and this time I purchased a Premier Pass through them as part of our reservation. Their new questionnaire (After you make your reservation) even asks shopping tours, site seeing and going to other parks as well as organizing any special events whilst you are there.

DizOz is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: