Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Just for Fun > W.I.S.H
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts
 
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read





Reply
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 03-04-2013, 01:18 PM   #106
princessbride6205
DIS Veteran
 
princessbride6205's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Minneapolis, MN
Posts: 1,972

I'm in for March! I don't think I weighed myself a single time in February. I had knee surgery January 30th, so I was initially very limited in my activities. I could do the bike and basic strength training, but after a year of race training, I gave myself a break. I'm jumping back in now - hoping to lose 2-3 pounds. (I need to weigh myself to decide.)

Quote:
Originally Posted by pjlla View Post
QOTD for Friday, March 1, 2013:

It is a food "emergency". You have to buy a lunch at the grocery store to eat now.... No prep, no kitchen, etc. What do you buy to have a healthy quick lunch that is still OP? (Presuming that eating utensils are available.)


...........P
I would grab a greek yogurt and a piece of fruit. Maybe a small bag of carbs, like crackers.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pjlla View Post
QOTD for Saturday, March 2, 2013:
How do you de-stress (other than eating, of course )? Massage, warm bath, yoga? What can you do to keep stress at bay in the first place?
A nice warm/hot shower.
Yoga.
Reading.
Taking things one at a time when I'm overwhelmed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rose&Mike View Post
Since I am guessing Pamela is either still sick or busy, busy, busy, I am going to jump in with a QOTD.

QOTD Sunday, March 3, 2013
How do you do on the weekends? Do you find you are more on plan or less on plan?
More and less. We tend to go out for at least one meal and I'll have a bigger breakfast than weekdays. But I usually get in longer workouts and more produce.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pjlla View Post
QOTD for Monday, March 4, 2013:

Today is a NEW DAY! A new week, in a new Month! How are YOU going to make this your BEST MARCH EVER? Meal planning? New exercise routine? New recipes? Committing to weighing/measuring food portions? Strict food journaling?? How are you going to make sure that your choices are taking you in the direction in which you want to go??
I am going to achieve my goal of averaging 30 minutes of exercise per day. I am going to religiously do my knee PT exercises. I am going to participate in this thread and weigh myself to keep accountable. I am going to eat more produce. If I'm not successful in losing the first half of the month, I will start calorie counting again.
__________________
Nicole DH DD(6)
If there's a trip, there's a race!
2010 Princess Half * 2011 Wine & Dine Half * 2012 Wine & Dine Half
2013 WDW Marathon * 2013 Dumbo Double Dare / Coast to Coast! * 2013 Wine & Dine
2014 WDW Half * 2014 Glass Slipper * Next up: 2015 Goofy!
princessbride6205 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2013, 02:53 PM   #107
nocomment711
Ces Soirees-La
 
nocomment711's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Allentown, PA
Posts: 335

Time to catch up. I had a lazy weekend (which mean little food and minimum exercise (I'm talking less than 2000 steps for the day).

Catching up on qotds:

1) de-stress

I roleplay quite a bit when I'm not too busy. It lets me escape into a different world and write freely without a set structure. I also like naps.

2) weekend question...

I am bad on the weekends. I don't mean I gorge, I just eat less food and less healthy food. I have no schedule. I sleep until I wake up (usually skipping breakfast). I do find myself working out for at least 30 minutes both days, but it always feels like I need to do more. I need a better social life.

3) plans for march...

I have an exercise routine down. Zumba on Monday, Friday an Saturday. Nia on Tuesday, Thursday and Friday. Then Wednesday is a 40 minute workout in the work gym, then at least 30 minutes Saturday and Sunday.

I get an hour and a half for lunch three days a week as long as I'm using it to work out. I plan on taking advantage of that. Im also not going to take a week long break while on vacation because I have no vacation scheduled.

Still hoping to drop another 17+ pounds before Disneyland in early June.

------------------

Anyways, I had my first Zumba class today and loved it. I am a little awkward turtle in the class, but it is very laid back (like everything else in Santa Fe). I'll eventually learn the steps and be less awkward on the dance floor. We'll see.
nocomment711 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Join Date: 1997
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 1,000,000
Old 03-04-2013, 05:59 PM   #108
Rose&Mike
DIS Veteran
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Posts: 4,233

Pamela--I emailed you the master spreadsheet a couple of days ago. Let me know if you did not get it and I can resend it.
__________________
Rose&Mike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2013, 06:26 PM   #109
jillbur
DIS Veteran
 
jillbur's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Western PA
Posts: 1,138

Quote:
Originally Posted by pjlla
Happy Monday everyone!

QOTD for Monday, March 4, 2013:

Today is a NEW DAY! A new week, in a new Month! How are YOU going to make this your BEST MARCH EVER? Meal planning? New exercise routine? New recipes? Committing to weighing/measuring food portions? Strict food journaling?? How are you going to make sure that your choices are taking you in the direction in which you want to go??

I'll BB in a few minutes to chat!................P
Hmmm...my best March ever? I love trying new recipes so I know I'll be trying at least one a week. Gotta love Pinterest I also recommitted last week to tracking my WW points, so I plan to continue that. And, I restarted my Jeff Galloway 5k app and hopefully will find a 5k to sign up for.

----------------------------------------------------

This is just a quick check in. I started getting a horrible headache around my last class today & the kids were horrible today. Mouthy & rude teenage boys. Grrrrrr.

So, I went straight to the gym & did a warm up, 3 mile run/walk, and cool down. My 3 miles was about 4-5 minutes slower than usual, but I rarely run on a treadmill & I can't seem to run as fast as outside. So, for not having run in about 4 months, I was very pleased.

Then I came home & ate dinner. But, I cannot shake this headache. So I grabbed a coffee from BK and drooled at the picture of their new donuts. I haven't had a donut FOREVER!! Now I'm waiting for DS at drum lessons. I'm definitely going to bed early tonight.

Well, now that I'm going on & on about myself
Hope all is well with everyone

Jill
__________________
jillbur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2013, 07:10 PM   #110
camnhan
DIS Veteran
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Posts: 575

Hey gang

Sorry I have been MIA ..... Really have been struggling this past month with my arm. Bone has healed well however I have excessive swelling to hand and fingers making it hard to regain movement. Wrist is swollen as well and I have minimal movement as well.....doc is at a loss as to what is going on. Spend 6-8 hours a week in therapy with some improvement in my fingers but that is about it. I just want to get back to being capable of taking care of my house, family and myself!!!!!!!

Need to figure out what exercise I can do....not allowed to lift anything heavier than a cup of coffee....

We have 58 days till Disney and I fear I am still not going to have use of my hand . Grrrrrrrrrr

Well I hope everyone has had a great month... Can't wait to catch up with everyone!!
__________________
Jen
[FONT="Fixedsys"]June 2004 (all 28 of us! never again!!!) off-site, Dec 2007 WL, [COLOR="DarkOrchid"]May 2010 POR[COLOR="Indigo"]June 2011 Poly/BC, April 2012 CS, July 1013 AK, April 2014 off-site
NO TRIP PLANNED
camnhan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2013, 11:02 PM   #111
araes2102
Mouseketeer
 
araes2102's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: the desert
Posts: 490

Quote:
Originally Posted by camnhan View Post
Hey gang

Sorry I have been MIA ..... Really have been struggling this past month with my arm. Bone has healed well however I have excessive swelling to hand and fingers making it hard to regain movement. Wrist is swollen as well and I have minimal movement as well.....doc is at a loss as to what is going on. Spend 6-8 hours a week in therapy with some improvement in my fingers but that is about it. I just want to get back to being capable of taking care of my house, family and myself!!!!!!!

Need to figure out what exercise I can do....not allowed to lift anything heavier than a cup of coffee....

We have 58 days till Disney and I fear I am still not going to have use of my hand . Grrrrrrrrrr

Well I hope everyone has had a great month... Can't wait to catch up with everyone!!
Oh hope your arm gets better in time for Mickey!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eliza32 View Post
[B][COLOR="Magenta"]I'm still attending slimming class on a Wednesday evening - we have a taster session this week, still not decided what to do though!!. I'm paid up until the end of March, then DH has said he will pay for the next 12 weeks for me, as he is seeing the benefits of me going too - he's eating the same as me and losing the same as me.
Yay! That's double awesome

Quote:
Originally Posted by nocomment711 View Post
Anyways, I had my first Zumba class today and loved it. I am a little awkward turtle in the class, but it is very laid back (like everything else in Santa Fe). I'll eventually learn the steps and be less awkward on the dance floor. We'll see.
This made me I feel the same way I have been going to zumba but once a week for a few weeks now and still totally lost but having tons of fun!
__________________
Amanda DF (Engaged in front of Sleeping Beauty Castle 7/10/12!) DS-13 DD-7



araes2102 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2013, 11:42 PM   #112
50sjayne
DIS Veteran
 
50sjayne's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Eugene Oregon
Posts: 1,793

quotd's

destress:

teen daughter problems of past--treadmill

movies--in the past if I had a 3 movie day it generally meant I was in a pretty bad place

If I'm at work and there's nothing I can really do I just smile--even if I really don't feel like it. It helps.

Just being distracted and busy helps in some situations.

Weekends-- sometimes I get caught up in the internet for too much of the day. I really do good workouts on days I'm off though because I have more time.


Quote:
Originally Posted by pjlla View Post
Happy Monday everyone!



QOTD for Monday, March 4, 2013:

Today is a NEW DAY! A new week, in a new Month! How are YOU going to make this your BEST MARCH EVER? Meal planning? New exercise routine? New recipes? Committing to weighing/measuring food portions? Strict food journaling?? How are you going to make sure that your choices are taking you in the direction in which you want to go??


I'll BB in a few minutes to chat!................P
This March. Well--I usually have one shamrock shake-- I'll do a copycat recipe this time. My weekend in Portland (St. Patrick's Day) will be a lot of calories but I think I can drink less and have more fun listening to music and enjoying Portland.

I've been weighing myself every day and I think I can try to do that, even packing the scale for that weekend-- I've done it before. The biggest thing I think I can do though is try to ride my bike to work more. I've not been riding because I am running late and I can man up and stop doing that. Starting tomorrow lol. If it's raining I still won't but no more being late.

Misty's football tummy is becoming a basketball. I think at some point she will simply explode kittens like popcorn! Lol.
__________________
It's snowing in Disneyland!
50sjayne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2013, 12:27 AM   #113
araes2102
Mouseketeer
 
araes2102's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: the desert
Posts: 490

Just did 45 mins of strength while watching the biggest loser tonight, not the best workout but I got moving! Gotta say, I am really loving my bodymedia armband, I check it constantly and it really motivates me to move more And I have walked well over 10000 steps every day except one in the almost week I have been wearing it! Also makes me not so afraid to eat my alloted calories because I can see how many I am really burning Well, everyone have a great night and a great day tomorrow!
__________________
Amanda DF (Engaged in front of Sleeping Beauty Castle 7/10/12!) DS-13 DD-7



araes2102 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2013, 07:44 AM   #114
pjlla
<><
Only took one try and voila
Likes to be barefoot at every possible occasion
 
pjlla's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: South Central NH
Posts: 9,798

Happy Tuesday all!


QOTD for Tuesday, March 5, 2013:

Do you believe that changing your OUTSIDE will change your INSIDE? Physically? Mentally? In what ways? If not, why not?

If you are at or near your goal weight, do you feel that your weight loss has changed you?
__________________




WDW 12/1974, WDW 03/1983, WDW 05/1992 (with DH on HONEYMOON ), WDW 01/2002 (first family trip to WDW), WDW 01/2004 (2nd family trip), DL and DCA 07/2005 (first family trip to DL!), WDW 06/2007... DD gets to go without us! WDW & Discovery Cove 04/2008 (First stay at Pop ), WDW 01/10 DD goes without us AGAIN! , WDW 05/10 Mother/Son trip WDW 05/11 Mother/Daughter trip !! WDW 05/13 Mother/Daughter trip #2 celebrating GRADUATION!
pjlla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2013, 07:58 AM   #115
Flossbolna
DIS Veteran
 
Flossbolna's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Nuremberg, Germany
Posts: 6,766

QOTD:

I don't expect huge changes, but then I don't have that much to lose. I hope that being lighter will help me to be a generally active person.


Good Morning to all of you! I am sooo tired today. It wasn't that bad this morning, but right now I just could fall asleep. Maybe I need to go find some coffee...

I have now finished exactly 15 days of the 30 DS, so I am at the halfway point. At the moment I am a little bit frustrated with it as I seem to find the exercises harder and harder every day. But I also realise that this is due to the fact that I am doing them in better form, so I guess that's why they are more challenging. But I am glad that I have already half of level 2 behind me and can look forward to trying new things soon! I am not frustrated with the results I am seeing, so that is something else that keeps me motivated!
__________________
Disneyland 1992, 2005 Disneyland Paris 1995, 1997, 2003, 2007, 2011, 2x2012, 2014 Walt Disney World 2004 POR, 2007 AKL, 2008 AKL, 2009 Poly, 2010 AKL, 2011 BWV, May 2013 AKV Jambo Disney Cruise Line 2013 Wonder, 2014 Wonder
Trip Reports: 2013 TR DCL and WDW 2011 TR 2010 TR 2010 PTR Dining Reviews: 2009 2008 2007
New Trip Report: If You See It: Eat It! – Via Panama to Disneyland

Flossbolna is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2013, 08:09 AM   #116
PlutoBaby
Treat stress like a dog;pee on it and walk away.
 
PlutoBaby's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: South Florida
Posts: 984

Red face

Quote:
Originally Posted by pjlla View Post
Happy Tuesday all!


QOTD for Tuesday, March 5, 2013:

Do you believe that changing your OUTSIDE will change your INSIDE? Physically? Mentally? In what ways? If not, why not?

If you are at or near your goal weight, do you feel that your weight loss has changed you?
Yes, yes and yes! Physically-is obvious in how my clothes fit; Mentally-I have so much more stamina than I used to and no longer fear taking on bigger physical challenges than I used to, i.e., longer distances, longer times, different activities, etc. Changes-I feel more confident than I used to both in dealing with others and how I feel. I no longer cover up all the time with longer shirts and looser fitting pants. Now if I want to tuck my shirt in to leaner fitting pants, so be it!
__________________
www.blackdogrunsdisney.com

She is your friend, your partner, your defender, your dog. You are her life, her love, her leader. She will be yours, faithful and true, to the last beat of her heart. You owe it to her to be worthy of such devotion.
PlutoBaby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2013, 08:15 AM   #117
pjlla
<><
Only took one try and voila
Likes to be barefoot at every possible occasion
 
pjlla's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: South Central NH
Posts: 9,798

Quote:
Originally Posted by PlutoBaby View Post
Hmmmm, that's a toughie. I think (depending on a sudden onset of knee pain in the allegedly GOOD knee), that I will try to maintain the 3 days a week of getting up at oh-dark-thirty and jumping on the elliptical along with the usual weekly workouts . And showing a little more restraint on date night - that wine and cheese just sneaks up on me! AND on that weekend meal out with the DH, I really need to behave a little better with the food choices, i.e., skip the 2nd margarita (even if it's a skinny!), skip the nacho chips, try to find lower sodium foods at PF Chang's (yeah, right!) and not giving in to the night time snack fest of chocolate and/or popcorn. When DH pulls out the popcorn, I'm pulling out the celery and carrots!

Oh no! Take care of your good knee!

Will you truly be satisfied with celery and carrots when DH is eating popcorn? If not, find a more satisfying snack so you don't end up feeling deprived! If you are satisfied, then great!

Quote:
Originally Posted by princessbride6205 View Post
I'm in for March! I don't think I weighed myself a single time in February. I had knee surgery January 30th, so I was initially very limited in my activities. I could do the bike and basic strength training, but after a year of race training, I gave myself a break. I'm jumping back in now - hoping to lose 2-3 pounds. (I need to weigh myself to decide.)

Hope your knee is a-okay now!

I would grab a greek yogurt and a piece of fruit. Maybe a small bag of carbs, like crackers.

A nice warm/hot shower.
Yoga.
Reading.
Taking things one at a time when I'm overwhelmed.

Me too! I concentrate on getting ONE THING done and hopefully done well!


More and less. We tend to go out for at least one meal and I'll have a bigger breakfast than weekdays. But I usually get in longer workouts and more produce.

I am going to achieve my goal of averaging 30 minutes of exercise per day. I am going to religiously do my knee PT exercises. I am going to participate in this thread and weigh myself to keep accountable. I am going to eat more produce. If I'm not successful in losing the first half of the month, I will start calorie counting again.
Stay faithful to your knee care!

Quote:
Originally Posted by nocomment711 View Post
Time to catch up. I had a lazy weekend (which mean little food and minimum exercise (I'm talking less than 2000 steps for the day).

Catching up on qotds:

1) de-stress

I roleplay quite a bit when I'm not too busy. It lets me escape into a different world and write freely without a set structure. I also like naps.

2) weekend question...

I am bad on the weekends. I don't mean I gorge, I just eat less food and less healthy food. I have no schedule. I sleep until I wake up (usually skipping breakfast). I do find myself working out for at least 30 minutes both days, but it always feels like I need to do more. I need a better social life.

3) plans for march...

I have an exercise routine down. Zumba on Monday, Friday an Saturday. Nia on Tuesday, Thursday and Friday. Then Wednesday is a 40 minute workout in the work gym, then at least 30 minutes Saturday and Sunday.

I get an hour and a half for lunch three days a week as long as I'm using it to work out. I plan on taking advantage of that. Im also not going to take a week long break while on vacation because I have no vacation scheduled.

Still hoping to drop another 17+ pounds before Disneyland in early June.

Anyways, I had my first Zumba class today and loved it. I am a little awkward turtle in the class, but it is very laid back (like everything else in Santa Fe). I'll eventually learn the steps and be less awkward on the dance floor. We'll see.
Sounds like you do great with having an exercise plan! I'm envious ! I was very awkward in Zumba as well...but it is great fun!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rose&Mike View Post
Pamela--I emailed you the master spreadsheet a couple of days ago. Let me know if you did not get it and I can resend it.
Got it, but our computer crashed 3times yesterday and we are discovering that any/all emails we have sent since last Wednesday haven't actually gone! Thankfully DD was smart enough to double check on a few scholarship applications and resent them from her school email to be on the safe side!

Thanks for sending it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jillbur View Post
Hmmm...my best March ever? I love trying new recipes so I know I'll be trying at least one a week. Gotta love Pinterest I also recommitted last week to tracking my WW points, so I plan to continue that. And, I restarted my Jeff Galloway 5k app and hopefully will find a 5k to sign up for.

Off to a great fresh start for March! Feel free to share any great recipes!
----------------------------------------------------

This is just a quick check in. I started getting a horrible headache around my last class today & the kids were horrible today. Mouthy & rude teenage boys. Grrrrrr.

So, I went straight to the gym & did a warm up, 3 mile run/walk, and cool down. My 3 miles was about 4-5 minutes slower than usual, but I rarely run on a treadmill & I can't seem to run as fast as outside. So, for not having run in about 4 months, I was very pleased.

Then I came home & ate dinner. But, I cannot shake this headache. So I grabbed a coffee from BK and drooled at the picture of their new donuts. I haven't had a donut FOREVER!! Now I'm waiting for DS at drum lessons. I'm definitely going to bed early tonight.

Well, now that I'm going on & on about myself
Hope all is well with everyone

Jill
Good job on not letting the headache derail your exercise! I had a day like that last week and while the exercise did not alleviate the headache, I didn't regret the exercise!

Hope you feel bright and better today!

Quote:
Originally Posted by camnhan View Post
Hey gang

Sorry I have been MIA ..... Really have been struggling this past month with my arm. Bone has healed well however I have excessive swelling to hand and fingers making it hard to regain movement. Wrist is swollen as well and I have minimal movement as well.....doc is at a loss as to what is going on. Spend 6-8 hours a week in therapy with some improvement in my fingers but that is about it. I just want to get back to being capable of taking care of my house, family and myself!!!!!!!

Need to figure out what exercise I can do....not allowed to lift anything heavier than a cup of coffee....

We have 58 days till Disney and I fear I am still not going to have use of my hand . Grrrrrrrrrr

Well I hope everyone has had a great month... Can't wait to catch up with everyone!!
Oh my! Prayers for your hand and arm going out today!

Disney will be just great, no matter where you are at with your arm....but it will definitely be more of a challenge.

Have you thought about trying some alternative therapies like acupuncture, or ?? shoot...that tape that I forgot the name of! Rose...help me out here! Anyhow, it is this special tape that helps with blood flow and such. I know Rose has used it and my DD used it a few summers ago when she was having some shoulder troubles. It looks funny but works wonders. A good PT can show you how to use it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 50sjayne View Post
quotd's

destress:

teen daughter problems of past--treadmill

movies--in the past if I had a 3 movie day it generally meant I was in a pretty bad place

If I'm at work and there's nothing I can really do I just smile--even if I really don't feel like it. It helps.

Just being distracted and busy helps in some situations.

Weekends-- sometimes I get caught up in the internet for too much of the day. I really do good workouts on days I'm off though because I have more time.

This March. Well--I usually have one shamrock shake-- I'll do a copycat recipe this time. My weekend in Portland (St. Patrick's Day) will be a lot of calories but I think I can drink less and have more fun listening to music and enjoying Portland.

I found a copycat Shamrock shake recipe on Pinterest if you are looking for one.

I've been weighing myself every day and I think I can try to do that, even packing the scale for that weekend-- I've done it before. The biggest thing I think I can do though is try to ride my bike to work more. I've not been riding because I am running late and I can man up and stop doing that. Starting tomorrow lol. If it's raining I still won't but no more being late.

Misty's football tummy is becoming a basketball. I think at some point she will simply explode kittens like popcorn! Lol.
The exploding belly comment had me LOL!

Quote:
Originally Posted by araes2102 View Post
Just did 45 mins of strength while watching the biggest loser tonight, not the best workout but I got moving! Gotta say, I am really loving my bodymedia armband, I check it constantly and it really motivates me to move more And I have walked well over 10000 steps every day except one in the almost week I have been wearing it! Also makes me not so afraid to eat my alloted calories because I can see how many I am really burning Well, everyone have a great night and a great day tomorrow!
Glad you are benefitting from the Bodymedia!

****************

Morning all! I'm here at McD's "borrowing" the free wifi, on my way to Bible study (I will be late...oh well). Had an "alternative" breakfast this morning that was very satisfying....a veggie burger ! I was running a bit behind schedule and had one veg burger in the fridge that was precooked, so I tossed it into the microwave, threw it in a low carb wrap with spinach and mustard and was out the door! It wasn't a traditional breakfast, but it hit the spot. I'll have to keep it in mind for the future.

Last night I finally bit the bullet and served straight up tofu to the kids without really disguising it (I put silken tofu in DS's smoothies, so he isn't totally opposed). I made my healthy fried rice, but didn't have a protein ready for it...but I had light firm organic tofu (that I bought for myself) in the fridge. I diced it and gave it a sautée before adding it to the rice. BOTH of the kids ate it without complaint and didn't pick around it! Success! A fully VEGAN meal for the three of us...and DH had salmon and broccoli, so vegetarian night for him. We stuck true to my commitment to Meatless Monday for a change! Now to work on making it a more "local" meal.. That will be easier when the weather improves.

Off to Bible study for now!..........P
__________________




WDW 12/1974, WDW 03/1983, WDW 05/1992 (with DH on HONEYMOON ), WDW 01/2002 (first family trip to WDW), WDW 01/2004 (2nd family trip), DL and DCA 07/2005 (first family trip to DL!), WDW 06/2007... DD gets to go without us! WDW & Discovery Cove 04/2008 (First stay at Pop ), WDW 01/10 DD goes without us AGAIN! , WDW 05/10 Mother/Son trip WDW 05/11 Mother/Daughter trip !! WDW 05/13 Mother/Daughter trip #2 celebrating GRADUATION!
pjlla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2013, 08:25 AM   #118
pjlla
<><
Only took one try and voila
Likes to be barefoot at every possible occasion
 
pjlla's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: South Central NH
Posts: 9,798

Quote:
Originally Posted by pjlla View Post
Happy Tuesday all!


QOTD for Tuesday, March 5, 2013:

Do you believe that changing your OUTSIDE will change your INSIDE? Physically? Mentally? In what ways? If not, why not?

If you are at or near your goal weight, do you feel that your weight loss has changed you?
Well... I changed more than I expected! My DD told me it is a bit like when people find religion....they are excited about it and want to "save" everyone...and I am that way about WW and healthy eating now!

I am more confident, a bit more outgoing (although still shy), and much more interested in HEALTHY eating, as opposed to just eating to lose weight. I am committed to exercising and staying strong (although I still hate exercise every day). I can see more value in myself and want to be sure that my kids see the value in themselves every day...and part of that value is making sure that they realize that they need to eat properly to take care of their health. They need to value their health! ..............P
__________________




WDW 12/1974, WDW 03/1983, WDW 05/1992 (with DH on HONEYMOON ), WDW 01/2002 (first family trip to WDW), WDW 01/2004 (2nd family trip), DL and DCA 07/2005 (first family trip to DL!), WDW 06/2007... DD gets to go without us! WDW & Discovery Cove 04/2008 (First stay at Pop ), WDW 01/10 DD goes without us AGAIN! , WDW 05/10 Mother/Son trip WDW 05/11 Mother/Daughter trip !! WDW 05/13 Mother/Daughter trip #2 celebrating GRADUATION!
pjlla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2013, 09:37 AM   #119
nocomment711
Ces Soirees-La
 
nocomment711's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Allentown, PA
Posts: 335

Quote:
Originally Posted by pjlla

QOTD for Tuesday, March 5, 2013:

Do you believe that changing your OUTSIDE will change your INSIDE? Physically? Mentally? In what ways? If not, why not?

If you are at or near your goal weight, do you feel that your weight loss has changed you?
I think I'll be happier an healthier once I drop the extra weight. I go through bouts of liking and hating my body, and I go through bouts of serious depression sometimes linked to my body image. -shrugs- I wanna be happier, and maybe this will work. Working out does make me feel good, even if I am awkward.

I am nowhere near my goal weight. 2 months in and I'm not even at 10 pounds yet. (Almost there though.). I'm hoping that by cutting out the soda (for the most part) I can get there.
nocomment711 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2013, 11:15 AM   #120
50sjayne
DIS Veteran
 
50sjayne's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Eugene Oregon
Posts: 1,793

Quote:
Originally Posted by pjlla View Post
Happy Tuesday all!


QOTD for Tuesday, March 5, 2013:

Do you believe that changing your OUTSIDE will change your INSIDE? Physically? Mentally? In what ways? If not, why not?

If you are at or near your goal weight, do you feel that your weight loss has changed you?
Losing weight sort of brought back the predator (men) in me that I used to be and it threw me--but I'm at peace with it now. I thought I had her buried but she'll always be there I realize now. I really enjoy being strong and have a lot of physical ability I appreciate.
Having more energy is a reality by product of weight loss.
Weighed myself this morning and I'm down 3 pounds so far this week. I know this is is a lot of water weight due to finally starting my period but it nice anyway!
Pam-- I really like my 2 new supplements--the L-arginine I take 500mg's twice daily and 2 of the cayenne pepper (600mg's) tabs at night--I think it helps counteract the metabolism effects of the prozac I take at night and the alcohol. I've really cut down on the drinking too and made an excellent batch of ceviche at work I've been eating for my night snack.
__________________
It's snowing in Disneyland!
50sjayne is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply



Thread Tools
Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
GET OUR DIS UPDATES DELIVERED BY EMAIL



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:33 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Copyright © 1997-2014, Werner Technologies, LLC. All Rights Reserved.