Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-04-2013, 05:20 PM   #1
Simply Stated
Earning My Ears

Blue Lagoon or Atlantis with 2-year old?

I'm sailing on the 4-night Disney Dream to the Bahamas on 4/28 and trying to decide on Blue Lagoon Beach Day or Atlantis Beach Day & Discover Atlantis. I have a 2-year-old so I want to make sure there's more than just a beach. Atlantis looks like a neat aquarium but Blue Lagoon has dolphins. He isn't old enough to do a Dolphin Encounter, so would he still be able to just see them? I'm open to any other excursion suggestions for Nassau too. Thanks!
Simply Stated is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2013, 06:22 PM   #2
StacyLynn624
Earning My Ears

We did Atlantis with our 3 year old. The aquarium is cool, but its pretty expensive for what you get, and you can't use the pool.
StacyLynn624 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 03-04-2013, 07:19 PM   #3
CanuckTraveller
Mouseketeer

Between those two choices, I would definitely pick Blue Lagoon. We took our then 3 yo to a dolphin encounter, he was scared for quite a bit of it but warmed up eventually. If I were to do it again I'd wait until he was about 5 yrs. You can see the dolphins as you walk to the beach and wait for the ferry back to the ship.
My boys are 8&5 and I still won't take them to Atlantis! I'm waiting until they can do everything
African safari, July, 2016

Past:
DCL Dream/ WDW, March, 2013
NCL Jewel, New Year's Eve, 2012
NCL Star, New Year's, 2012
NCL Sun, New Year's, 2011
Land trips to all Canadian provinces, most of the eastern US, Jamaica, Dominican Republic, Cuba, Spain, Portugal, Italy, Egypt, Columbia, Puerto Rico and a few others I can't remember as a child!
CanuckTraveller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2013, 11:01 PM   #4
bmahokie
Mouseketeer

Atlantis is a bustling metropolis, Blue Lagoon is a deserted island. Pick the one you think your child would enjoy more. I don't know you, but I would suggest a nice, peaceful day of playing in the sand at Blue Lagoon. And having been to both, if you want to at least see dolphins swimming in the water definitely do Blue Lagoon. You won't get close to dolphins at Atlantis unless you've paid for it. At BL you can at least stand on a dock and see them swimming in the water!

Tags
dream, excursion, nassau

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: