Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Universal Studios/Sea World > Universal Orlando Resorts & Hotels
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-03-2013, 08:06 AM   #1
GaRedHead
Earning My Ears

Theres a sale at Orbitz for Disney and Universal hotels

Ok so I have never booked through a 2nd party like Orbitz, Priceline, Travelocity, ect. I did'nt know that there is a possibility that you could save money on Disney and Universal hotels through them. But now I do. Orbitz is having a sale during the Spring season on RPR and PBR. I do not think that the HRH is on it though, but I could be wrong.

The promo code is SPRING20. I just went on to the website and put in one nights stay during this month and I saved 20%. This gives me hope that maybe just maybe I might could find a savings on my one night at RPR in late August.

Do any of you ever book through these companies and save any money. I am willing to pay rack rate at RPR in August, as I am not eligible for any other type of discount but I really don't want to.
GaRedHead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2013, 12:03 PM   #2
bumbershoot
DIS Veteran

Cool promo!

Have you looked at this site? You can see all the onsite hotels at a glance.

I just used that site to check 8/26-8/30 and found a pretty nice rate for RPR, although, since it's a "stay more save more" rate, if your trip is shorter than that it won't be AS nice per night. My point is, though, that even now you don't have to choose solely from rack rates, depending on your exact dates.

DLR '05-'09 found within this link
DLR 7,9,12 2012 Universal Feb '12 DLR Dec '11 and Feb '12

Made weight goal 1yr8m8days after starting...currently working to maintain 85 lb loss thanks to Weight Watchers!
bumbershoot is online now   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 03-03-2013, 02:11 PM   #3
ky07
Proud Redhead
Earning My Globe •o•
Yeah and we all are trying to get together

Quote:
Originally Posted by GaRedHead
Ok so I have never booked through a 2nd party like Orbitz, Priceline, Travelocity, ect. I did'nt know that there is a possibility that you could save money on Disney and Universal hotels through them. But now I do. Orbitz is having a sale during the Spring season on RPR and PBR. I do not think that the HRH is on it though, but I could be wrong.

The promo code is SPRING20. I just went on to the website and put in one nights stay during this month and I saved 20%. This gives me hope that maybe just maybe I might could find a savings on my one night at RPR in late August.

Do any of you ever book through these companies and save any money. I am willing to pay rack rate at RPR in August, as I am not eligible for any other type of discount but I really don't want to.
I have booked thru Expedia and Orbitz and they are legit and I don't know about August but I did book RPR thru orbitz for June and saved about $100 or more
Old 03-04-2013, 06:01 PM   #4
Meihara
Earning My Ears

Thanks so much for this! I was able to save close to $250 for the birthday trip I'm giving my sisters. :D
Meihara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2013, 09:36 PM   #5
arcurioa
Mouseketeer

Just checked my dates for August and Orbitz was $50 more per night than the Loews website. Still waiting for annual pass discounts.
arcurioa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2013, 12:15 PM   #6
ultimate_ed
Mouseketeer

I ran the dates I'm planning in June. The Orbitz deal came about $40 less than the Stay more Save more rate - but, Orbitz wats the full charge up front.
Old 03-05-2013, 03:04 PM   #7
Rench20
Earning My Ears

Hey all, just wanted to update on the orbitz offer. I called to see how long it ran for, and it ends this evening at 11:59 eastern time.
Rench20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2013, 03:48 PM   #8
AJ1983
DIS Veteran

My one night stay was $35 cheaper on Orbitz that what I booked for on the Loews site.

AJ1983 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2013, 08:54 AM   #9
keishashadow
Proud Redhead
When you gotta go, you gotta go ... it's a girl thing
Hmmm, I lust
I TOLD YOU SO!

i booked disney hotel with the spring20 was surprised to see their and U's onsite hotels participating. reservation dates were thru 3rd week in June (or something to that effect, you'd have to check the site)

spring20 was still working yesterday, if not try spring15...orbitz has lots of sales, just google for the current on-going codes for travel later in the year

keishashadow is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: