Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 563 votes, 5.00 average.
Old 03-03-2013, 04:41 PM   #1966
mickey2minnie1
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by TaraPA View Post
That's a tough one. While I'm a HUGE S/D fan, I really do love CSR too. The newly renovated rooms at CSR are gorgeous. So you're looking at CSR being about $329 cheaper overall than S/D. Do you need ME? If so, I'd stick with CSR, airport transportation to S/D will really eat into that $329. The advantage for kids your ages would be the location of S/D. Walking distance to Epcot & DHS, as well as all the Boardwalk activities. I also like the Grotto pool area at S/D better than the mail pool at CSR. Hmmm....I'm not helping, am I??

I never notice a difference in size at all between Swan & Dolphin rooms. I honestly don't notice the difference in bed size either (and I'm used to a king at home). Those darn beds are so scrumptiously amazing you lay down & don't care how big the bed is! I sink in & don't move til morning!

If you have laundry to do then definitely Dolphin. You don't want to be schlepping your dirty (or clean) clothing outside from resort to resort. There is only laundry at Dolphin. The nice thing is that the laundry room is right by Picabu and the pool, so you can throw a load in & hang at one of those places while you wait.

Good luck whatever you choose!
Thanks! I do not need ME. Concerned about double beds though.
June 2010 3 nights at the Poly w/ DH
Oct/Nov 2009 8 nights at the Poly GVCL
Oct/Nov 2007 9 nights at the Poly

Me DH DS 16 DS 13 DD 11 Sebastian 5
Old 03-03-2013, 09:49 PM   #1967
NightAngelX
Would rather be at WDW

Quote:
Originally Posted by SingingMom View Post
The boat to the monorail is doable (we do it at least once a trip ) but it is a long walk from the International Gateway to the front of Epcot, where the monorail is located. It isn't something to do if you have a time constraint, but it is enjoyable. :-). We usually book afternoon tea at the Grand Floridian our first day, so we check into the Dolphin, drop our bags, then take a leisurely trip to the GF via Epcot and the monorail.

All rooms have a mini-fridge. :-)

"SingingMom" ....Sent from my iPad using DISBoards
Thanks SingingMom! I know we should really stay somewhere more economical but I am really falling in love with the idea of being so close to Epcot and DHS and theoretically only having to take the bus to AK and DD.

DH is BELOW GOAL!! I have 6 lbs to go!!!!
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 03-04-2013, 07:48 AM   #1968
SingingMom
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by NightAngelX

Thanks SingingMom! I know we should really stay somewhere more economical but I am really falling in love with the idea of being so close to Epcot and DHS and theoretically only having to take the bus to AK and DD.
Keep checking your rates - even after you book. Swan and Dolphin are really surprisingly reasonable especially when you think of the beautiful resort. Good luck!

"SingingMom" ....Sent from my iPad using DISBoards

08/76 Fort Wilderness, 09/85 off site, 03/87 off site, 10/91 POFQ, 9/96 Dixie Landings, 07/14-21/01 Disney Magic Cruise! 6/22-7/01/06 Dolphin, 6/22-30/07 Dolphin 6/24-7/02/08 Dolphin, 6/23-7/01/2009 Dolphin, FIVE-PEAT 6/2010 Dolphin! 5/14-21/12 ABD City of Knights & Lights, 1/8-16/13 Dolphin, 7/14-7/22/13 Once Upon a Fairytale, 1/2014 Dolphin, 7/2014 POFQ, 8/2014 Disney Aulani
Old 03-04-2013, 07:51 AM   #1969
patty57
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by SingingMom View Post
Keep checking your rates - even after you book.
Absolutely..I've had two AAA rate drops for my May trip since I booked in November.
Old 03-04-2013, 08:19 AM   #1970
lmminghe
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by RachelTori View Post
Go to this link: http://www.swandolphin.com/ On the right side of the page (you may need to scroll down a bit), you will see "Special Offers". Click on that and it will bring up several discounts, including teacher, nurse, military.

Click on the discount you want and it will take you to a page where you can put in your dates and check the rates! I believe teacher and nurse rates are the same......... and AAA rates have also been the same the past year or 2.

No, you can not stack discounts, but for the location and accommodations - the Swan/Dolphin is a true bargain!

You can call their reservation number 888-828-8850 and the CM will check for any discounts available for your travel dates.

I just went to the S&D wesite and clicked on special offers as advised above and they do not list any teacher or nurse discounts. Is there anywhere else I can look online? I like to do some online checking before I call the 888 number. TIA!
Old 03-04-2013, 08:42 AM   #1971
LexiC123
on this, our spaceship earth
makes me want to jab candy canes into my ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by lmminghe View Post
I just went to the S&D wesite and clicked on special offers as advised above and they do not list any teacher or nurse discounts. Is there anywhere else I can look online? I like to do some online checking before I call the 888 number. TIA!
The teacher and nurse discounts are along the right side of the page, but here are the links:

Teacher

Nurse
WDW: 6/72 offsite.....5/93 offsite.....10/94 OKW.....11/95 BC.....10/96 BWV.....10/97 BC.....3/98 CBR.....10/98 WL.....5/99 YC & GF.....8/99 DI (now SSR).....9/99 CR.....3/00 BC.....4/00 YC.....8/00 Poly.....4/01 BC.....7/01 YC.....8/02 BC.....9/09 Dolphin.....9/10 Swan.....10/11 Swan & Dolphin.....4/13 Swan & BC
DL: 3/71 offsite.....6/98 Pacific Hotel (now Paradise Pier).....12/00 Disneyland Hotel
Old 03-04-2013, 11:02 AM   #1972
Yank
Earning My Ears

Introducing SPG Kids Pass!

An all-inclusive dining program for kids and one less thing to worry about for parents. When kids are happy, parents are happy. That’s why we now offer the SPG® Kids Pass. For a flat daily rate of $25, children (ages 12 and younger) of Starwood Preferred Guest® members can enjoy all-inclusive access to a variety of dining options, including children’s menus, buffets (where available) and beverages at Cabana Bar & Beach Club, Todd English’s bluezoo, The Fountain, Picabu buffet, and Fresh Mediterranean Market

Anyone use it? Do you have to buy it for the whole trip or can you pick days?
Old 03-04-2013, 12:58 PM   #1973
RachelTori
AKL Jambo Wildbunch

Sees little green people
Wants to dine with Kansas

Quote:
Originally Posted by lmminghe View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by LexiC123 View Post
The teacher and nurse discounts are along the right side of the page, but here are the links:

Teacher

Nurse
Thanks, Lexi!

Imminghe, the links are on that page, but they are boxes - maybe don't look like something you would click on! But Lexi gave you the direct link so you should be good!

Old 03-04-2013, 01:07 PM   #1974
lovingthemouse
You must believe......and then send cold, hard cash!!! ;)
magic is in the heart of the beholder...

Right now, the SPG lowest standard rate is $60. less than our teacher rate for mid April. It was $219 plus taxes back in Nov., now it is at $159 plus taxes. I always check all the rates on the SPGdotcom site before calling.

Last edited by lovingthemouse; 03-04-2013 at 02:18 PM.
Old 03-04-2013, 01:18 PM   #1975
RachelTori
AKL Jambo Wildbunch

Sees little green people

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovingthemouse View Post
Right now, the lowest standard rate is $60. less than our teacher rate for mid April, at $159 plus taxes. I always check all the rates on the SPGdotcom site before calling.
.....and it never hurts to try the discount sites - expedia, travelocity, etc. In the event they have a discounted rate, the CM at the 888# will match it (they will verify it via the web first). Twice in the past couple years I have gotten awesome rates because I found a sale on one of the discount sites!

Old 03-04-2013, 01:36 PM   #1976
Dan Murphy
We are family.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yank View Post
Introducing SPG Kids Pass!

An all-inclusive dining program for kids and one less thing to worry about for parents. When kids are happy, parents are happy. That’s why we now offer the SPG® Kids Pass. For a flat daily rate of $25, children (ages 12 and younger) of Starwood Preferred Guest® members can enjoy all-inclusive access to a variety of dining options, including children’s menus, buffets (where available) and beverages at Cabana Bar & Beach Club, Todd English’s bluezoo, The Fountain, Picabu buffet, and Fresh Mediterranean Market

Anyone use it? Do you have to buy it for the whole trip or can you pick days?
I don;t know of anyone here using it. You would have to buy all your meals there to make it worthwhile, not a likely happening. And it is whole trip. If on a daily basis, might work.

Why she runs.....

Random acts of kindness, no matter how small, are never really lost. They live forever in the hearts of those who are fortunate enough to be on the receiving end of them----Lady M
dmurphydis@sbcglobal.net

Old 03-04-2013, 01:57 PM   #1977
Yank
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan Murphy View Post
I don;t know of anyone here using it. You would have to buy all your meals there to make it worthwhile, not a likely happening. And it is whole trip. If on a daily basis, might work.
That's what i was wondering about. If you could do it for a couple days of a trip I thought it mite save some money. Use it for breakfast, Go to Epcot for the day and use it again for dinner.
Old 03-04-2013, 06:48 PM   #1978
visual
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovingthemouse View Post
Right now, the SPG lowest standard rate is $60. less than our teacher rate for mid April. It was $219 plus taxes back in Nov., now it is at $159 plus taxes. I always check all the rates on the SPGdotcom site before calling.

Hi. Just out of curiosity - where do you see the $60 SPG rate you cited?

thanks.
Old 03-04-2013, 06:52 PM   #1979
RachelTori
AKL Jambo Wildbunch

Sees little green people

Quote:
Originally Posted by visual View Post
Hi. Just out of curiosity - where do you see the $60 SPG rate you cited?

thanks.
I think it reads "$60 less than our teacher rate".

Old 03-05-2013, 07:02 AM   #1980
lmminghe
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by RachelTori View Post
Thanks, Lexi!

Imminghe, the links are on that page, but they are boxes - maybe don't look like something you would click on! But Lexi gave you the direct link so you should be good!
Thank you! Duh - I didn't even look at the side of the page - I was focused on what they featured in the middle!!
Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: