Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-04-2013, 10:31 AM   #1
bellesister
Mouseketeer

Alaska Cruisers need your opinion on returning flight times

We are sailing the Wonder to Alaska on June 24. I was just informed that our flight time home was changed from 12:45pm To 11:30am. Isn't that cutting it close? Can someone give me a typical disembarktion timeline? Thanks in advance!
Old 03-04-2013, 11:02 AM   #2
nzdisneymom
DIS Veteran

I think 11:30 would be fine BUT I would take my own bags off the ship rather than having DCL do it for you, and I would pre-arrange private transportation to get me there - you could take a chance with getting a cab if you are a small party, but for my family of four with all our stuff, I would've arranged private transportation so I had a car waiting to take us. You need to allow about 1/2 hour from leaving the port parking area to the airport - and once at the airport, you need time to check in, go through security and go through customs (these are separate).

Save yourself some time and fill out all your custom forms before you even get off the ship (we did ours the night before) because if you don't have your form filled out, they won't let you in the customs line. They also have something about you can't get there too early for a flight or they make you wait in a holding area / lounge - I can't remember the window but someone else could probably tell you.

We had a later flight (after noon) but had to do a connectio - which meant we got back to ATL at 3 a.m. after we had a storm delay in Dallas. Blech. If we'd been able to get the 10:30 flight, it would have been direct. But we did air through DCL so that's why they put us that way - in hindsight, we should've checked flight schedules and considered that - we would have stayed over an extra night to have the direct flight - would have been worth it.

Ending the holidays ~ January 3 - 6 ~ Saratoga Springs
Girlfriends Trip ~ February 25 - 27 ~ Grand Floridian
Spring Break ~ March 16 - 23 ~ Animal Kingdom Kidani Villas
Hawaiian Vacation ~ June 9 - 15 ~ Aulani
Blogged our B2B Mediterranean Cruises 2013
nzdisneymom is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 03-04-2013, 11:41 AM   #3
bellesister
Mouseketeer

Thanks! Great info! Provided all the above are done,what time were you off the ship? Who provided your airport transportation?
Old 03-04-2013, 12:04 PM   #4
CruznLexi
DIS Veteran

My mom's flight was changed to 1130 so she will be bringing her bags with self debarkation.
CruznLexi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2013, 02:51 PM   #5
speakupjc
DIS Veteran

Disney stated to me that they do not advise taking any flight before noon. They will accept responsiblity unless you do adhere to their suggestion.
Old 03-04-2013, 06:04 PM   #6
mmmears
DIS Veteran

It's fine. Take your bags off the ship with you, though. We just took a taxi from the port to the airport and were there much earlier than we expected.

* Disneyland * Walt Disney World * Disneyland Paris ** Disney Wonder Bahamas * Disney Wonder Alaska *
*Grand Floridian Resort* Animal Kingdom Lodge * Polynesian Resort * Yacht Club * Beach Club * Disneyland Hotel * Grand Californian Resort *
mmmears is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: