Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Restaurants > Disney Dining Plan
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-04-2013, 01:52 PM   #1096
brymolmom
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by TDC Nala View Post
Of course they can. They could possibly reach the occupancy rate they want using bounce backs and pin codes and discounts that are not free dining, and see no need to include them in a general public offer for free dining. The rumor could be true but we have yet to find out.
Not to mention that FP+ changes between now and 2014 will likely be filling more rooms....Without a need to give Dining Plan for free.

That's my guess anyway.
brymolmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2013, 03:23 PM   #1097
disneyfantotheend
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by brymolmom View Post
Not to mention that FP+ changes between now and 2014 will likely be filling more rooms....Without a need to give Dining Plan for free.

That's my guess anyway.
How exactly is FP+ changes going to fill rooms? I must have missed something?
disneyfantotheend is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 03-04-2013, 03:26 PM   #1098
penjen
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDisney411 View Post
They can't. Let's be realistic here, the only value rooms they can fill to their satisfaction without discounts for that time frame will be the Little Mermaid rooms at AOA. And really the "new" factor is going to wear off of those eventually too. I could even see them going as far as not including preferred rooms at Pop or Movies, but beyond that they will have to offer some deep discounts to fill those thousands of rooms during the height of hurricane season and other slow weeks.
Do you usually go at this time of year? We have been to disney the past 10 years for the last 2 weeks of August. Each year it has been busier and busier. Last year I will say that our last day had to have been the busiest I remember Magic Kingdom. It was so busy I just went back to the hotel. I was completely baffled why it was so busy if it is supposedly the least busy time of the year. That being said, if they do have enough people visiting now during late summer they may not need to give a discount.

DH ME DS6

Last edited by penjen; 03-04-2013 at 03:33 PM.
penjen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2013, 04:21 PM   #1099
sharonabe
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by disneyfantotheend View Post
Rumor is FP+ will only be for people staying onsite, sort of like EMH is only for onsite guests.
sharonabe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2013, 05:17 PM   #1100
TheDisney411
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by TDC Nala

Of course they can. They could possibly reach the occupancy rate they want using bounce backs and pin codes and discounts that are not free dining, and see no need to include them in a general public offer for free dining. The rumor could be true but we have yet to find out.
Pigs could fly too, but let's just wait and see ;-)
TheDisney411 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2013, 05:17 PM   #1101
disneydad1000
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by micknpluto View Post
It's usually offered at the very end of August.
Last year the free dining plan for everyone was announced on march 5 and you had until may 18th to book,and it was from Aug 25th thru Sept 29th..we always take advantage of the bounce back offer while we are there so our free dining last year started on Aug 18th and this year it also starts Aug 18th so I dont know if it will be the same this year or not,I know alot of people are against the free dining plan but for us it works out great..my wife is a teacher so taking vacations in the summer works out perfect for us..

Last edited by disneydad1000; 03-04-2013 at 05:32 PM. Reason: incorrect information
disneydad1000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2013, 05:19 PM   #1102
TheDisney411
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by disneyfantotheend

No, you haven't missed anything, no correlation.
Old 03-04-2013, 05:22 PM   #1103
TheDisney411
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by penjen

Do you usually go at this time of year? We have been to disney the past 10 years for the last 2 weeks of August. Each year it has been busier and busier. Last year I will say that our last day had to have been the busiest I remember Magic Kingdom. It was so busy I just went back to the hotel. I was completely baffled why it was so busy if it is supposedly the least busy time of the year. That being said, if they do have enough people visiting now during late summer they may not need to give a discount.
Why, yes, yes I have. Why do you think the crowd numbers have grown so tremendously during the height of hurricane season over the last 9 years? They started free dining 9 years ago, that's why. If they get rid of August/September free dining those park and resort crowd levels will go back down just as quickly as they went up.

Last edited by TheDisney411; 03-04-2013 at 05:58 PM.
Old 03-04-2013, 05:27 PM   #1104
TheDisney411
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by sharonabe

Rumor is FP+ will only be for people staying onsite, sort of like EMH is only for onsite guests.
All of the Fastpass+ stuff is still a rumor right now, but from what I read and understand,

FP+ will be a perk for on site guests, giving you a chance at a few extra fastpasses and that off site guests should still have access to some form of Fastpasses.

I highly doubt FP+ will be the cause of the death of free dining.

Again, I just guess we wait and see . . .

Last edited by TheDisney411; 03-04-2013 at 05:58 PM.
Old 03-04-2013, 07:39 PM   #1105
2Pirates2Princesses
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDisney411

Why, yes, yes I have. Why do you think the crowd numbers have grown so tremendously during the height of hurricane season over the last 9 years? They started free dining 9 years ago, that's why. If they get rid of August/September free dining those park and resort crowd levels will go back down just as quickly as they went up.

This is the exact reason why we went to WDW the third week of August almost two years ago, because of the free dining offer. Otherwise we wouldn't go that time of year again unless we absolutely had to or get an exceptionally great deal because the August humidity, daily rain, and fearing our flight would be cancelled due to the heavy storms caused by Hurricane Irene rolling through was all a bit too much for us. This year we are going to WDW in May. We know it is going to be hot (we don't mind the heat) but we are going before the start of hurricane season so we hope to experience way less rain and humidity than our late August trip....fingers crossed on that :-)
2Pirates2Princesses is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2013, 10:17 PM   #1106
micknpluto
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by disneydad1000 View Post
Last year the free dining plan for everyone was announced on march 5 and you had until may 18th to book,and it was from Aug 25th thru Sept 29th..we always take advantage of the bounce back offer while we are there so our free dining last year started on Aug 18th and this year it also starts Aug 18th so I dont know if it will be the same this year or not,I know alot of people are against the free dining plan but for us it works out great..my wife is a teacher so taking vacations in the summer works out perfect for us..
yes, I agree. The FD offer comes out usually march-april but travel dates usually start very end of august thru the month of sept.
Old 03-04-2013, 10:42 PM   #1107
DebbieB
DVC Member BWV 99
You have to compare apples to apples

Quote:
Originally Posted by mickey2000 View Post
Look at the November / December 2012 bounce back and you decide !
I'm at BLT right now and the bounceback is 35% off deluxe & villas, 30% off moderates. Remainder of the year, blackout dates apply.
Old 03-05-2013, 12:53 AM   #1108
micknpluto
DIS Veteran

Poop. That doesn't sound promising for free dining.
Old 03-05-2013, 02:01 AM   #1109
wheels on fire
Mouseketeer

Uk wise we don1t get FD at value resorts.and mod its QSDP only

i know you say about filling but often Uk fly out last two weeks of August as cheaper and Us schools gone back to and way things are people are stretched and often book value as feel better than noting and eat cheap or offsite.Maybe Wdw are counting on this to help fill .

This year been ok as uk its released year before but no rumour of a sniff for next years at all and normally out soon
wheels on fire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2013, 10:18 AM   #1110
mickey2000
Pin trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by DebbieB View Post
I'm at BLT right now and the bounceback is 35% off deluxe & villas, 30% off moderates. Remainder of the year, blackout dates apply.
Guess TOO MANY are holding room and dummy dining reservations for Disney to offer FD to the public !

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: