Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Restaurants
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-30-2013, 12:27 PM   #31
Towmater Blue
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by clutter
I know you said you all love to eat, but I generally would not recommend the DxDP to a first time family. Too much time to sit and eat! There is SO much to do there, and you are planning on fairly short days. I think you'll find that if your dd does well in the evenings, you will be doing more of them.

First, for a little princess, I recommend that your first day be in MK. I LOVE AK. But it just doesn't have the wide-eyed magic feel to it. So I'd switch Mon and Tue. (You don't say when you're going, so unless there is a major crowd reason to do it your way, I'd switch. You can probably re-arrange your dining, lol.)

Next, your AK day. I haven't done Tusker House, but instead of heading back to the resort, we have always enjoyed dinner at either Boma or Yak &Yeti, then going to play mini-golf at Winter-Summerland. Your dd is a great age for that. Saana is really good, if you like the flavorings, or if you play around and have extra dining credits, xxx supposed to be top notch. (I'm drawing a blank.)

Epcot looks great. Characters and Le Cellier. Boom. Best! Epcot is a great park for young'uns. Do they still do the kidcot stations in the countries?

Lunch at SciFi is fun. If your dd does ok with shows, try to catch fantasmic. It can be scary (or you can get wet up front), but at the end the princesses all come out. I think my dd tried to wave her arm off when they showed up!

Any day in MK with a little princess is a winner! Personally, you might switch out some of the non-character meals for character ones. Le Cellier is an absolute favorite of both my dd and I. (She went first time at 8 years.) The mashed potatoes are to die for (get them with the mushroom filet instead of the very salty risotto, lol.) However.... with a 4year old, I might sacrifice that dinner (or do a second Epcot day) and go to Askerhaus. Their salmon (if it's still on the menu at dinner) was my all time favorite entree in all of Disney.

Anyway, don't be surprised if your dd finds all kinds of energy to keep going, especially if she has a stroller to hang in on occasion! At that age, I was begging my dd to stop for some CS, as I was starving, but she wanted to go, go, go!
Thank you very much for all the great feedback. I am strongly considering sticking with the DDP and ditching the DxDP. She loves the dinner and a movie type places, so I'm excited about Sci-Fi. I must ban myself from the Food from Disney thread. Looking at all the pictures is making my planning more difficult. Lol!
Towmater Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2013, 12:31 PM   #32
Towmater Blue
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mom2Elliot
Don't forget you can always take taxis to some of the resort restaurants. We did this a few times last week and it was super easy and much better than dealing with multiple buses.
This is the plan. Can you tell me what to expect regarding taxis? How much is a typical taxi fare? Where is the pick up? ..main building?
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-30-2013, 12:34 PM   #33
Towmater Blue
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spunky946
We just got back from 9 days in the world and did the ddxp and it was too much food and too much time in the restaurants. I loved trying all the new restaurants and I loved the extra snack credits, especially when we wanted a drink. I don't think we will do it again because there were times it was tough to get to ADr's. Or leave the park, or not take a break when needed. I'd go with the regular plan and bring breakfast/snack foods.
Yes, this is what I have gathered from all of the gracious feedback. Did you write a review of your trip? I would love to read it.
Old 01-30-2013, 12:46 PM   #34
Towmater Blue
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by autumnpalm

My thoughts are in purple!
Thank you so much for offering such great suggestions. Since the common thread has been the DxDP is too much food, I may be switching to the DDP
Old 01-30-2013, 09:06 PM   #35
AmyandMichael
Mouseketeer

Birthday dinner for a 5yo

oops wrong thread, sorry

Read our family's adoption story at www.thechristopherfamily.blogspot.com
AmyandMichael is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2013, 10:01 PM   #36
jennabcassell
Mouseketeer

Mater and Lighting are also at DHS. It a photo opportunity spot and I think they even blink or talk or something, I can't remember. The ones at AoA are cool but maybe not worth the long bus ride/taxi!! I don't think anyone mentioned Coral Reef at Epcot for seafood! I love it. You are sitting facing a HUGE fish tank and eating dinner. I've even seen a Mickey Diver swim by!! Also Raglans is one of my favorites, get the bread pudding for dessert!!
Crystal Palace and O'Hanas are amazing but a ton of food each. Move them as far apart in the day if you can.

HAve fun!

jennabcassell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2013, 10:18 AM   #37
Towmater Blue
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by jennabcassell
Mater and Lighting are also at DHS. It a photo opportunity spot and I think they even blink or talk or something, I can't remember. The ones at AoA are cool but maybe not worth the long bus ride/taxi!! I don't think anyone mentioned Coral Reef at Epcot for seafood! I love it. You are sitting facing a HUGE fish tank and eating dinner. I've even seen a Mickey Diver swim by!! Also Raglans is one of my favorites, get the bread pudding for dessert!!
Crystal Palace and O'Hanas are amazing but a ton of food each. Move them as far apart in the day if you can.

HAve fun!
Thanks for the Mater information and the RR bread pudding reminder. I have to try this place. I will definitely consider resheduling the Ohana and Crystal Palace meals.
Old 03-04-2013, 02:12 PM   #38
Towmater Blue
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by Towmater Blue
I believe I previously posted this in the wrong thread. Please forgive me if thus is the case. I'm new and still learning the ropes.

Hello! A very excited spring traveling, Disney bound family here. My hubby, DD4 and I are heading to FL for our first family trip to WDW. Although we have a bit of a structured itinerary, I realize that we are traveling with a LO. She will ultimately dictate what we do and don’t do. I am okay with that and I have absolutely no problem with restructuring our day if she needs us to do so. I have been reading and soaking up as much knowledge as I can, but boy is it a lot. I was wondering if you would kindly review our tentative dining schedule and offer feedback. My family enjoys dining, so we chose the DxDP and POR will be our home away from home. We will not have a rental car. As we ge closer to the date this may change. Otherwise, we may take a cab to places that are more challenging to get to.

Here we go:

Sunday-Relax & Explore
Arrive in Orlando ~ Take ME to POR to check in. Go see AOA. DD loves Mater. Head to DTD. Dinner at WPGC.

Monday-AK
Brunch at Tusker House. Stay in park unyil 2 pm. Dinner at Flying Fish, The Wave, or Narcoosees at or around 5 pm. I really want to try Narcoosees for my DH. He loves seafood. I realize we have a little one. However, she is well behaved and even if she isn't, I would promptly leave to keep the peace.

Tuesday-MK
Park opening and lunch at Crystal Palace . Take a break around 2 pm. Dinner at Ohana around 5 pm. Back to MK for WNS.

Wednesday-Free Day or Epcot
Today we’ll gauge how our little one is coping with all the stimulation from the parks and decide to either enjoy our resort for the day or head to Epcot. Tentatively, we have scheduled 10:30 breakfast at Cape May Cafe and 5 pm Le Cellier dinner.

Thursday-HS
Park opening and lunch at Sci-Fi. Leave after 3 pm parade. Dinner at Boatwright’s at 5 pm.

Friday-MK
Park opening. Lunch at CRT. Leave after 3 pm parade.

Saturday- L
Enjoy the resort and DTD. Departure at 7 pm

I look forward to hearing your feedback/advice. TIA!
Removed ADRs for Flying Fish, LeCellier, Boatwrights and Crystal Palace. Added lunch at Earl of a Sandwich or Raglan Road on departure date.

So what do you think about the revised dining plan? Feedback greatly appreciated.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: