Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum > Disney Cruise Meets
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-04-2013, 02:45 PM   #1036
Brixton
From the world's best Eco-Village all the way to the Wonder

We bring small bills for all of the "extras"...bartenders, porters, especially nice dr waiters on sea day lunches, guides, room service waiters, and anyone who goes above & beyond. We also use cash for Palo waiters, but everything else goes on KTTW.

Meghatron's post helps - I thought it'd be more than $672, but hadn't done the math.

WONDERful Land/Sea; WONDERful Pixar 2012; WONDERful WBPC 2013; WONDERful Bahamas 2014; WONDERful EBPC 2014; DL AP's since...forever
Brixton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2013, 02:59 PM   #1037
granmaz
Dis Veteran and Old Geezer

I have just booked our flights back from Long Beach to NY. The only other main item to book is our hotel in Miami for 3 nights and I am on to that now. Then just any transfers we want to book and DL park tickets to organise. Oh and car parking for 5+ weeks down at Southampton cruise terminal.

Those going from the ship to DL, are you taking Disney transport or booking a car transfer? The first PC we booked a car and it worked quite well and second time we did the Disney transfers which were fine, but of course you all pile out of the bus as quick as possible once there and try and rush to check-in to be front of the line!! Both times the lines were fairly long to check in and of course only the lucky ones had rooms ready(not us either time!!!) By the time you have checked in, waited in another line to dispose of your bags, had a restroom stop and freshen up, it was just about lunch time.

granmaz is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 03-05-2013, 05:19 AM   #1038
LindaBabe

DIS Cast Member
Let them try to get me out - heheh

GOOD Morning, Happy Cruisers!

No cruise news here. Thank heavens I got all my planning done BEFORE we decided to move, because all my time is spent packing, organizing, and running to Lowes. The new Carpeting comes today. The painting is almost done. Still need to order a new smooth top stove, clear out the packing materials and stage the house. I'm gonna NEED this cruise!

Happy Day, all!
Old 03-05-2013, 07:52 AM   #1039
cwdefouw
DVC Member since 1999

Quote:
Originally Posted by granmaz View Post
Those going from the ship to DL, are you taking Disney transport or booking a car transfer? The first PC we booked a car and it worked quite well and second time we did the Disney transfers which were fine, but of course you all pile out of the bus as quick as possible once there and try and rush to check-in to be front of the line!! Both times the lines were fairly long to check in and of course only the lucky ones had rooms ready(not us either time!!!) By the time you have checked in, waited in another line to dispose of your bags, had a restroom stop and freshen up, it was just about lunch time.
We are doing the Disney Transfers. Lunch time is about what time we are planning on heading over to Disneyland Park. Trying to plan for anything earlier is probably overly optimistic.

cwdefouw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2013, 01:48 PM   #1040
granmaz

Quote:
Originally Posted by cwdefouw View Post
We are doing the Disney Transfers. Lunch time is about what time we are planning on heading over to Disneyland Park. Trying to plan for anything earlier is probably overly optimistic.

That is true though if you are early dining and get on earlier buses or have an early pick up by car then you might get into the park earlier.

On our first PC we were late dining so therefore a later breakfast time on the final morning. We had a car booked and it was waiting for us, but by the time we arrived at the Grand Californian, some of our friends who had been on early dining so an earlier breakfast and disembarkation were already making their way over to the park!!

Half a day in the park is such a waste of a day's ticket really.

Old 03-05-2013, 03:40 PM   #1041
DVCTigger
DIS Veteran

Does anyone know if you can take the DL transfer if you are NOT staying at DL? We want to go play for the day before out flight out that night. Thinking we may just use the disney transfers, but not sure we can do this.
DVCTigger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2013, 03:47 PM   #1042
sharan56
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by granmaz

That is true though if you are early dining and get on earlier buses or have an early pick up by car then you might get into the park earlier.

On our first PC we were late dining so therefore a later breakfast time on the final morning. We had a car booked and it was waiting for us, but by the time we arrived at the Grand Californian, some of our friends who had been on early dining so an earlier breakfast and disembarkation were already making their way over to the park!!

Half a day in the park is such a waste of a day's ticket really.
We rented a car from Enterprise. They are right there at the pier. Our Gran is a cast member and we have been told that they honor employee entrance at the park even if you work at Disney World. Here's hoping that's true so it won't matter what time we arrive.
sharan56 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2013, 03:58 PM   #1043
granmaz

Oh I hope so, that would be a great perk for you.

Old 03-05-2013, 05:54 PM   #1044
GoinPlaces63
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by DVCTigger View Post
Does anyone know if you can take the DL transfer if you are NOT staying at DL? We want to go play for the day before out flight out that night. Thinking we may just use the disney transfers, but not sure we can do this.
I'd give them a call. I called today (ordering and paying for) one transfer to the airport and the other three transfers to the Grand Californian. $30 per person on all four transfers. We were told to purchase the transfer from the hotel to the airport for the three of us that are staying from Disney Transfer. I've not quite figured that one out yet! Maybe someone can help us both with that!
GoinPlaces63 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2013, 11:27 PM   #1045
Namsupak
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by kmitchel View Post
Silly question, but why do you bring cash for room service when you can charge it? Is it a convenience thing for you or do they prefer getting cash?

We used to bring a bunch of singles, but we stopped once we learned we chould just charge it to the room. I think my son was 9 when he learned how to tip and sign for room service!
A good portion of the time the room service guys don't even ask you to sign a charge slip. It seems to me like they did this more consistently when we first started cruising but the last couple they haven't even had a slip for me to sign. It is really more of a convenience thing for us.

WDW: 1998, March 2002, Dec 2006, Dec 2007, May 2008, Sept 2008, Dec 2009, Sept 2010, Jan 2011, July 2011, Jan 2012, Feb 2012, Aug 2012, Dec 2012
DCL: June 2008, Feb 2009, Dec 2009, Nov 2010, Jan 2011 (MV Dream), WBTA Sept 2011, Dec 2011, NYE Dream 2011-12, Jan 2012, March 2012 MV Fantasy, Dec 2012 Fantasy, May 2013 WBPC, Jan 2014
DLP: Sept 5, 2011
Coming Up: Sept 2014 WBTA
Namsupak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2013, 07:05 AM   #1046
LindaBabe

DIS Cast Member
Let them try to get me out - heheh

d Morning, Happy Cruisers!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Namsupak View Post
A good portion of the time the room service guys don't even ask you to sign a charge slip. It seems to me like they did this more consistently when we first started cruising but the last couple they haven't even had a slip for me to sign. It is really more of a convenience thing for us.

That's been our experience too. An envelope of singles are so much easier for us.
Old 03-06-2013, 12:10 PM   #1047
Mom323
Founding member of FOG

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoinPlaces63 View Post
I'd give them a call. I called today (ordering and paying for) one transfer to the airport and the other three transfers to the Grand Californian. $30 per person on all four transfers. We were told to purchase the transfer from the hotel to the airport for the three of us that are staying from Disney Transfer. I've not quite figured that one out yet! Maybe someone can help us both with that!
According to our TA Disneyland does not have Magical Express like WDW has. she recommended Super Shuttle to get to the airport from the Grand Californian, where we are staying.

On the Disneyland Dis thread others have recommended the Disneyland Resort Express.

http://graylineanaheim.com/shuttles.shtml

coupon http://anaheimoc.org/coupon/disneyla...resort-express

Last edited by Mom323; 03-06-2013 at 12:39 PM. Reason: addded coupon
Mom323 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2013, 01:09 PM   #1048
Diznyfan68
mmmmmm there's peanut butter in my chocolate
Tsk, tsk, tsk. You'd better not be sticking out your tongue at the Tag Fairy!

2 months!
June 2012 Western & July 2013 OKW, July 2011 OKW, Sept 2010 WBTA & Oct 2010 WDW V@WL, Aug 2008 DL PP & EBPC Repo on the Magic!, May 2007 WDW BVP, Dec 2006 WDW AKL/Wonder (Our 1st Cruise!), Apr 2004 WDW POP, Dec 2002 WDW POR, Dec 2001 WDW ASMo, Oct 1999 WDW ASMo, Oct 1992 WDW Offsite (Honeymoon & Our First Trip to the World!)
Diznyfan68 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2013, 02:34 PM   #1049
OKW Lover

Yes, we love Old Key West
Connoisseur of the fine things in life, and has the time to enjoy them (Just ask his wife)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mom323

According to our TA Disneyland does not have Magical Express like WDW has. she recommended Super Shuttle to get to the airport from the Grand Californian, where we are staying.

On the Disneyland Dis thread others have recommended the Disneyland Resort Express.

Which airport and how many people? A taxi to SNA is around $40 plus tip. Might be best for a family of four
Old 03-06-2013, 03:35 PM   #1050
MrsMork
Proud Old Geezer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mom323 View Post

WE used the Disneyland Resort Express last Oct both from airport to DL and back to airport. We will not be using that again. They state that pickup at the airport is on the hour and half hour ending at 10:30 at night. We were waiting before 10 pm and called at 10:40 concerned that we had not seen the bus and that their advertisement is that 10:30 is the last pickup. We were told by dispatch that "they are on their way, it is a big airport and they will be at your stop soon." A bit after 11 pm the bus showed up. So, where was the 10 pm and 10:30 pm bus? Not explaination offered, just we are on our way and will get you there soon! Same on the return trip...on bus on the hour or half hour, but did show up at about 40 min after the hour.

We will be using Super Shuttle from DL to the airport.

Disney Cruise 1999, 2000, 2002, twice in 2003, 10 Day 2004, Dec 2005, Dec 2006, Dec 2007, WB PC May 2008,WBTA 2010,Alaska 2011,Hawaii 2012,WBPC May2013,Jan 2014,Oct 2104,Dec 2014
MrsMork is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: