Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts > Disney Discount Codes and Rates
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts
 
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read


Reply
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread
Old 03-03-2013, 09:18 AM   #316
emilymad
DIS Veteran
 
emilymad's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: PA
Posts: 1,693

Are there any known blackout dates for October? I just saw that Southwest dates release tomorrow and now I am in a panic. We aren't 100% sure we are going but I would like to get stuff booked just in case. We are DVC but this would have to be a cash trip. Hotel rack rates are shocking so here is hoping for a discount.
emilymad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2013, 12:54 PM   #317
ready2vacation
Mouseketeer
 
ready2vacation's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Suburbs of Nashville
Posts: 361

I think I read that the week before the 20th or 21st was a black-out. We had originally planned for that period so we pushed it a week just in case.

Booking our Southwest flights tomorrow and will change as needed based on the discounts. Hoping we don't have to change, though!
ready2vacation is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Join Date: 1997
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 1,000,000
Old 03-03-2013, 03:37 PM   #318
emilymad
DIS Veteran
 
emilymad's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: PA
Posts: 1,693

Thanks! I think we are looking at the week starting the 20th. Hotel prices go down starting the 20th so I am hoping that is a good indicator.
emilymad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2013, 12:32 PM   #319
emilymad
DIS Veteran
 
emilymad's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: PA
Posts: 1,693

I have a question on booking a room now and then waiting for a discount. Now that we have airfare booked I would like to have some room reservation booked. I am thinking of trying to book a room only reservation with hopefully at least a AAA discount. If free dining comes out I know that I can rebook as long as their are rooms available under the discount. What happens if then they release a room only discount and I want to switch from free dining to the room only? It would be ok as long as they have availability under the room only discount?
emilymad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2013, 12:35 PM   #320
preschoolmom
DIS Veteran
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Chicagoland
Posts: 938

Well, I booked my airfare today! We're staying one more night because the flight was a touch cheaper... Hmmm... That probably didn't really save me, since I'll need one more night and food and park tickets
__________________
Planning first trip to Disneyland, Sept. 2014
preschoolmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2013, 02:48 PM   #321
woodkins
DIS Veteran
 
woodkins's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Long Island, NY
Posts: 2,678

It's official...we are heading to the Poly Oct. 23rd! I booked the resort through Magical Vacations travel and was able to get a great rate on CL at the Poly.

This morning checked Southwest and was able to get $92 each way out of Long Island, so I clicked buy & we are all set!
__________________
-Krysta


7/14 BC, 4/14 ASSP, 10/13 POLY, 8/13 WL, 4/13 WORLDS @ASMu, 11/12 Aulani 9/12 AKL, 7/12 BC, 10/11 POLY, 9/10 POLY, 12/09 POP, 9/09 GF, 2/09 POFQ, 12/08 POLY, 5/08 POLY, 12/07 POLY, 5/07 ASSp, 12/07 CB, 9/07 AKL, 12/06 ASMo, 9/06 WL,
woodkins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2013, 07:09 AM   #322
rchampagne
Earning My Ears
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by woodkins View Post
It's official...we are heading to the Poly Oct. 23rd! I booked the resort through Magical Vacations travel and was able to get a great rate on CL at the Poly.
We booked with Magical Vacations for Poly CL for Oct 26th, so I'm curious how you were able to get a check-in of Oct 23rd. I'd actually prefer the previous week, but I thought the only deals they had in late October started on Oct 26th.
Thanks for the info.
rchampagne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2013, 12:59 PM   #323
disneycrazi
watch your head and step as you disembark
 
disneycrazi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Posts: 510

Just got back from the World late last night, had a bounce back in our room for 35% off Deluxe and Deluxe Villas as well as 30% off Moderates. Used it to book for October. Now to wait for free dining and re-price. When its just us 3 the room discount is way better but this time it's the bigger family trip with 6 of us going so not sure which will price out better?
__________________
(2003 Day Trip) (2009 April All Star Movies) (2009 September Port Orleans Riverside) (2010 April Caribbean Beach) (2010 Sept Grand Gathering POFQ) (2011 Jan Contemporary) (2011 April All Star Music) (2011 July POP Century) (2012 January All Star Sports)
(2012 Feb One More Disney Day Coronado Springs)
(2012 Sept Animal Kingdom Jambo) (2013 March Old Key West) (2013 October Art Of Animation, Polynesian)
(2014 April off site Fountains Resort)
disneycrazi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2013, 01:11 PM   #324
keishashadow
Proud Redhead
When you gotta go, you gotta go ... it's a girl thing
Hmmm, I lust
I TOLD YOU SO!
 
keishashadow's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: Pittsburgh
Posts: 19,997

Quote:
Originally Posted by disneycrazi View Post
Just got back from the World late last night, had a bounce back in our room for 35% off Deluxe and Deluxe Villas as well as 30% off Moderates. Used it to book for October. Now to wait for free dining and re-price. When its just us 3 the room discount is way better but this time it's the bigger family trip with 6 of us going so not sure which will price out better?
Do you recall what moderates and Deluxes were included?

we have DVC booked for October but would bite on FDP (and bank my points) as long as we could still hold the tix for future usage...missed it by one day last year.

AP offers not out for our june trip yet!

disney seems to be dragging their heels releasing codes based upon prior years
__________________
Will trade 'nanners taken in trade by the Tag Fairy for your tag for tags!

keishashadow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2013, 02:18 PM   #325
networktek
it all started with a mouse
 
networktek's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Posts: 859

were in for Oct 24-30 hope my week is not blacked out
__________________




networktek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2013, 02:43 PM   #326
sjs314
"Laughter is timeless, imagination has no age, and dreams are forever" Walt Disney
 
sjs314's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Connecticut
Posts: 10,045

Quote:
Originally Posted by emilymad View Post
Thanks! I think we are looking at the week starting the 20th. Hotel prices go down starting the 20th so I am hoping that is a good indicator.
The RO BB dates for 2013 are Oct20- Nov 2 and FD in2012 were 10/19-11/01

So I am looking at going during theses dates too in hopes of some kind od discount
__________________
'89 & '90- Travelodge-Hotel Plaza Blvd,'92 & '93- POFQ,'94-YC,'95 & '96-WL,'97-CSR,'06-AKL,'07-Disneyland Hotel,'09-OKW,F&G '12-BWI,MVMCP '12-BWI,F&W '13-AKL

Shawn 1/9/70-2/13/12
Jason 8/21/79-7/15/09
Sheila
sjs314 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2013, 02:48 PM   #327
smitch425
DIS Veteran
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Dayton, OH
Posts: 11,718

Quote:
Originally Posted by sjs314 View Post
The RO BB dates for 2013 are Oct20- Nov 2 and FD in2012 were 10/19-11/01

So I am looking at going during theses dates too in hopes of some kind od discount
We are hoping to go Oct 18-27 this year. I hope free dining is offered during that time again. Last year the 19th was a Friday, so hoping that Friday the 18th will be covered this year. If they even offer it, that is.
smitch425 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2013, 05:05 PM   #328
Tltorrez
DIS Veteran
 
Tltorrez's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Silver Spring, MD
Posts: 2,955

Quote:
Originally Posted by emilymad View Post
I have a question on booking a room now and then waiting for a discount. Now that we have airfare booked I would like to have some room reservation booked. I am thinking of trying to book a room only reservation with hopefully at least a AAA discount. If free dining comes out I know that I can rebook as long as their are rooms available under the discount. What happens if then they release a room only discount and I want to switch from free dining to the room only? It would be ok as long as they have availability under the room only discount?
If you have a package and then a room only discount comes out, I'm pretty sure you have to cancel the package and book the room only as a new reservation. Assuming you're not inside of your package cancellation date. And, of course, assuming availability. Do you have a particular resort/room in mind? Because it's that availability that's killer. There were some great deals the past couple years, if you're flexible on where you stay.
Tltorrez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2013, 05:12 PM   #329
smitch425
DIS Veteran
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Dayton, OH
Posts: 11,718

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tltorrez View Post
If you have a package and then a room only discount comes out, I'm pretty sure you have to cancel the package and book the room only as a new reservation. Assuming you're not inside of your package cancellation date. And, of course, assuming availability. Do you have a particular resort/room in mind? Because it's that availability that's killer. There were some great deals the past couple years, if you're flexible on where you stay.
A room only offer can be applied to an existing package. The discount would only be applicable to the room portion. If you wanted to to drop the tickets to go strictly to a room only stay, then it would have to be cancelled and booked accordingly.
smitch425 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2013, 05:53 PM   #330
disneycrazi
watch your head and step as you disembark
 
disneycrazi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Posts: 510

The bounce back did not list all the mods and deluxe resorts you just had to call for quotes, our first choice was SS Treehouses, those were all sold for that discount but then tried AK got 2 rooms at 35% off. Our dates are Oct 20 thru Oct 25. We will wait and book our first 2 nights Oct 18 and 19 at AOA later when hopefully more discounts are added. This is the first year we will actually be able to go during my sons fall break. I am in retail management and until this year my company began holiday PTO blackout October 1st (strange, I know). But they changed it so now blackout begins Nov 1st. This works great for us, we get food and wine, mnsshp, cooler weather, lower crowds and a needed break before holiday madness begins! Seems like Disney is holding back a bit this year with discount releases????
__________________
(2003 Day Trip) (2009 April All Star Movies) (2009 September Port Orleans Riverside) (2010 April Caribbean Beach) (2010 Sept Grand Gathering POFQ) (2011 Jan Contemporary) (2011 April All Star Music) (2011 July POP Century) (2012 January All Star Sports)
(2012 Feb One More Disney Day Coronado Springs)
(2012 Sept Animal Kingdom Jambo) (2013 March Old Key West) (2013 October Art Of Animation, Polynesian)
(2014 April off site Fountains Resort)
disneycrazi is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply



Thread Tools
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
GET OUR DIS UPDATES DELIVERED BY EMAIL



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:53 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Copyright © 1997-2014, Werner Technologies, LLC. All Rights Reserved.

You Rated this Thread: