Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-04-2013, 10:07 AM   #376
AGPrincess
Princess at heart

A Landscape of Flavors

I am definitely a fan of Art of Animation’s food court. It is so bright and cheerful and just DISNEY everywhere.

The oversized coral painted on the big windows is such a fabulous touch. Wouldn’t it be fun to do something like that in your own house? I mean, maybe you’d get tired of it, but you could put up big window clings or cut-outs for an ocean-themed party.

I liked the lamps too. There was one for each movie. I think this one was Ariel’s - see all her trinkets and treasures?

One of several ordering/serving stations.

Bright but blurry! Obviously I was in a hurry to get to the food!

Colorful gelato! It looked lovely, but I decided to save myself for the cupcakes.

These mini cupcakes, that is!! They were chocolate, vanilla, red velvet, and carrot – very tasty and very cute!

Another time I want to try the mini cheesecakes – how cute are they? What is it about desserts in miniature that is just so delectably adorable??

Real silverware. Feels so swanky for a value resort. Excuse me, “value plus,” as the CM’s there will be quick to remind you. (And I bet you'r wondering what that delicious cheesy crust is...don't worry...we'll get to it in a minute!)

Athos decided to try something exotic. This was tandoori Portuguese sausage, I believe. Athos is a sausage connoisseur. All the side dishes that came with it were good but VERY spicy, even the squash and spinach!

The mozzarella, tomato, and pesto sandwich Mom and I split. It was delish!

This was Dad’s sandwich (sorry it’s so blurry!), a buffalo-style turkey sandwich. Also tasty if I recall.

Doesn’t this look seriously amazing? It was pesto cheesy bread, and it was so worth the calories. I'm tempted to recreate it at home one day...I bet it wouldn't be too hard!

After dinner we went swimming in the Big Blue Pool. They had music playing, and it was fun to swim under the giant jellyfish! They were setting up the movie, but we were all tired, so we headed back to the room.

Admiring the Finding Nemo furniture.

And art!

The little "closet" area.

No Disney evening is complete without a little Disney tv - whether it be watching an episode of Good Luck Charlie for the thousandth time or getting in a little Stacey time!

The couch, once it had been folded out into a bed.

Then the table area also folded down into another bed...

How cute are Nemo and Marlin? Dart and I claimed this bed. We wrote for a bit in our Disney diaries (I started keeping a diary of Disney trips when I was eight, and I've been trying to convince Dart to do the same!), then it was sweet dreams!
Old 03-04-2013, 11:46 AM   #377
jennyjinx3
DIS Veteran

Nice pics!! Those rooms look so cute! Added to bucket list!
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 03-04-2013, 12:13 PM   #378
disneyhockeymad
˚o˚ ˚o˚ Sharing a Little Bit of Disney Happiness! ˚o˚ ˚o˚
Adores Toffee Crisps

Aaaaah that food, so much goodness! I fell seriously in love with the food court when we visited, annoyingly though we went just after we'd eaten so I only got to sample the ice cream, but that was amazing the pesto cheesy bread looks absolutely incredible! I am drooling just looking at it! Mmmm. How was the music they played underneath in the pool? I've always wondered if it's really clear or not!

Lauraclaireh on twitter

Well you said you wanted to do things differently! A Sept 2012 TR
Just one last time... please? A Sept 2012 PTR
It's Alright I'm Still Alive! July 2008 TR

WDW offsite 2001 (April), DLRP Hotel Cheyenne 2001 (June), DLRP Davy Crockett Ranch 2002 (August), DLRP offsite 2003 (August), WDW offsite 2004 (April), DLRP offsite 2005 (August), DLRP Sequioa Lodge 2005 (December), DLRP School Day Trip 2006 (May), DLRP Sequioa Lodge 2006 (December), WDW offsite 2008 (July), DLRP Sequioa Lodge 2009 (December) WDW offsite 2012 (September) WDW Kidani Village 2013 - our first DVC trip (December)
Old 03-04-2013, 01:56 PM   #379
Curiouser&curiouser!
DIS Veteran

LOVING the Art of Animation resort! I doubt we will be able to say there ourselves for a while, but it is just so wonderful!
Old 03-04-2013, 05:30 PM   #380
marDgreen88
DIS Veteran

Art of Animation looks practically perfect! Can't wait to see it in person on my next trip!

That gelato looks SO GOOD. Wow.

Completed Trip Reports:
December 2011 * July/August 2012 * May/June 2013
Old 03-04-2013, 06:21 PM   #381
Stringbean&Wingnut
DIS Veteran

That gelato looks SO good!!! Actually all of the food there does too (but especially the gelato! )
Old 03-05-2013, 09:44 AM   #382
DisneyGuy758
Let's go Murphys!

Seeing your beautiful pictures of the resort makes me even more excited for our trip in August...though we will be staying in the Cars Suites. DS6 is a big Cars fan...

I can't wait to go in the Nemo pool, and play on the Nemo playground...I mean...I can't wait for my boys to play on the playground and I sit like a grown adult and watch...dutifully.

Me DW DS 14 DS DS 2

The DisneyGuy Clan Hits the world...8/10-8/16

My non-Disney related hobby.
Old 03-06-2013, 02:03 PM   #383
AGPrincess
Princess at heart

Quote:
Originally Posted by jennyjinx3 View Post
Nice pics!! Those rooms look so cute! Added to bucket list!
Thanks! They are super fun -- I can't wait to go back and try staying in one of the other sections, I'll be they're amazing too!

Quote:
Originally Posted by disneyhockeymad View Post
Aaaaah that food, so much goodness! I fell seriously in love with the food court when we visited, annoyingly though we went just after we'd eaten so I only got to sample the ice cream, but that was amazing the pesto cheesy bread looks absolutely incredible! I am drooling just looking at it! Mmmm. How was the music they played underneath in the pool? I've always wondered if it's really clear or not!
Awww, that's a bummer. I want to try the gelato next time, looked delish. The pesto cheesy bread was super good! It's fairly clear, although you have to be near the speaker to hear it well. Otherwise it sounds kinda soft and muffled!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Curiouser&curiouser! View Post
LOVING the Art of Animation resort! I doubt we will be able to say there ourselves for a while, but it is just so wonderful!
Thanks! You'll have to make sure you stop by to stroll around - just the pools and grounds are so packed with details and neat things to notice!
Old 03-09-2013, 10:49 AM   #384
alagen
Wishing I was at WDW or Paris!

Hi Emma! All the food pics look amazing! On your blog you mention that you're traveling to Paris, my favorite city in the world. I'm also visiting Paris at the end of April for a conference (because my paper was accepted!) but I definitely will be finding time to see all my favorite places. I just followed you on twitter so I can live vicariously through you One of my favorite museums in Paris is the Musee de l'orangerie, especially if you're a fan of Monet. If you're heading to London too, you should definitely visit Fortnum & Mason for all things fancy and tea-related. My school is about 2 hours from London but sadly, I don't visit there as often as I should. There's no sushi in Canterbury so I should make it a priority to eat some in London!
December 2009 - WDW - Grand Floridian Resort & Spa
December 2008 - WDW - Swan
May 2008 - DLP - Offsite
December 2006 - WDW - Offsite
February 2005 - DL - Paradise Pier Hotel
pre-2000 - WDW - Offsite
Old 03-15-2013, 08:30 PM   #385
RachelNinja
Sometimes I'd rather live in VMK than in real life!

I love that there are so many great options at Landscape of Flavors! My DH and I shared the Surf & Surf burger and loved it! If it weren't so cold, I think we would've walked over from Pop more often to get some food.

Weird and Ninja Shout Out to You (Jan '15 TR in progress) // Mr. and Mrs. Weak Sauce Go the Distance (May '12 Disneymoon TR) // Delicious Indeed! (Feb '11 TR) // Saving Dole Whip Float Money (Feb '11 PTR) // Weird and Ninja’s Pre-Disneymoon (April '10 TR) // It's Better Than Stuffed Mezzaluna with Sausage! (April '10 PTR) // A DISer's Trip of Firsts! (Feb '08 TR) // The Flat Adventures of Weird and Ninja! (Living the Life Outside of VMK)

BLOG / INSTAGRAM / TWITTER - Msg me here if you want to follow
Old 03-22-2013, 02:30 AM   #386
AGPrincess
Princess at heart

Quote:
Originally Posted by marDgreen88
Art of Animation looks practically perfect! Can't wait to see it in person on my next trip!

That gelato looks SO GOOD. Wow.
I know, next trip I'm defs trying the gelato!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stringbean&Wingnut
That gelato looks SO good!!! Actually all of the food there does too (but especially the gelato! )
It was a great food court! Gelato is totally on my to-try list for next time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisneyGuy758
Seeing your beautiful pictures of the resort makes me even more excited for our trip in August...though we will be staying in the Cars Suites. DS6 is a big Cars fan...

I can't wait to go in the Nemo pool, and play on the Nemo playground...I mean...I can't wait for my boys to play on the playground and I sit like a grown adult and watch...dutifully.
Awww, I'm sure he'll love it! Just walking around the outside area and pool (themed like the cozy cone motel!) of the Cars section was incredible, so I bet the rooms will be too. .

Quote:
Originally Posted by alagen
Hi Emma! All the food pics look amazing! On your blog you mention that you're traveling to Paris, my favorite city in the world. I'm also visiting Paris at the end of April for a conference (because my paper was accepted!) but I definitely will be finding time to see all my favorite places. I just followed you on twitter so I can live vicariously through you One of my favorite museums in Paris is the Musee de l'orangerie, especially if you're a fan of Monet. If you're heading to London too, you should definitely visit Fortnum & Mason for all things fancy and tea-related. My school is about 2 hours from London but sadly, I don't visit there as often as I should. There's no sushi in Canterbury so I should make it a priority to eat some in London!
Yep! I was in Paris a week or so ago; now I'm traveling in England, and I'll be home mid next week! It's been so incredible; I've been doing vlogs, and I can't wait to share more photos on my blog once I get back...maybe I'll put some up here as well!

Quote:
Originally Posted by RachelNinja
I love that there are so many great options at Landscape of Flavors! My DH and I shared the Surf & Surf burger and loved it! If it weren't so cold, I think we would've walked over from Pop more often to get some food.
It is a great new food court, and so many different selections - made it hard to choose! I love how close it is to Pop too!
Old 03-22-2013, 02:44 AM   #387
AGPrincess
Princess at heart

So I really meant to get another update posted bedsore I left for Paris a few weeks ago...but there always seem to be a million little last minute details when you're about to embark on your travels, and the DIS was just one of those things I could not squeeze in!

However, I will be home, back in the States, next week - so the updates will recommence soon. Sorry for the delay!

If you're looking for some reading (or watching!) in the meantime, I've been doing some vlogs on YouTube during my wanderings in France and Engalnd. It's www.youtube.com/bookishprincess - check it out! There are plenty of Disney references. And of course I've been tweeting as well - www.twitter.com/bookishprincess

I have a few more days left in the UK (which will include a DIS meet in London - can't wait to see you Laura!) then it's back to the US of A.

Cheerio for now!
Old 04-01-2013, 08:12 AM   #388
scrapbookersdis
Yes, we are going to Disney World *again*!
It never occurred to me to wonder

Cool!

Love your Europe vlogs and twitter pics -- you made Impressions de France come alive. I had never even known the names of those places. And the patisseries you went to put Epcot's to shame.

Looking forward to more Disney TR-ing!!
Old 04-01-2013, 08:51 AM   #389
AGPrincess
Princess at heart

Quote:
Originally Posted by scrapbookersdis View Post
Love your Europe vlogs and twitter pics -- you made Impressions de France come alive. I had never even known the names of those places. And the patisseries you went to put Epcot's to shame.

Looking forward to more Disney TR-ing!!
Awww, thanks! It was a fantastic trip, and Impressions de France gave us a great list of places to go to! Oh gosh, and those patisseries. Heavenly.
Old 04-01-2013, 08:52 AM   #390
AGPrincess
Princess at heart

The next update is almost ready...more Art of Animation coming up!!

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: