Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 03-04-2013, 11:35 AM   #1
dumbolove
Mouseketeer

POFQ vs. Wilderness Lodge

Hey everyone,

So I posted awhile back debating on moderate resorts. The winner seemed to be the French Quarter. However, after I obsessed over researching I am a little skeptical of the bus system there. Since in shares with the Riverside I just imagine it being a long bus ride and we do not want that. We are finishing up college so staying at a super deluxe is out of our budget, but the Wilderness lodge seems to be in our price range and reasonable for a deluxe. We were going to upgrade our room to a garden view at the FQ so we would have to do standard room at the lodge. But the estimated price is around an extra $600 total for the Lodge.

I wanted to know what everyone thought about the two. We were just there in January and stayed at the All Star Movies. We both said never again. We did not like the bus system and distance from there. I have stayed at the all star a few times, but I was also lucky enough to have stayed at the GF and BC. I love the Epcot area, but I know we can't afford those hotels at this time.

I would love to here everyone's thoughts. We would be going for a week in January 2014 and going during marathon. I am going crazy over selecting the right resort and I would love to book soon. I am guessing marathon weekend books up. Never been over that time.

Thanks for any advice!
dumbolove is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: