Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-03-2013, 11:00 PM   #91
mytripsandraces
DIS Veteran

I forgot to put DU as my travel agent on my rebooking on PCC 4.0. I just tried to transfer the booking and DCL refused twice. After checking my original reservation, I was told that for onboard rebookings, DCL will transfer to the agent of the original booking, but no other agent. DCL's policy is that they will not allow the transfer after 30 days, but they have apparently grandfathered in the original agents for rebookings.
Old 03-03-2013, 11:10 PM   #92
mickey2000
Pin trader

Register to remove

Old 03-03-2013, 11:20 PM   #93
TLSnell1981

Sense isn't very common anymore
I can't wait for T shirts and cover ups

Quote:
Originally Posted by mytripsandraces View Post
I forgot to put DU as my travel agent on my rebooking on PCC 4.0. I just tried to transfer the booking and DCL refused twice. After checking my original reservation, I was told that for onboard rebookings, DCL will transfer to the agent of the original booking, but no other agent. DCL's policy is that they will not allow the transfer after 30 days, but they have apparently grandfathered in the original agents for rebookings.
Do you mean, the TA who booked the cruise (you were on) when you booked a future sailing onboard?
TLSnell1981 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2013, 11:06 AM   #94
mytripsandraces
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by TLSnell1981 View Post
Do you mean, the TA who booked the cruise (you were on) when you booked a future sailing onboard?
Yes, that's exactly right. I couldn't name a new TA, but I could transfer the reservation to the TA who had booked my original cruise.
Old 03-04-2013, 11:12 AM   #95
luv2sleep
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by mytripsandraces

Yes, that's exactly right. I couldn't name a new TA, but I could transfer the reservation to the TA who had booked my original cruise.
I don't think that's a transfer. It's booking the cruise under the TA at the time of the booking. At least that's how I understand it. Just pointing this out because I think the word 'transfer' might be confusing considering the topic of the thread.
Old 03-04-2013, 11:28 AM   #96
mytripsandraces
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by luv2sleep View Post
I don't think that's a transfer. It's booking the cruise under the TA at the time of the booking. At least that's how I understand it. Just pointing this out because I think the word 'transfer' might be confusing considering the topic of the thread.
It was a transfer, because I hadn't named a TA when I booked on board the Fantasy in December. When I transferred it to DU last week, it was considered a transfer to a TA, but it had to be the same TA who had booked the cruise I was onboard when I rebooked. It is a transfer, because I didn't have a TA on my reservation for the first 2 months and then asked them to transfer the reservation to my TA. If I hadn't booked the original cruise with a TA, I would not have been allowed to transfer the rebooked cruise to a TA.

The transfer process involved requesting the transfer on the DU website, getting a form by email, faxing the completed form back to DU and waiting for confirmation (which I received within a couple of days).
Old 03-04-2013, 11:30 AM   #97
luv2sleep
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by mytripsandraces

It was a transfer, because I hadn't named a TA when I booked on board the Fantasy in December. When I transferred it to DU last week, it was considered a transfer to a TA, but it had to be the same TA who had booked the cruise I was onboard when I rebooked. It is a transfer, because I didn't have a TA on my reservation for the first 2 months and then asked them to transfer the reservation to my TA. If I hadn't booked the original cruise with a TA, I would not have been allowed to transfer the rebooked cruise to a TA.

The transfer process involved requesting the transfer on the DU website, getting a form by email, faxing the completed form back to DU and waiting for confirmation (which I received within a couple of days).
Yup that's a transfer. Sorry I had thought you meant you booked it onboard at the time of sailing.
Old 03-04-2013, 11:35 AM   #98
su_A_ve
DIS Veteran

ugh - I have an old res I booked on board for which I did not put a TA - I had used AAA before but wasn't sure moving forward. For a short sailing, DU would give me just $50, whereas if I would move it to AAA during their Disney promos I would get a $100 GC and their $100 shutters credit. Worse case, I would just get the shutters credit.

I heard about this in Feb prior to going on the Wonder, so I did book a new res there, with the hopes on keeping the old one for 2015.

But now I'm screwed with it... Will try when the time comes, but...
'13 (5n Wonder), '13 (POR Xmas), '13 (3n Magic Post Xmas), '14 (CSR SWW)

°(((=((===°°°(((===========================================
su_A_ve is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
screwed

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: