Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-04-2013, 10:26 AM   #1111
jelliott04
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by dznystar View Post
For anyone that's interested, I can do the DCL car vinyl as well. I used to have a side business doing vinyl and embroidery, but have focused on my bakery. I still dabble it once in a while. I'm working on these for a fellow DISer. [/IMG]
May I ask where did you get the DCL logo? I have a tiny machine myself and I'd love to make a few things for Christmas gifts!

Jen
Old 03-04-2013, 11:04 AM   #1112
dznystar
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by jelliott04 View Post
May I ask where did you get the DCL logo? I have a tiny machine myself and I'd love to make a few things for Christmas gifts!

Jen
I do my own digitizing. What kind of machine do you have?
Register to remove

Old 03-04-2013, 02:56 PM   #1113
mercedesx1
Earning My Ears

For our Cruise we're going on in April 2013 I made ribbon key fobs as part of our FE Gift. I just finished making 120 of them last weekend. Made enough so every person in our FE group can have one. They were fun to make & quite easy to put together. Ordered the key fob hardware, nylon webbing & Disney Cruise line Grossgrain ribbon online to make them. I'm making disney character magnets next weekend. I bought chipboard Disney characters from the scrapbooking section of our local craft store & I am attaching them to magnet paper (also bought from local craft store) & then cutting them out. There you have it Disney character magnets.
Here is a link to the pic of the ribbon key fobs I made. Couldn't get the pic to load properly, sorry. I guess I'll get the hang of this one day.
https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?f...type=3&theater

Last edited by mercedesx1; 03-04-2013 at 03:22 PM.
mercedesx1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2013, 06:59 PM   #1114
jelliott04
DIS Veteran

What are the rules for telling people about a website? I don't want to break the rules.

I have a mailing list for crafters where we buy as a group to get wholesale prices on things you'd use to make FE gifts. (ribbon, key fob hardware, bags etc) I won't say the name unless someone says its ok, in the rules. I looked and can't find specific info either way.

Jen

Last edited by jelliott04; 03-04-2013 at 07:14 PM.
jelliott04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2013, 07:25 PM   #1115
mercedesx1
Earning My Ears

Jen,
Can you private message me the website info for the FE gift supplies? That way we're not breaking any rules. That would be great.
Thanks
mercedesx1
Old 03-04-2013, 07:26 PM   #1116
3princessMommy
DIS Veteran

Quote:
What are the rules for telling people about a website? I don't want to break the rules.

I have a mailing list for crafters where we buy as a group to get wholesale prices on things you'd use to make FE gifts. (ribbon, key fob hardware, bags etc) I won't say the name unless someone says its ok, in the rules. I looked and can't find specific info either way.

Jen
The rules (as I understand them) say that if you recommend someone, you are supposed to put the entire website address in the post. If the filters blank it out with asterisks, then that website is banned by the Dis and you cannot post it. If the website is not currently banned, then you are ok.

You may not use vague language or PMs to get around banned websites to recommend a vendor.

DHMe DD13 DD11 DD8 Nala Sasha Patches
1976:WDW OS; 1986:WDW OS; 1993:WDW CR; 2007:DLP NBC; 2008:WDW SOG; DCL Wonder DD; 2009:WDW SOG; DCL Magic Tortola; 2010:DCL Magic Baltic; DCL Magic Xmas; 2011:DCL Wonder Alaska; WDW AK; 2012: WDW BLT & DCL Fantasy Western; 2013: WDW BCV & B2B DCL Dream; 2014: Magic Barcelona to Venice Repo Planned: 2015: Fantasy Eastern; Magic Iceland Cruise
3princessMommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2013, 07:28 PM   #1117
3princessMommy
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by mercedesx1 View Post
Jen,
Can you private message me the website info for the FE gift supplies? That way we're not breaking any rules. That would be great.
Thanks
mercedesx1
If the website is banned in the main forum it will be banned in PMs as well. Those are also monitored by the moderators. If you want to share information with someone that is not permitted by the rules of the Dis, you must use your own e-mail.

DHMe DD13 DD11 DD8 Nala Sasha Patches
1976:WDW OS; 1986:WDW OS; 1993:WDW CR; 2007:DLP NBC; 2008:WDW SOG; DCL Wonder DD; 2009:WDW SOG; DCL Magic Tortola; 2010:DCL Magic Baltic; DCL Magic Xmas; 2011:DCL Wonder Alaska; WDW AK; 2012: WDW BLT & DCL Fantasy Western; 2013: WDW BCV & B2B DCL Dream; 2014: Magic Barcelona to Venice Repo Planned: 2015: Fantasy Eastern; Magic Iceland Cruise
3princessMommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2013, 07:29 PM   #1118
jelliott04
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3princessMommy View Post
The rules (as I understand them) say that if you recommend someone, you are supposed to put the entire website address in the post. If the filters blank it out with asterisks, then that website is banned by the Dis and you cannot post it. If the website is not currently banned, then you are ok.

You may not use vague language or PMs to get around banned websites to recommend a vendor.
I'm one of the people that organizes the "buys" so I wasn't sure how that mattered. I certainly recommend myself. LOL But there are 600 other people on the list that would vouch for the people that do the buys. I'll wait and see what the consensus is.

I've seen people do it before but I just wanted to make double sure before I said anything.

Better safe than sorry.

Jen
Old 03-04-2013, 07:43 PM   #1119
jarudinski
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by jelliott04

Jen
I am not sure of the rules, but am interested in the website. Can you email me the link? My email is julie@thecoyotesden.net

Thanks julie

Disney Wonder Alaska August 10, 2015
Disney Dream Bahamas July 13, 2014
Disney Magic Galvastan Apr 16, 2013
Disney Dream Bahamas Aug 16,2011
Disney Wonder Alaska June 7, 2011
Disney Magic Baltic Cruise 2010
Disney Magic Mexican Riviera 2008
Disney Magic Mediterranean 2007
Disney Magic Eastern Carribbean 2005
Disney Magic Western Carribbean 2004, 2006
jarudinski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2013, 07:50 PM   #1120
tinkerone
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by silmarg View Post
Will do Karen!
We still use your book marks!

I will PM everyone tonight (I better give the ebayer a heads up!)
can you please pm me as well? thanks.
tinkerone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2013, 09:12 PM   #1121
GoinPlaces63
Mouseketeer

Jen,

I'd appreciate the info on the craft items.

Anne
GoinPlaces63 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2013, 06:21 AM   #1122
Woobie
DIS Veteran

Quote:

Jen
I'm not sure how similar or different this is, but I know someone who was flogged for mentioning she made certain items for sale. She was told you are not allowed to solicit sales here. Of course I've seen many do it with no reprocussions, so...
Woobie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2013, 11:54 AM   #1123
jelliott04
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Woobie View Post
I'm not sure how similar or different this is, but I know someone who was flogged for mentioning she made certain items for sale. She was told you are not allowed to solicit sales here. Of course I've seen many do it with no reprocussions, so...
Ok. Well, no one has chimed in with a "no" so here is the info.

It is a mailing list that you can subscribe to. Members need to be approved so just put Disboards in there if it asks you. Once you're approved, feel free to introduce yourself and ask any questions and tell us what you are looking for.

Just send a blank email to:
Subscribe:
Sew-Fun-Buys-subscribe@yahoogroups.com

Or you can go to the yahoo website: http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Sew-Fun-Buys/

We do buys for items but we also talk about crafting as well as help each other when problems come up.
Old 03-05-2013, 11:35 PM   #1124
mncooldad
Earning My Ears

great idea

thanks for the great ideas everyone.
mncooldad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2013, 04:02 PM   #1125
J2bigfoot
Earning My Ears

This is so cute. You said you found it on the Disign thread. Do you have the exact link? Every time I try to print it, it comes out blurry. Thanks
J2bigfoot is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: