Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > The DIS Unplugged Podcast
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-03-2013, 09:32 AM   #1
blossombrd
Mouseketeer

Help me to download Podcast to my Kindle Fire HD

There must be a way to download the DIS Unplugged Podcast onto my new Kindle Fire HD. But I am not tech savvy, and I need step-by-step instructions to do this. I am learning how to do things on my Kindle, slow but sure. I sure would appreciate any help I can get to download the Podcast!

Is it possible to download it and listen to it without being connected to WiFi?

TIA
blossombrd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2013, 10:33 AM   #2
jcb
always emerging from hibernation

Quote:
Originally Posted by blossombrd View Post
There must be a way to download the DIS Unplugged Podcast onto my new Kindle Fire HD. But I am not tech savvy, and I need step-by-step instructions to do this. I am learning how to do things on my Kindle, slow but sure. I sure would appreciate any help I can get to download the Podcast!

Is it possible to download it and listen to it without being connected to WiFi?

TIA
I don't have a Kindle fire (nor do I play one on TV) but downloading the podcasts should be no different than downloading any other mp3 file. I found this help page from Amazon. Look for the section entitled "To download music to your computer using the MP3 Downloader: "

http://www.amazon.com/gp/help/custom...deId=201008230

You will need to go to the podcast page (www.disunplugged.com) and click on the week's podcast link (this last weeks, for example: http://www.disunplugged.com/2013/02/26/dis-unplugged-podcast-022613-orlando-show/" Then, look for the "download mp3" links under "Audio Edition"

Now, for all I know, you can set the Kindle Fire to automatically download the podcasts using some kind of an RSS reader.
Old 03-03-2013, 10:39 AM   #3
PinkBudgie
Expert Disneyland Snowball Maker
I've been wearing my LGMH for several years now

I have a kindle fire hd (which I love) but have never thought to put podcasts on it. I have an old itouch I use for that. So your question interested me enough to look it up a little. I found that people do listen to podcasts on the Fire and many seemed to like the Beyond Pod app. So I found it on Amazon and they have one you can download for a 7 day trail. After that you have to pay about $7 for the unlock key to continue to use it. Reviews said it was easy to use.

I don't know if the Dis Unplugged podcast is available through that, but you could download the free trial and find out. I may give it a try later.

However, I do watch the video podcast on my Fire in my house with my own wi-fi. I just go to the Dis podcast website and watch from there. Sometimes I set it up on the counter and watch while I make dinner.
Old 03-03-2013, 10:45 AM   #4
jcb
always emerging from hibernation

Quote:
Originally Posted by PinkBudgie View Post
I have a kindle fire hd (which I love) but have never thought to put podcasts on it. I have an old itouch I use for that. So your question interested me enough to look it up a little. I found that people do listen to podcasts on the Fire and many seemed to like the Beyond Pod app. So I found it on Amazon and they have one you can download for a 7 day trail. After that you have to pay about $7 for the unlock key to continue to use it. Reviews said it was easy to use.

I don't know if the Dis Unplugged podcast is available through that, but you could download the free trial and find out. I may give it a try later.

However, I do watch the video podcast on my Fire in my house with my own wi-fi. I just go to the Dis podcast website and watch from there. Sometimes I set it up on the counter and watch while I make dinner.
This *should* work. You *should* only need to add the RSS feed from the podcast (click on "RSS feed" at the top of this page).
Old 03-04-2013, 12:12 AM   #5
BriarRosie
Creator of Tag Fairy Haiku:
Clap your hands loudly
Bounce until your rear is sore
Tags shall be granted
Official DIS TF Haiku author!

I tried this on my Kindle Fire. The other people stated accurate info. Here's what I did:

1. I went to the www.disunplugged.com page. I clicked through until I got to the Orlando podcast page. (You can do the same with the Disneyland podcast page, as well.)

2. Using this week's podcast as an example, I had to click the "read more" button until I saw the breakdown of all three audio podcasts. I clicked "download mp3 file". Immediately I noticed the Kindle Fire download update area showed "1" update.

3. If you go to the download update area, you can click on the file there and it will automatically launch. Otherwise, you can click the Music tab and find it there. Mine was located at the very bottom of the Music page. I have no music on this device, so I don't know where it would show up if you had music loaded on your Kindle.

All in all, very easily done.
Old 03-04-2013, 11:21 AM   #6
AndyPok1
Back in MCO!
To answer the other question, getting along is boring
I like tacos

As I say in every single one of these threads. Any Android device... get BeyondPod. Best Podcast manager for it in my opinion. The free version works fine, you just have to download the eps one at a time instead of it being automatic.
AndyPok1 is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: