Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Restaurants
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-03-2013, 06:37 PM   #1
Buzz L. Year
Earning My Ears

Kona Cafe question

we're staying off site. After our afternoon break (MK day) we have a 730pm rez at Kona Cafe and then going Back to MK afterwards. Would it be better to park in the Polyn. parking lot and take the m'rail afterwards to MK, or park in the MK parking lot so its easier to get out after parade and fireworks? Or does it even matter? Thx.
Buzz L. Year is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2013, 06:58 PM   #2
lemondog
My twins fight over who tooted
I always have the itch!

I am pretty sure if you are not a guest at the Poly you are only allowed to park there for 3 hours for a dinner ressie so I would definitely park in the TTC lot and you can actually walk to the Poly from there.

DD1 (13), DD2 (10), DD3 (10) DD4 (2)

I've been pickled! Thanks illuminati!
lemondog is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 03-03-2013, 07:49 PM   #3
chloelovesdisney
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by lemondog View Post
I am pretty sure if you are not a guest at the Poly you are only allowed to park there for 3 hours for a dinner ressie so I would definitely park in the TTC lot and you can actually walk to the Poly from there.
Ditto.

chloelovesdisney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2013, 09:59 AM   #4
CraigInPA
Since June 1974

And, besides, you can easily walk from TTS to the Poly. The distance from the monorail entrance to the grand ceremonial hall is about the same distance from the entrance to the MK to the square in front of Cinderella's castle. If you do it casually, it's 15 minutes at most.

If you're not familiar with how to do it, just walk all the way to the left as you face the monorail entrances. Near the last building, you'll see a sign on your left (as you're now facing) that says something like "To resort" or "To Polynesian". You'll walk to the left (as you're now facing), through an open sun porch kind of thing, and you'll see a sidewalk. Follow the sidewalk about 30 feet, and you'll see the entrance to the Poly's walkways on the right. Follow those paths, keeping as straight as you can. Eventually, you'll end up at the rear of the GCH or the sidewalk underneath the monorail (depending upon your definition of straight). If you end up underneath the monorail, walk down that sidewalk about 150 feet to the entrance of the GCH. Kona is on the second floor. The staircases and elevator are along the back wall of the building.
CraigInPA is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: