Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Restaurants
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-03-2013, 03:03 PM   #1
Mom22girls56
Mouseketeer

Whats good at Akershus?

We ate there for the first time on our last trip in 2010 and the kids loved their food but mine and my husbands meal wasn't so good. In fact, mine was disgusting. I ordered the meatballs and I'm typically not a picky person at all, but I couldn't even eat 1/2 of what was on my plate because it was so gross. I can't remember what my husband ordered but his wasn't as bad. So what's good on the me u?!

Madison (8) Avery (6) Emma (1)

October 2003 Port Orleans
Riverside

January 2010 Pop Century
Mom22girls56 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2013, 03:10 PM   #2
Angeejoe
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mom22girls56 View Post
We ate there for the first time on our last trip in 2010 and the kids loved their food but mine and my husbands meal wasn't so good. In fact, mine was disgusting. I ordered the meatballs and I'm typically not a picky person at all, but I couldn't even eat 1/2 of what was on my plate because it was so gross. I can't remember what my husband ordered but his wasn't as bad. So what's good on the me u?!
Go for breakfast! Get a reservation before Epcot opens & walk around with no crowds! The breakfast includes 1 professional pic with princess & the buffet is a cold buffet with berries & fruit, bagels & pastries, cheeses, salmon & then hot dishes are served family style with bacon, sausage, eggs & cheesy potatoes. dH & I were surprised how much we liked it!
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 03-03-2013, 03:15 PM   #3
Nicoleclaw
Mouseketeer

I agree! Breakfast is great!
Nicoleclaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2013, 03:40 PM   #4
PrincessKida
Annual Passholder, Princess Lover, Wilderness Explorer

I'm going to go against the grain and say I think spending that kind of money (or credits) on Breakfast is a bit of a waste, but my breakfast consists of yogurt and fruit, or a cliff bar on a park day. My boyfriend and I went for Lunch yesterday and we really loved it. I had the salmon cakes, which were basically crab cakes made out of salmon and my boyfriend had those meatballs you described(he really enjoyed them but he said they were "different" ) If you like seafood, I'd go with the salmon cakes and the appetizer buffet thing we really liked (the salmon and herring were delicious from there as well as the quinoa) Hope this helps!

We saw Belle, Snow White, Aurora, Ariel and Alice yesterday by the way but Cinderella is usually in Alice's place- she was just a random thing that day.

Visit My Personal Character Site/Blog: http://wdwcharacteradventures.weebly.com/
PrincessKida is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2013, 03:59 PM   #5
BiancaBernard&Penny
Returning to "Earning My Ears" after all these years

I love the breakfast, too. I ate most of the cheesy potatoes we were served! The buffet usually has some good things- I'm a vegetarian so I avoid the herring, etc but I like some cheese and usually there are tomato and onion slices (not last week, however). I also enjoy yogurt with dried fruit and granola and the specialty cream cheese (I forget what it is) as well as the lingonberry baked goods.

Btw- our circulating characters were Snow White, Cinderella, Ariel, and Fairy Godmother. It was the first time I met FGM, although she turned out to be at 1900 Park Fare in place of the step mother also.

CBR- Sept 1997
CBR- Sept 17-24, 2001
CSR- May 13-20, 2008 ptr- http://disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2166836

Debating on a trip this year with 4 year old "Penny" and a 12 year old, too!
BiancaBernard&Penny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2013, 04:42 PM   #6
charminnie
Mouseketeer

We love to go for breakfast as well. It is wonderful. Character breakfasts always work out well fir my family. We start out the day with full stomachs and in a happy mood, then have the rest of the day to do whatever we like. We dont have to rush to make an ADR.
charminnie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2013, 05:04 PM   #7
tinkerhon
DIS Veteran

We love the dinner buffet, and the mushroom-stuffed pasta !!!
tinkerhon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2013, 05:35 PM   #8
fuzzlekins
Mouseketeer

We had lunch there. The butternut squash soup (which was served with an open-faced chicken sandwich) was excellent. I really could've had just the soup with the salad and rolls and dessert and been perfectly happy. The chicken sandwich was good (not spectacular or anything but certainly not bad) but it was just too much food for me. My daughter got pizza from the kids' menu and didn't like it but I tasted it and thought it was actually the best pizza I'd had at a Disney park to date. (better crust than Pizza Planet etc which all taste the same). Of the dessert trio, the chocolate dessert is definitely best.
1/31-2/9/14
fuzzlekins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2013, 05:36 PM   #9
jmcghee2024
DIS Veteran

Either the Salmon cakes for lunch or the Salmon entree for dinner. Both are great!
jmcghee2024 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2013, 09:01 PM   #10
disneybliss2
DIS Veteran

The mushroom pasta is delicious!!! Wish I could have some now!
disneybliss2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2013, 08:20 AM   #11
showers2flowers
Mouseketeer

I have to admit, I loved those meatballs!

My husband had the open faced sandwich. Although I could have sworn his sandwich was made with beef, all the menus I see list it as a chicken sandwich. In any case, he liked it quite a bit.

We both liked the smoked fishes and such from the cold buffet.
showers2flowers is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: