Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum > Disney Cruise Line Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-02-2013, 06:00 PM   #16
wiigirl
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by blkim View Post
You wont regret the show, its the best way to see it and the quick way to get back to the ship
Agreed!
Old 03-03-2013, 09:57 AM   #17
Dlanod
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by blkim View Post
There is a restroom, right adjacent to the UK area of shops etc, and theres a big wooden gate there. We were taken thru that gate, to a parking area, where the bus was. I think the last bus from EPCOT was 10p? And that was at the front of the park. Thats what I liked about this dessert thing, besides, you know DESSERT and reserved seats. Your own bus, right there
Thanks. On the ship reservation site it says you have to catch the bus at the front of the park. This makes more sense. I have taken the behind the scenes tour at WDW and this is where you come into Epcot to tour. That makes more sense. If one stays that late, and comes on an early bus, this makes it really worth it. I have seen Illuminations, but not without having to stand and having people blocking me. I assume they have a seating area?
Dlanod is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 03-04-2013, 08:43 AM   #18
blkim
Mouseketeer

My son practically lived at the Vibe, his name is George, they probably saw him, I know we hardly did! It was a great trip, huh?
blkim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2013, 08:44 AM   #19
blkim
Mouseketeer

Seats and tables, with little candle light centerpieces etc, very nice! I wasnt sure about the bus thing either, but a CM took us right out to our bus.
Old 03-04-2013, 09:06 AM   #20
Dlanod
Earning My Ears

Thank you SO much, we just signed up for it. One more question, if you don't mind. How do they handle the desserts? Is it a buffet or so they just put a selection on the table? Thanks for your review. Very much looking forward to our cruise!
Old 03-04-2013, 01:19 PM   #21
blkim
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dlanod View Post
Thank you SO much, we just signed up for it. One more question, if you don't mind. How do they handle the desserts? Is it a buffet or so they just put a selection on the table? Thanks for your review. Very much looking forward to our cruise!
It was a buffet, several tables with about eight seats each. They had a sundae bar, with ice cream and toppings and then a table with coffee, tea etc, and about two tables with all the desserts spread out. Little tiramisu in cups, cookies, cake breads etc. Really good.
Old 03-04-2013, 02:27 PM   #22
Dlanod
Earning My Ears

Thanks again for the TR. I have been waiting for one from those who stayed until the end at WDW and it appears you found the easiest way to do it. DH wants to go back early but my adult son and I would like to see it. Thanks for finding the simple way back for us! The tiramisu mention made him very happy.

We have been cruising with him since he was in HS and on one trip, we also had gnocchi for the first time on a cruise. It had a cream gorgonzola sauce and was yummy! I now buy the shelf stable gnocchi from Italy and make the sauce myself. He also likes it with pesto. We have been doing something Disney since he was 3, and we have never grown tired if it. Thanks again! I'm sure you have made our trip even more special.
Old 03-05-2013, 02:47 PM   #23
MJDisFamCruisers
Mouseketeer

Thanks for the TR! We are sailing out of Galveston for the March 29 8-Night cruise with the same itinerary. When you were in Key West, where did you guys dock? You said you had to take a tram to get to Mallory Square...is the tram free or is there a fee? I can't wait for this cruise!

June 26-30, 2000 4-Night Bahamian Cruise Disney Magic
June 26-July 3, 2004 7-Night Eastern Caribbean Cruise Disney Magic
June 24-28, 2007 4-Night Bahamian Cruise Disney Wonder
May 30-June 4, 2010 5-Night Bahamian Cruise Disney Wonder
November 19-26, 2011 7-Night Eastern Caribbean Cruise Disney Magic
March 22-27, 2012 5-Night Bahamian Cruise Disney Dream
July 30-August 6, 2012 7-Night Alaskan Cruise Disney Wonder
December 21-29, 2012 8-Night Western Caribbean Cruise Disney Magic
March 29-April 6, 2013 8-Night Bahamian Cruise Disney Magic
June 15-22, 2013 7-Night Eastern Caribbean Cruise Disney Fantasy
March 28-31, 2014 3-Night Bahamian Cruise Disney Magic
May 24-June 2, 2014 9-Night Alaska Cruise Disney Wonder

September 27-October 4, 2014 7-Night Southern Caribbean Cruise Disney Magic

MJDisFamCruisers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2013, 02:54 PM   #24
Justacruiser
Military Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by MJDisFamCruisers View Post
Thanks for the TR! We are sailing out of Galveston for the March 29 8-Night cruise with the same itinerary. When you were in Key West, where did you guys dock? You said you had to take a tram to get to Mallory Square...is the tram free or is there a fee? I can't wait for this cruise!
We ended up docked at the Navy Base next door to the port. Tram was free. I have a pre-trip report out there if you would like to view.

2014 - 5 Cruises: 2-Dream (B2B), 2-Fantasy, 1-Magic
2013 - 7 Cruises (Grand Slam): 2-Magic, 1-Fantasy, 2-Dream (B2B), 2-Wonder (B2B)
2012 - 4 Cruises: 2-Magic, 1-Fantasy, 1-Dream (non-traditional B2B Fantasy/Dream)
2011 - 4 Cruises: 2-Magic, 2-Dream
2010 - 1 Cruise: Wonder
2009 - 1 Cruise: Wonder
2003 - 1 Cruise: Wonder

Magic-7, Wonder-5, Dream-7, Fantasy-4:
3 Day Cruises = 4, 4 Day Cruise = 7, 7 Day Cruises = 10, 8 Day Cruises = 2, B2B Cruises = 4, Grand Slam (4 ships 1 year) = 1 (so far)

Upcoming Cruises:
(24) 7 Night Fantasy - 10 Hawaii - Disney Wonder 2015
Justacruiser is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: