Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Vacation Club > DVC Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-02-2013, 10:24 AM   #691
englishrose47
DIS Veteran

How cool was that seal !!!! Great shots of him/her !!!I share your sadness in leaving , it was a beautiful resort !! One day, one day!!!!
[/B][/URL]
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3051652Where will Rosie Roam in 2013
[
[http://www.disboards.com/showthread....2#post50321302 Rosie Roamings in 2014
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3212398 Belly Dancing and Bus Mojo The Grannie Trip

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3278536 Let's Meet in the Dump Shop
englishrose47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2013, 07:08 PM   #692
jenseib
Mommy to Claire

What an awesome last day! You did so much and how wonderful to end it with seeing the seal. It has the cutest expressions too.
jenseib is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 03-03-2013, 10:57 AM   #693
2xcited2sleep
DIS Veteran

Wow! What an amazing adventure -- all of it. I haven't posted much (at all?) but I've really enjoyed following along. I really hope to visit Aulani someday... as you said, those points make it pretty easy! Now I just need more of them.

I've watched that show Hawaiian Life and it is very fun to dream about packing up my east coast life and heading out there.

So happy you guys finally saw a seal at the end and how adorable is he/she??? Glad to hear a vet visited and he/she was in good health... just lazing on the beach like the tourists!

I always enjoy your TRs but this one is bookmarked for Hawaii tips that hopefully I will be able to put to good use!

2xcited2sleep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2013, 02:14 AM   #694
rndmr2
DIS Veteran

So sad that your trip is ending! But what a great bonus getting to see that seal!! So neat to see those pics!

8/1985--Days Inn Sand Lake Rd, 8/1987-- Wilson World, 12/1987-- Contemporary, 8/1989-- Caribbean Beach, 12/1989-- Port Orleans (now POFQ), 7/1990-- Caribbean Beach, 6/1991-- Carribbean Beach (Senior Week!), 8/1992-- Port Orleans (Now POFQ), 9/1995--All Star Music, August 1998-- Dixie Landings -Alligator Bayou (now PO Riverside), 7/1999-- All Star Movies, 11/2004-- Pop Century, 5/2010 POR Magnolia Bend, 5/2011 Saratoga Springs Resort
rndmr2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2013, 08:44 AM   #695
podsnel
just skippin' around, amusing myself...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain_Oblivious View Post
I've seen that show in the listings, but haven't actually watched it. I'm pretty sure if I sold my house and put all of the money into one account I could buy a broom closet in Hawaii.

It would be pretty awesome, though. It's fun to dream!
It is fun to dream. The first one I saw was a pro-surfer, his wife, and their 4 kids- buying a house for over 1 million. I smacked Pods and said Why can't you be a better surfer! You had a lesson! Start rakin in the cash already!

Quote:
Originally Posted by rentayenta View Post
Great updates.

The last day is always bittersweet; so grateful to have had a such an amazing vacation but obviously sad to go. But you shouldn't be so sad, you vacation monthly girl if not more.

No complaints here- I just am not very good at saying goodbye- it's a skill I completely lack!

The seal is precious. I love that.

That seal was BEAUTIFUL, and I couldn't believe how lucky we were to see her/him!

Pods salad does look amazing. Your lunch looks HUGE. How much did you leave? It did look incredible and I would have stuffed myself silly for sure.

We did leave some- I wish I had known it was going to be like that, we would have just split it. But it was soooooo soooo yummy! Also very hard to say good bye to! HA!

That cupcake looks pretty damn worth every calorie as well. I love a good cupcake.
I had about 1 bite of that cupcake. And Pods said it was a good thing I didn't get it until the last minute- if I had had one the first day, we would have had one every day- it was THAT good- it had a pineapple filling. YUM. They devoured it- it just kind of was there one second, and eveaporated the next.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lisaviolet View Post
OMG Ellen - what a GREAT SHOT!!! Love it.
I must have been channeling you!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ACDSNY View Post
How cool that Goofy visited you guys in the hot tub! I love the monk seal shots, which direction is that beach, left or right from Aulani?

It was (if you are facing the ocean) to the right, down the little path after the grass at the Marriott.

I still remember this shot I took on our last few minutes.
Nice! Where was that?

Quote:
Originally Posted by anewmac View Post
caught up and yet all i remember is the food.. YUM! LOL so glad you were able to pack it all in right up intill the last moments! I love that they have an area to shower and wait so that if youve already checked out of your room your still able to be active then clean up before your long flight back
That really is a wonderful convenience, that room- especially because most people are not leaving Hawaii early in the day- a night time flight is more common.
podsnel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2013, 08:53 AM   #696
podsnel

Quote:
Originally Posted by englishrose47 View Post
How cool was that seal !!!! Great shots of him/her !!!I share your sadness in leaving , it was a beautiful resort !! One day, one day!!!!
It is sooo worth the trip, Rosie! But you have something just as amazing coming up- the Dream cruise! I am SO excited for you!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jenseib View Post
What an awesome last day! You did so much and how wonderful to end it with seeing the seal. It has the cutest expressions too.
That seal was the best icing on the best cake EVER.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2xcited2sleep View Post
Wow! What an amazing adventure -- all of it. I haven't posted much (at all?) but I've really enjoyed following along. I really hope to visit Aulani someday... as you said, those points make it pretty easy! Now I just need more of them.

Yea-the points make it very hard NOT to go- I love our DVC!

I've watched that show Hawaiian Life and it is very fun to dream about packing up my east coast life and heading out there.

Really! Like we were saying before, it IS so fun to dream....

So happy you guys finally saw a seal at the end and how adorable is he/she??? Glad to hear a vet visited and he/she was in good health... just lazing on the beach like the tourists!

I always enjoy your TRs but this one is bookmarked for Hawaii tips that hopefully I will be able to put to good use!
Thank you! I feel honored to be bookmarked!

Quote:
Originally Posted by rndmr2 View Post
So sad that your trip is ending! But what a great bonus getting to see that seal!! So neat to see those pics!
And so, so neat to see that seal in person!
Old 03-08-2013, 02:33 AM   #697
thebyrdwoman
Earning My Ears

The other day at work there were leftover almond croissants in the cafeteria and I kept thinking about you and your TR!

thebyrdwoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2013, 11:02 PM   #699
franandaj

Sharing adventures and good times
My heart is forever given to Fran

I can't believe I read the end of your TR and didn't comment!

You had a wonderful trip and I was so glad to share in it with you! I can't wait until your next one and to hear all about that and meet you too!
Alison ~~~~ She said it wouldn't be Boring! | Our Disney Dream Home|Sleepy and Grumpy Visit Tatooine |Keep Your Eyes on the Road | I do get to go to WDW this year! | Expo 2013 | ...It's How You Play the Game | We need a little Magic... | TR - Pinch me... | Destination D-75 TR | It'll be a WONDER ... | Cheating on Mickey w/ Harry, PTR | D23 Expo 2011 TR | D23 D40 WDW in Detail | DCA F&W Review | Jan 2010 DR Visits 2015: VGC, VWL, DCL 2014: VGC, CSR, VGF, DCL 2013: VWL, BCV, DCL, AKL, BLT, VGC, 2012: VGC, DCL, 2011: VGC, BLT, OKW 2010: THV, AKV, VGC, 2009: BWV 2008: SSR, 2007: AKL & GF, 2001: AKL, BC & DCL 1997: DXL & WL 1993: GF, DL Too many to count since 1973!

franandaj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2013, 08:30 PM   #700
brookelizabeth
Jambo Wildbunch Gang

Read it all, and tortured myself with every single video. WHAT AN AMAZING VACATION!!!!! I will be bookmarking this baby for notes when it's my turn.

And I'm very excited for you about the baseball tickets, that will be a fun surprise for Timmy! I hope our paths do cross in a couple weeks!
Feb 2014 - Vero Beach ... Sept 2013 - CR/Disney Fantasy...March 2013 - AKL/SSR/POR ... Oct 2012 - OKW ... Sept 2012 - Disney Magic ... June 2012 - Disney Magic ... Jan 2012 - PPH/VGC ... Aug 2011 - Pop/YC/OKW ... May 2011 - ASMo ... Feb/March 2011 - BWV/BLT ... Sept 2010 - BWV ... Dec/Jan 2009/10 - AKV ... Sept 2009 - CSR ... Jan 2009 - SSR ... Nov 2008 - WL ... Oct 2006 - AKL
brookelizabeth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2013, 10:37 AM   #701
podsnel

Quote:
Originally Posted by thebyrdwoman View Post
The other day at work there were leftover almond croissants in the cafeteria and I kept thinking about you and your TR!
That's so funny! I wish you could have made one of them magically appear in front of me- YUM!

Quote:
Originally Posted by eandesmom View Post
Oh that seal! I'd have been running down the beach too. What a wonderful, last magical moment.
It sure was-

Quote:
Originally Posted by franandaj View Post
I can't believe I read the end of your TR and didn't comment!

You had a wonderful trip and I was so glad to share in it with you! I can't wait until your next one and to hear all about that and meet you too!
I can't wait to meet you, too! But I'm not quite done with this one yet- still have another post or 2 to go....

Quote:
Originally Posted by brookelizabeth View Post
Read it all, and tortured myself with every single video. WHAT AN AMAZING VACATION!!!!! I will be bookmarking this baby for notes when it's my turn.

And I'm very excited for you about the baseball tickets, that will be a fun surprise for Timmy! I hope our paths do cross in a couple weeks!
I bet you will have an even BETTER time than we did because Henry will ADORE the Auntie's.

I am going to do my BEST to meet you next week, Brook! Fingers crossed!
Old 03-11-2013, 05:18 PM   #702
CocosMeme
DIS Veteran

I feel like I just relived our November trip to Aulani with you and your pictures. When we got home my DIL asked why we spent so much time at the resort since it was our 1st time in Hawaii, and I said "You would have to see it to understand - the pictures just do not do the resort justice". We did get out to see the rest of the island, but I was so happy just chilllin' at the resort. Can't wait to go back. Points are not our problem (we have 600 per year), but the airline cost!! Wow. DH has to travel Business/First class due to having had leg bypass surgery and we used FF points to do it this time. It will take a while to build them up again. I will go back!!! Our view was similar. We had a 1 bedroom on the 15th floor - spectacular sunsets.
Old 03-13-2013, 10:14 AM   #703
podsnel

Quote:
Originally Posted by CocosMeme View Post
I feel like I just relived our November trip to Aulani with you and your pictures. When we got home my DIL asked why we spent so much time at the resort since it was our 1st time in Hawaii, and I said "You would have to see it to understand - the pictures just do not do the resort justice". We did get out to see the rest of the island, but I was so happy just chilllin' at the resort. Can't wait to go back. Points are not our problem (we have 600 per year), but the airline cost!! Wow. DH has to travel Business/First class due to having had leg bypass surgery and we used FF points to do it this time. It will take a while to build them up again. I will go back!!! Our view was similar. We had a 1 bedroom on the 15th floor - spectacular sunsets.
I'm so glad you enjoyed my pics! I hear ya on the mileage points- it was the only way the four of us could go. And for first class? MEGA cha-ching! We are saving the miles now for either Hawaii or Europe...unless we can't get a decent airfare to Orlando for our NYE cruise- but I'll take 2 planes if it means saving some $$$ for that-

15th Floor must have been EXTRA gorgeous!
Old 03-13-2013, 10:15 AM   #704
podsnel

Just have to say......

SINGLE DIGITS, BABY!!!!!!!!
Old 03-13-2013, 11:38 AM   #705
JKSWonder
Twelve plus trips and counting

Quote:
Originally Posted by podsnel View Post