Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Just for Fun > W.I.S.H
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-03-2013, 07:06 AM   #1801
KIRSTIN'S MOMMY
Creates edible masterpieces
Planning a huge WDW family reunion...I know, I'm insane!!!

I'm down 1 more pound, for a total of 13 lost so far! I go to the gym daily, so I earn AP, but I haven't been using them. Right now I get 26 points per day, do you get less points as you lose, or how does that work?
Old 03-03-2013, 12:07 PM   #1802
bumbershoot
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by KIRSTIN'S MOMMY View Post
I'm down 1 more pound, for a total of 13 lost so far! I go to the gym daily, so I earn AP, but I haven't been using them. Right now I get 26 points per day, do you get less points as you lose, or how does that work?
26 is the lowest you'll go with Points Plus. And while that seems weird, it's OK. I hit the 26 Daily Points mark when I was in the 180s, and now I'm well below that weight range and still losing. (although I eat all Weekly and all Activity points, so I eat way more than 26 per day especially when working out, just to be accurate as to what my personal plan is)

Made weight goal 1yr8m8days after starting...currently maintaining 85 lb loss thanks to Weight Watchers!
bumbershoot is online now   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 03-03-2013, 07:51 PM   #1803
KIRSTIN'S MOMMY
Creates edible masterpieces
Planning a huge WDW family reunion...I know, I'm insane!!!

Thanks!! I'm thinking I will use the AP once I lose more weight, but for now I'm trying not to eat those extra points. I started at 185, and I'm at 172 now, so I'm headed in the right direction! My goal is to get to 150 for now, but my ultimate goal is 140. Can I so that and still eat 26 points a day?
Old 03-03-2013, 10:08 PM   #1804
bumbershoot
DIS Veteran

That's their minimum points, so I'm assuming so. I'm 155.8 now (started at 220.8 )and my goal range is between 113ish and 141, so I assume it'll take me somewhere in there. I'm going to continue eating ALL the points until and unless my body tells me I have to slow it down. But for me, my losses got a bit better (and a LOT more comfortable, stomach-wise and craving-wise) once I started eating APs; I consider it giving my workouts fuel. Works for me. Though right now I'm sick (last week my son was sick), so I haven't worked out in a million years, it seems, and I'm having to deal with "only" Daily and Weekly. Ugh. Last exercise I did was the Castaway Cay 5K on Feb. 9!

Eating Activity points (and Weeklies) is not something everyone chooses to do or can do; I'm not telling you what to do in case it's coming through that way. Just saying what I'm doing.

And congrats on your losses so far! It's awesome!

Oh, and the very rough estimate of calories per point is 40. So if you multiply 40 by 26, you see it's not that many calories overall, and that might help you see how it can take you all the way.

Made weight goal 1yr8m8days after starting...currently maintaining 85 lb loss thanks to Weight Watchers!
bumbershoot is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2013, 07:42 AM   #1805
Jeslynb
Mouseketeer

Dipping a toe in here... I have 100 lbs to lose and have set a goal of running in the Royal Family 5K in February 2014.

Background: I'm a 41 y/o wife and mom of 2 boys. Part-time attorney. We live near the beach in the suburbs of NYC - love my little town!

I can't claim to be a die-hard Disney-er but I *do* adore the parks and we have taken our boys there three times (and they're only 6 and 9). DH is "Disney neutral." He isn't anti, but it's not "his thing." I secretly think he loves it, though. We love staying off-site and having a car, just due to the layout of the parks. For the February trip, though, I am thinking of the Poly if I can get a decent rate/package.

Weight wise, I was at a healthy weight most of my life, give or take 10 pounds. But following children and a prolonged illness of my husband's, I began to emotionally eat and packed on the pounds. DH is fine now, but here I am, morbidly obese. For over 5 years!

I have joined WW a fafillion times (as well as tried low-carb and other plans), but my motivation always petered out. I would get overwhelmed right away and quit. 100 lbs seems impossible.

I decided that in order to motivate myself, I needed a goal beyond just losing weight. I needed to start rewarding myself on a small and grand scale, so the big "prize" for this weight loss is the Family 5K. I certainly plan to run it, but I'll walk it part-way if I have to.

I used to be a runner. Not a marathon runner, but I would do a mile or two in Central Park before work. I loved it, but that was a long time ago. I will be doing the Couch to 5K program once I am about halfway to goal - I can't run at this size. In the meantime, I am doing elliptical and other home workouts.

Sorry for the rambling - just wanted to introduce myself. I will be posting over on the 100+ WW boards as well. Looking forward to getting to know everyone here.

Jes
Jeslynb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2013, 07:45 AM   #1806
Jeslynb
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carlyzmom View Post
I made the baked chicken nuggets from the Skinny taste site tonight and they were SO good!!! My kids loved them! Much healthier than fried!
I make this recipe every week and my kids love it, too. So healthy and delicious.
Old 03-04-2013, 08:21 AM   #1807
keahgirl8
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeslynb
Dipping a toe in here... I have 100 lbs to lose and have set a goal of running in the Royal Family 5K in February 2014.

Background: I'm a 41 y/o wife and mom of 2 boys. Part-time attorney. We live near the beach in the suburbs of NYC - love my little town!

I can't claim to be a die-hard Disney-er but I *do* adore the parks and we have taken our boys there three times (and they're only 6 and 9). DH is "Disney neutral." He isn't anti, but it's not "his thing." I secretly think he loves it, though. We love staying off-site and having a car, just due to the layout of the parks. For the February trip, though, I am thinking of the Poly if I can get a decent rate/package.

Weight wise, I was at a healthy weight most of my life, give or take 10 pounds. But following children and a prolonged illness of my husband's, I began to emotionally eat and packed on the pounds. DH is fine now, but here I am, morbidly obese. For over 5 years!

I have joined WW a fafillion times (as well as tried low-carb and other plans), but my motivation always petered out. I would get overwhelmed right away and quit. 100 lbs seems impossible.

I decided that in order to motivate myself, I needed a goal beyond just losing weight. I needed to start rewarding myself on a small and grand scale, so the big "prize" for this weight loss is the Family 5K. I certainly plan to run it, but I'll walk it part-way if I have to.

I used to be a runner. Not a marathon runner, but I would do a mile or two in Central Park before work. I loved it, but that was a long time ago. I will be doing the Couch to 5K program once I am about halfway to goal - I can't run at this size. In the meantime, I am doing elliptical and other home workouts.

Sorry for the rambling - just wanted to introduce myself. I will be posting over on the 100+ WW boards as well. Looking forward to getting to know everyone here.

Jes
Don't think about the whole amount you have to lose. Focus on one pound at a time, and before you know it, you'll be there! I have done WW 3 times myself, in addition to many stupid, non-healthy diets. I was pretty overwhelmed when I was staring down 116 pounds to lose. Here I am, just over a year later, and I am 6 pounds from goal. If I can do it, you can too. One day at a time, one pound at a time.
keahgirl8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2013, 09:26 AM   #1808
keahgirl8
DIS Veteran

Weigh-in day is here again! I am actually up one pound. I traveled over the weekend, so I may have some water retention. I am also very close to goal, and I am noticing more muscle. Evaluating my food and exercise, I know I have done everything I can. The important thing is...do not get discouraged, and never give up!
Old 03-04-2013, 10:35 AM   #1809
tubachick
DIS Veteran
Official DIS "good thread" popcorn supplier

Hello Everyone!

I am new here on the W.I.S.H. threads, but a long time DISer. I have tried several times to get back to a healthy weight, but it slowly crept back up. I re-joined WW back in December 2012 and I have been back on track.

I am so motivated by reading through this thread!! Thank you ladies and gentlemen!!

I have a goal weight that is way over 150lbs away. Since re-joining WW a few months ago I am happy to say I am 11.8 down!!

I look forward to reading everyone's posts and am looking for motivation to stay on track. My next WDW trip in May. SO EXCITED.

My goal is next year to complete a 5k. I know it doesn't seem like much but I have a little ways to go to walk that in a "reasonable" time frame.

POP 10/12**CR 5/12**POP 2/12**POP 10/11**POP 7/11**POP 3/11**WL 1/11**WL 12/10**POP 10/10**CR 08/10**CSR 07/10** POP 05/10**POP 02/10 ** WL 11/09**WL 08/09**POP 06/09**POP 03/09** ASM 1/09**YC 8/08**ASM 4/08 **ASM 10/07**WL 9/07**DL/PP 4/2007**DCL 3/2007 ** CBR 3/2007**YC 8/2006**CBR 3/2006**CR 8/2005 ** WL (Honeymoon Suite)2/2005**WL(DISNEYMOON Concierge level) 4/2003**ASM 12/2000**ALS 1/2001
LAST! IT'S NOT FOR EVERYONE!
Hail thee Babylonia, the goddess of women and all things fertile, and the landmark of the bathroom
tubachick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2013, 11:31 AM   #1810
Aburns8
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by tubachick View Post
Hello Everyone!

I am new here on the W.I.S.H. threads, but a long time DISer. I have tried several times to get back to a healthy weight, but it slowly crept back up. I re-joined WW back in December 2012 and I have been back on track.

I am so motivated by reading through this thread!! Thank you ladies and gentlemen!!

I have a goal weight that is way over 150lbs away. Since re-joining WW a few months ago I am happy to say I am 11.8 down!!

I look forward to reading everyone's posts and am looking for motivation to stay on track. My next WDW trip in May. SO EXCITED.

My goal is next year to complete a 5k. I know it doesn't seem like much but I have a little ways to go to walk that in a "reasonable" time frame.

Welcome aboard and congratulations on your weight loss! Your goal is totally reasonable to complete a 5k. I am doing an 8k in a couple of weeks. I wanted to run it, but I think to se safer I will walk it. But at least I am completing it!
Old 03-04-2013, 12:59 PM   #1811
Jeslynb
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by keahgirl8 View Post
Don't think about the whole amount you have to lose. Focus on one pound at a time, and before you know it, you'll be there! I have done WW 3 times myself, in addition to many stupid, non-healthy diets. I was pretty overwhelmed when I was staring down 116 pounds to lose. Here I am, just over a year later, and I am 6 pounds from goal. If I can do it, you can too. One day at a time, one pound at a time.
Thank you so much. What a terrific accomplishment for you. What made you make the commitment to WW this time, vs the stupid fad (which has been my downfall)?
Old 03-04-2013, 02:09 PM   #1812
Disneyluvr
DIS Veteran

Hello! I have been lurking for a while and finally decided to come out of hiding.

My name is Donna and I'm a 43 yr old wife, mother of 2 teens, kindergarten teacher and Disney lover, who also happens to be overweight!

I just rejoined WW for the 2nd time last Tues. Actually tomorrow will be our 1st official meeting and I'm really excited to be taking the steps necessary to get healthy!

I'm happy I found this thread to help keep me motivated and hopefully find some friends who are going through the same thins and get some great tips!
Disneyluvr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2013, 02:10 PM   #1813
keahgirl8
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeslynb

Thank you so much. What a terrific accomplishment for you. What made you make the commitment to WW this time, vs the stupid fad (which has been my downfall)?
Thank you! Weight Watchers is the only thing that ever actually worked. I knew if my head was in the right place, I could do it and stick with it.
Old 03-04-2013, 02:51 PM   #1814
Aburns8
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Disneyluvr View Post
Hello! I have been lurking for a while and finally decided to come out of hiding.

My name is Donna and I'm a 43 yr old wife, mother of 2 teens, kindergarten teacher and Disney lover, who also happens to be overweight!

I just rejoined WW for the 2nd time last Tues. Actually tomorrow will be our 1st official meeting and I'm really excited to be taking the steps necessary to get healthy!

I'm happy I found this thread to help keep me motivated and hopefully find some friends who are going through the same thins and get some great tips!
Welcome Donna
Old 03-04-2013, 03:04 PM   #1815
pwdebbie
DIS Veteran

Welcome to all the new folks! Some of you mentioned goals that involve running and/or marathons. That's an amazing goal to set for yourself. I've always been a "tripper" so I'm a little afraid to run. But I admire you all for aiming high! You'll have to keep us updated regularly with your progress.

Keahgirl, I don't think I ever knew how much you actually wanted to lose when you started. You are so close to where you want to be!
pwdebbie is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: