Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Restaurants
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-03-2013, 08:18 PM   #316
Hunclemarco
DIS Veteran

The music is pretty loud, there are speakers not too far from the tomorrowland terrace restaurant. Now, if there was a lot of chatter near you, i'm sure that would distract you just as it would if you were right in front of the castle. Is it blaring? No., but it is at a comfortable level (in my opinion)

January 1979 Offsite; January 1992 POR; March 1999Honeymoon ; May 2002 CBR; May 2008 Offsite; November 2008 CBR March 2009 DVC SSR, BCV; August 2009 DVC AKV,BCV; December 2009 DVC SSR; February 2010 DVC BCV; November 2010 DVC BWV; May 2011 POP; March 2012 DCL Dream and POP; May 2012 POP; April 2013 DVC BCV; November 2013 CSR; Yacht Club, DCL Dream and BWV May 2014, SSR and AKV-Jambo September 2014
Hunclemarco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2013, 04:29 AM   #317
Grandmaof2
Mouseketeer

Which way is best to make a reservation...online or call in the reservation? . Thanks..waiting for May!
Register to remove

Old 03-04-2013, 09:30 AM   #318
Dis_Dreamin
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grandmaof2 View Post
Which way is best to make a reservation...online or call in the reservation? . Thanks..waiting for May!
With as quirky as the current WDW website is, I would recommend calling, but only while you are actively trying to get it online. I tried online first, confirmed there were openings for when I wanted, and as soon as I had a problem, I started calling dining. Got the ressie without a problem on the phone.
DIS Dad's Club Member #621 (since 2011)

June 2008 - Port Orleans French Quarter (First Trip)
May 2010 - Caribbean Beach Resort
June 2012 - Caribbean Beach Resort
April 2013 - Coronado Springs Resort (Mom and Dad only Anniversary trip!!)
October 2014 - Coronado Springs Resort
June 2015 - DISDads Dream Cruise

Dis_Dreamin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2013, 12:00 PM   #319
Grandmaof2
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dis_Dreamin View Post
With as quirky as the current WDW website is, I would recommend calling, but only while you are actively trying to get it online. I tried online first, confirmed there were openings for when I wanted, and as soon as I had a problem, I started calling dining. Got the ressie without a problem on the phone.
Thanks! I just don't want to miss this!! Taking my grandchildren and they both love desserts (and me too!!).. Imagine that!!!
Old 03-07-2013, 10:34 AM   #320
Judyfun
Mouseketeer

I am taking my Great Niece for her first DIsney visit in June. She has has to be Glutten Free, I know that Disney will be great about helping us out, but does anyone know if she will have a lot to choise from?

Thanks
Disney Bound in March / June / October 2013!
Judyfun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2013, 10:05 PM   #321
andrencau
Mouseketeer

Dessert party was great! We went 3/7/2013. Not sure how long ago I booked but my reservation said 7:20 (8:00 Wishes). We were the first table in through the entrance. We were on the rail and there was no one to stand in front of us. Which can be a problem if you want to stay seated. It was the best seat in the house IMO. Photo pass was right beside us. The food was good. We all had enough and it was replenished several times. I would highly recommend it for anyone who wants to do the fireworks, something a little special, and not to have to worry about the crowds.
andrencau is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2013, 10:24 PM   #322
glass half full
Mouseketeer

We also were in tonight on 3/7/13. I worked hard at getting this ressie and made it hours after it became available on (I think ) feb 4th. This was our first trip to Disney and caught wishes 4 times. night one we ended up about 100 feet in front of the Walt statue, once from Ohana at dinner, once from the beach by our room at the Poly and tonight on our last night at the dessert party. Although m lad we did it and it was an amazing way to end our trip. I Wouldn't do it again. I can't believe how much the viewing angle changes the show! Seeing the fireworks go off behind the castle and being able to hear the music male the experience special.
Watching it tonight on the Terrace was what was advertised.....a party. Guys behind me talking through the show. Music not pt directly into the building,
Not worth all the work I put into this ressie though.

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards
Old 03-09-2013, 06:36 AM   #323
Dis_Dreamin
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by andrencau View Post
Dessert party was great! We went 3/7/2013. Not sure how long ago I booked but my reservation said 7:20 (8:00 Wishes). We were the first table in through the entrance. We were on the rail and there was no one to stand in front of us. Which can be a problem if you want to stay seated. It was the best seat in the house IMO. Photo pass was right beside us. The food was good. We all had enough and it was replenished several times. I would highly recommend it for anyone who wants to do the fireworks, something a little special, and not to have to worry about the crowds.
Quote:
Originally Posted by glass half full View Post
We also were in tonight on 3/7/13. I worked hard at getting this ressie and made it hours after it became available on (I think ) feb 4th. This was our first trip to Disney and caught wishes 4 times. night one we ended up about 100 feet in front of the Walt statue, once from Ohana at dinner, once from the beach by our room at the Poly and tonight on our last night at the dessert party. Although m lad we did it and it was an amazing way to end our trip. I Wouldn't do it again. I can't believe how much the viewing angle changes the show! Seeing the fireworks go off behind the castle and being able to hear the music male the experience special.
Watching it tonight on the Terrace was what was advertised.....a party. Guys behind me talking through the show. Music not pt directly into the building,
Not worth all the work I put into this ressie though.

This really shows how two people can experience the exact same experience, yet have completely divergent opinions on how good it was. Disney does a good job, IMHO, getting a good variety of experiences for every budget and for every taste.
DIS Dad's Club Member #621 (since 2011)

June 2008 - Port Orleans French Quarter (First Trip)
May 2010 - Caribbean Beach Resort
June 2012 - Caribbean Beach Resort
April 2013 - Coronado Springs Resort (Mom and Dad only Anniversary trip!!)
October 2014 - Coronado Springs Resort
June 2015 - DISDads Dream Cruise

Dis_Dreamin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2013, 07:46 AM   #324
scottmel
Does my logic in my original question make sense
I need to see it in a new light I guess

I plan to make a half hearted attempt to get june ADR for wishes - but the above post worried me. Do they not pipe in the wishes music or is the talking just too loud to be able to really hear the music?

scottmel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2013, 08:48 AM   #325
Princess Katherine
The Yeti's Girlfriend

Emm.... Mango shooters.
Princess Katherine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2013, 09:01 PM   #326
Herbord3
Earning My Ears

Trying to get ADR for June but wondering if 6 year old will be ok w/ this?
Herbord3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2013, 09:03 PM   #327
3Leafs
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Herbord3
Trying to get ADR for June but wondering if 6 year old will be ok w/ this?
It really depends on the kid now my son who will be 10 could never make it at that age now my daughter who just turned 8 could have made it when she was 4
Old 03-09-2013, 11:45 PM   #328
glass half full
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottmel
I plan to make a half hearted attempt to get june ADR for wishes - but the above post worried me. Do they not pipe in the wishes music or is the talking just too loud to be able to really hear the music?
There is no direct piping in of the music. In the middle of Main Street, people seemed more into watching the show than those on the terrace. No chatter on the street, lots on the terrace.
I'm glad we did it...we also were as tired as all get out...it was 8:45am off the monorail until end of wishes .....long day

Old 03-29-2013, 09:18 AM   #329
dlpatterson
Earning My Ears

first time for this - how many days out can you get a ressie

Hi everyone,

Not our first time to Disney but first time for this. We usually eat at the California Grill and see the show from there but its closed for renos.

How many days out can you get a reservation? I tried when I was making my other dining choices and they said 30-45 days. Anyone know which it is?

Thanks!

Deborah
dlpatterson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2013, 12:44 PM   #330
WILDERNESS FAN 55
CANNOT GET ENOUGH

Quote:
Originally Posted by dlpatterson View Post
Hi everyone,

Not our first time to Disney but first time for this. We usually eat at the California Grill and see the show from there but its closed for renos.

How many days out can you get a reservation? I tried when I was making my other dining choices and they said 30-45 days. Anyone know which it is?

Thanks!

Deborah
Right now that's it in a nutshell 30-45 days out. March 1st opened up all of April for resv's I believe so April 1st may open up the month of May I 've gone twice b4 and this is the way they have handled it .Nothing cut and dried as far as time wise.

Off site 72-76-76-77-78(MM 50th b-day) 79-81-82-85-86 FW-84-86-88-90-90-91-92-95-96
Poly 87 GF 88 CR 90 CBR 91-06-10
Disney Inn 93 ASM 95-96-02 CS 98
POFQ 97 DIXIE Landing 00 POR 07-08 WL-11
DL-Honeymoon-77 03 OKW -13 BLT-13 BWV-13
Trips planned 2015 WDW 2016 Aulani 2017 WDW XMAS
WILDERNESS FAN 55 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
dessert party, magic kingdom, terrace, tomorrowland

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: