Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum > Disney Cruise Line Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-03-2013, 02:40 PM   #676
jenseib
Mommy to Claire

Continued from previous page

We walked around a bit and spotted Chip and Dale.

Abby took a seat to watch them while we waited in line.

The line was kind of long, so Geoff and Gail took Abby and headed up to see Mickey while we waited.

While I waited, I took a picture of the light fixture. You can never have too many of those!

Geoff took a couple of us while we were waiting.

We were getting close and they were done, so we waved to them to hurry so Abby could be in with the 2 older girls.

She made it just in time. Chip had walked off with the family in front of us. It was the girls birthday and I think he was giving her some extra attention, so for a while we only had Dale.

See the pen in Abbys hand. Well that was my pen. For some reason she wanted a blue pen. Blue is her favorite color. Gail had given her a pen with blue ink and she threw a fit. We realized that she saw our blue colored pen so I handed it off to her. We had an extra pen or two and no need to fight that battle right now.

UH OH!!! We have a rebel passing the characters and trying to go up the stairs. Not allowed during character meets!

BUSTED!

Chips back, but no one seems to notice.

Since He was going unnoticed, I guess he decided to eat Claire.

Once again, Abby didnt want to leave.

jenseib is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2013, 02:50 PM   #677
dizneeat
DIS Veteran

I cannot believe your assistant server was so slow and charged your sister some drinks she had not had. Hope you got it all figured out!

I just love all the character pics you got! And that Miss Abby is one cute kid.
Aug 22 Fantasy/Western Aug 29 Fantasy/Eastern
TR Feb 2014: Did you feel pressured ... TR 2013: Get off the ship ..... Pre TR 2014: DREAMing, some MAGIC and a little bit of Paris! Visit my other TRs/dining reviews here:

dizneeat is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 03-03-2013, 02:51 PM   #678
dolphingirl47
I will post my goodies once I am back
I have always been too worried to use the pillowcase

What a shame about the issues with the drinks checks. I love the photos of Enchanted Garden and the character photos are precious. I particularly love the photos with Donald.

Corinna
dolphingirl47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2013, 03:14 PM   #679
tinkerbellandeeyor
DIS Veteran

Loved Clair's dress
Old 03-03-2013, 07:25 PM   #681
petals
Irish Princess because Cinderella said so!

Luvin the pics with Chip and Dale
petals is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2013, 07:48 PM   #682
StitchIsOurHero
I was smart enough to marry a DH who does the laundry!
Dun-DUN! Has 8 Matthew McConaugheys at work!
The Rock, in his little man-bikini, is quite pretty!

All caught up!! I am getting so excited for our upcoming WDW/Dream trip (18 days). I love reading your report because it makes me even more excited!!
StitchIsOurHero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2013, 08:21 PM   #683
Angelrose
Likes to dance in golden sun beams
Knows too many details about Gnarf, Fnarfle, Grotchy and Ronkle....yep, she needs help!! ;)
Drives me even crazier than I am

See, I'm here as well. LOL Love Claire's dress. You are so talented with needle and thread.
Old 03-03-2013, 08:34 PM   #684
jenseib
Mommy to Claire

Quote:
Originally Posted by dizneeat View Post
I cannot believe your assistant server was so slow and charged your sister some drinks she had not had. Hope you got it all figured out!

I just love all the character pics you got! And that Miss Abby is one cute kid.
My sister isn't a very patient person , so it really irked her a lot. I think some of the drinks were actually Geoffs, which we have no clue why because they didn't sit next to each other. LOL

Abby is full of attitude, but sure is cute.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dolphingirl47 View Post
What a shame about the issues with the drinks checks. I love the photos of Enchanted Garden and the character photos are precious. I particularly love the photos with Donald.

Corinna
She really wasn't on top of things. I am not sure how long she had been with Disney, but I don't see a good future for her if she doesn't straighten up.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinkerbellandeeyor View Post
Loved Clair's dress
Thanks

Quote:
Originally Posted by ronnmel View Post
Lots of character fun!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by petals View Post
Luvin the pics with Chip and Dale

Quote:
Originally Posted by StitchIsOurHero View Post
All caught up!! I am getting so excited for our upcoming WDW/Dream trip (18 days). I love reading your report because it makes me even more excited!!
How awesome. Can I sneak in your suitcase?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angelrose View Post
See, I'm here as well. LOL Love Claire's dress. You are so talented with needle and thread.
I'm not talented at all. I had a friend make up the mickey and then Claire's teach last year actually sewed it on the dress for me. I have no sewing talent at all.
Old 03-04-2013, 12:54 AM   #685
scottny
You better have crackers
I heard of light reading, never wet reading
I still won't go in the ocean because of

Great pics of storybook circus.
The party looked like a lot of fun.
That room was really nice.
I would have flipped out if I had someone elseís bag.
Great pics boarding the ship. It looked so pretty.
Great overall pics.
All caught up now. Enjoying the report.
scottny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2013, 02:13 AM   #686
rndmr2
DIS Veteran

Catching up on your latest updates. Sorry your servers weren't as good as others have been.

Love the pics of the girls with the characters, that little Abby is too cute.

8/1985--Days Inn Sand Lake Rd, 8/1987-- Wilson World, 12/1987-- Contemporary, 8/1989-- Caribbean Beach, 12/1989-- Port Orleans (now POFQ), 7/1990-- Caribbean Beach, 6/1991-- Carribbean Beach (Senior Week!), 8/1992-- Port Orleans (Now POFQ), 9/1995--All Star Music, August 1998-- Dixie Landings -Alligator Bayou (now PO Riverside), 7/1999-- All Star Movies, 11/2004-- Pop Century, 5/2010 POR Magnolia Bend, 5/2011 Saratoga Springs Resort
rndmr2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2013, 02:37 AM   #687
LisaHK
Mouseketeer

I love the pictures with the girls and Chip 'n' Dale.
Disneyland Paris - 1992 (opening week), 93,94,97,98,01,02,05,06,07,08,10,11 & 12
WDW- 2001.
DCL (Magic) - August 2013, Dover to Barcelona August 2015
LisaHK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2013, 07:17 AM   #688
jenseib
Mommy to Claire

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottny View Post
Great pics of storybook circus.
The party looked like a lot of fun.
That room was really nice.
I would have flipped out if I had someone elseís bag.
Great pics boarding the ship. It looked so pretty.
Great overall pics.
All caught up now. Enjoying the report.
Thanks! We had some tense moments when we realized the bag was not ours.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rndmr2 View Post
Catching up on your latest updates. Sorry your servers weren't as good as others have been.

Love the pics of the girls with the characters, that little Abby is too cute.
We ate well, so no complaints there, but we just expected more.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LisaHK View Post
I love the pictures with the girls and Chip 'n' Dale.
They enjoyed the character meets
Old 03-04-2013, 07:55 AM   #689
mom2rtk
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by jenseib View Post
Yes. Veranda's are so nice. All rooms are nice, but just sitting out and watching the world go by is something extra. Claire will be a bit heartbroken if we ever go to an inside. She's a bit spoiled now. Well she's spoiled in a lot of ways. As she was throwing a fit the other night I reminded her how she gets things and has done things that most of the kids she knows has not done and she should think about that.
Yeah, Katie gets that talk every now and then too. She sort of had it with herself last night though. We were watching last week's episode of "The Middle" over again. Mike threatens Sue with their "Disney change jar". And poor says she was always dreamed of Disney. To which Katie says "I don't even have to dream about Disney. I've seen it. A lot of times." I told her maybe she's been too much and I should leave her home next time......

I just got tot he part where you said you don't like early dinner. I'm just heartbroken. I guess we'll have to cancel our cruise together! That would just never work for me. If I don't eat on time (and early) you wouldn't even want to be around me. No..... wait..... maybe I could just stuff my pockets full of chocolate chip cookies! I do see your point about Dine and Play though. If you had little kids, that could certainly make or break things.

The Enchanted Garden is SO pretty. Are those skylights? OK, yes, I'm stupid, if they are, are they real or fake?

I really feel for you trying to get a good shot of all 3 girls. But I see you found the secret........ just get Donald in the shot!

This shot is ADORABLE!
Quote:
Originally Posted by jenseib View Post

I also love Claire's dress and thought for a moment you had been holding out on me and started sewing! Great idea though, and it looks like great execution. So perfect for the Golden Mickey show!
mom2rtk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2013, 10:33 AM   #690
jenseib
Mommy to Claire

Quote:
Originally Posted by mom2rtk View Post
Yeah, Katie gets that talk every now and then too. She sort of had it with herself last night though. We were watching last week's episode of "The Middle" over again. Mike threatens Sue with their "Disney change jar". And poor says she was always dreamed of Disney. To which Katie says "I don't even have to dream about Disney. I've seen it. A lot of times." I told her maybe she's been too much and I should leave her home next time......

I just got tot he part where you said you don't like early dinner. I'm just heartbroken. I guess we'll have to cancel our cruise together! That would just never work for me. If I don't eat on time (and early) you wouldn't even want to be around me. No..... wait..... maybe I could just stuff my pockets full of chocolate chip cookies! I do see your point about Dine and Play though. If you had little kids, that could certainly make or break things.

The Enchanted Garden is SO pretty. Are those skylights? OK, yes, I'm stupid, if they are, are they real or fake?

I really feel for you trying to get a good shot of all 3 girls. But I see you found the secret........ just get Donald in the shot!

This shot is ADORABLE!

I also love Claire's dress and thought for a moment you had been holding out on me and started sewing! Great idea though, and it looks like great execution. So perfect for the Golden Mickey show!
Claire is home sick today. She has a cough and headache. Getting meds in her is chore, but when she has them she is good. You can tell when they wear off. We have been reading my TR together today and she is giving me her 2 cents every so often. The thing is, I am not getting anything done at all ...and I just want to go ahead and book myself another trip.

We could still do late dinner, you could get some chicken strips in early on or visit cabanas and then have late dinner too. Though I could do early dinner if I had to. Claire is actually pretty well behaved eating, but when she gets with other kids she gets antsy.

I can't sew to save my life. One of the girls I work with actually made the applique, just playing around when I asked and then I knew her teacher could sew, so I asked if she could put it on the dress, which I got off ebay for dirt cheap. We need to cruise again before she outgrows it!

And those are just panes of glass (or plastic) with lights in them.

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: