Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Restaurants
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-03-2013, 02:57 PM   #1
leebee
DIS Veteran

Late Seating at Buffets?

We are considering a 9 PM ADR at Boma. Is this too late for a buffet-style meal? Will the food still be fresh and hot, the variety still available? I worry about looking forward to dinner and getting dried out meats, limited options, limp salad, etc. Anyone have experience with late seatings at Disney buffets?
Old 03-03-2013, 03:25 PM   #2
jwfla422
DIS Veteran/Philly Native

Quote:
Originally Posted by leebee View Post
We are considering a 9 PM ADR at Boma. Is this too late for a buffet-style meal? Will the food still be fresh and hot, the variety still available? I worry about looking forward to dinner and getting dried out meats, limited options, limp salad, etc. Anyone have experience with late seatings at Disney buffets?
I think it really depends on the buffet. My experience with some of the park buffets is no more late seatings...CP is a prime example (dinner). They closed down one side of the buffet (and this was a 7:30 seating and the park didn't close until 9:00) and although there were still a lot of hot items the salad bar area left a lot to be desired. Selections were low and not fresh, rolls that were left were rocks.

Wouldn't do that again, now as far as a resort buffet, no experience there. Boma is usually a very good buffet so I would imagine (or hope) there should still be a lot of good stuff left?
jwfla422 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 03-03-2013, 09:31 PM   #3
karmacats
Mouseketeer

DH and I eat really late at home (we usually have dinner between 9 and 10 pm), so we always take the latest available reservation we can get at Disney. We've eaten at Boma 3 or 4 times and never had a problem - they put fresh food out until the end of the night, and we've never had anything stale or had them run out of something we wanted. FWIW, same with Biergarten and Tusker House - no problems with either of those.
karmacats is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2013, 09:53 PM   #4
PrincessMe
Mouseketeer

I eat at very few buffets and Boma is one of my favorite restaurants at Disney World. They put out small dishes of food and change them frequently. So everything is always fresh and hot. We've had late reservations there and they've continued to replenish. I'd say go and enjoy!

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: