Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts
 
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read



Reply
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 03-03-2013, 03:51 PM   #1
Rogillio
DIS Veteran
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Alabama
Posts: 2,030

On board booking - I finnally get it

We've cruised 9 times on DCL and I finally understand the significance of booking on board. I so wish I'd figured the dummy cruise booking years ago.

We just booked the Venice cruise - 2 9C rooms 4A, $8,888. This saved us $1,000 plus we got $400 DCL OBC and we named DU as TA and got $400 OBC from them.

So booking on board saved us $1,800. My only regret is I never took the time to understand OBB 10 years ago.

One question, how long can I kick the can down the road and move the reservation? Also, if the cruise I book on board is $5k and I move it to a cruise that is $10k, will I still get 10% off the new cruise? What are the limits on the number of rooms? That is, can I book one room and later add a room or vice versa? Can I add or subtract names to room?

Ok, that was more than one question....guess there is still a lot I need to learn.
__________________
WDW 4/98, Yellowstone 6/99, 4-day Bahamas DCL 6/00, Washington DC 6/01, WDW 1/02, Scotland 6/02, Alaska 6/03, 7-day Caribbean DCL 6/04, 4-day Bahamas DCL 1/05, WDW 1/05, Universal 3/05, Norway 6/05, NYC Waldorf-Astoria 10/05, Snowshoe, WV 12/05, China Adventure 3/06, WDW 6/06, Copper Mountain, CO 12/06, 11-day DCL Med Cruise 5/07, 4-day Bahamas DCL 10/07, 7 Day NCL cruise - Hawaii 7/08, Door County, WI 7/09, Snowshoe WV, 12/09, 12-day DCL Baltic cruise 6/10, 7-day Caribbean HAL 12/10, WDW 6/11, 5-day Dream NYE 12/11, 7-day Canadian HAL 6/12, 3-day Dream Jan 2013, 4-day Dream Feb 2013, 5-day CCL NOLA, 9-day DCL Venice/Greece 6/14
Rogillio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2013, 05:40 PM   #2
Kirbo
Runs with Scissors
 
Kirbo's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 1,241

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rogillio View Post
We've cruised 9 times on DCL and I finally understand the significance of booking on board. I so wish I'd figured the dummy cruise booking years ago.

We just booked the Venice cruise - 2 9C rooms 4A, $8,888. This saved us $1,000 plus we got $400 DCL OBC and we named DU as TA and got $400 OBC from them.

So booking on board saved us $1,800. My only regret is I never took the time to understand OBB 10 years ago.

One question, how long can I kick the can down the road and move the reservation? Also, if the cruise I book on board is $5k and I move it to a cruise that is $10k, will I still get 10% off the new cruise? What are the limits on the number of rooms? That is, can I book one room and later add a room or vice versa? Can I add or subtract names to room?

Ok, that was more than one question....guess there is still a lot I need to learn.
I don't know all your answers but that you finally figured out to do the OBB!

Right now, I think you can keep moving the OBB indefinitely. THat might change in the future, but right now I don't think there's a limit. If you book a $5000 room and switch to a $10k room, you still get the 10% off the pre-tax price. We did our OBB for a three night Dream and then moved it to a seven-night Alaska. We had to pay extra for the deposit, but it was still just 10% deposit and 10% off.

I think you are now limited to two rooms per household, but I might have that wrong. And I think you can add and subtract names, but if you add names, it's dependent on them having the space in that life-boat station, etc and you pay the current price for that person, less the 10% I think, not the price from when you first booked. So you're probably better off making sure you have everyone in the rooms that you think are going. Easier to drop names before the cut-off date than to try to add only to find a huge price increase or no space for that age group.

I'm sure someone else will appear to answer your other questions.
__________________
Kirbo is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Join Date: 1997
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 1,000,000
Old 03-03-2013, 06:57 PM   #3
Rogillio
DIS Veteran
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Alabama
Posts: 2,030

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kirbo View Post
I don't know all your answers but that you finally figured out to do the OBB!

Right now, I think you can keep moving the OBB indefinitely. THat might change in the future, but right now I don't think there's a limit. If you book a $5000 room and switch to a $10k room, you still get the 10% off the pre-tax price. We did our OBB for a three night Dream and then moved it to a seven-night Alaska. We had to pay extra for the deposit, but it was still just 10% deposit and 10% off.

I think you are now limited to two rooms per household, but I might have that wrong. And I think you can add and subtract names, but if you add names, it's dependent on them having the space in that life-boat station, etc and you pay the current price for that person, less the 10% I think, not the price from when you first booked. So you're probably better off making sure you have everyone in the rooms that you think are going. Easier to drop names before the cut-off date than to try to add only to find a huge price increase or no space for that age group.

I'm sure someone else will appear to answer your other questions.


Awesome. Thanks for the info.
__________________
WDW 4/98, Yellowstone 6/99, 4-day Bahamas DCL 6/00, Washington DC 6/01, WDW 1/02, Scotland 6/02, Alaska 6/03, 7-day Caribbean DCL 6/04, 4-day Bahamas DCL 1/05, WDW 1/05, Universal 3/05, Norway 6/05, NYC Waldorf-Astoria 10/05, Snowshoe, WV 12/05, China Adventure 3/06, WDW 6/06, Copper Mountain, CO 12/06, 11-day DCL Med Cruise 5/07, 4-day Bahamas DCL 10/07, 7 Day NCL cruise - Hawaii 7/08, Door County, WI 7/09, Snowshoe WV, 12/09, 12-day DCL Baltic cruise 6/10, 7-day Caribbean HAL 12/10, WDW 6/11, 5-day Dream NYE 12/11, 7-day Canadian HAL 6/12, 3-day Dream Jan 2013, 4-day Dream Feb 2013, 5-day CCL NOLA, 9-day DCL Venice/Greece 6/14
Rogillio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2013, 07:03 PM   #4
Meghatron
DIS Veteran
 
Meghatron's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 2,718

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rogillio View Post
We just booked the Venice cruise - 2 9C rooms 4A, $8,888.
I'm sorry, I'm a bit confused... did you book 9C rooms or 4A rooms?
__________________
Me DH DD (4) DS (1)
Disneyland Annual Passholder; eloped in Snow White's Grotto
Castaway Club Gold; miss having DCL in our backyard!


Meghatron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2013, 07:11 PM   #5
alexandmaddie
DIS Veteran
 
alexandmaddie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2000
Location: Woodbury, MN
Posts: 1,236

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meghatron View Post
I'm sorry, I'm a bit confused... did you book 9C rooms or 4A rooms?
I wonder if the OP meant 4 adults?
__________________
alexandmaddie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2013, 07:26 PM   #6
TLSnell1981

Sense isn't very common anymore
I can't wait for T shirts and cover ups
 
TLSnell1981's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Posts: 10,961

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kirbo View Post
you pay the current price for that person, less the 10% I think, not the price from when you first booked.
Hmmm...I thought the price was locked.
__________________

I can't think about that right now. If I do, I'll go crazy.
I'll think about that tomorrow.....After all, tomorrow is another day"
Scarlett O'Hara
TLSnell1981 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2013, 08:05 PM   #7
Meghatron
DIS Veteran
 
Meghatron's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 2,718

Quote:
Originally Posted by TLSnell1981 View Post
Hmmm...I thought the price was locked.
The price is locked for the number of people booked at the time the OBB is made. Additions will be booked at the prevailing rate.
__________________
Me DH DD (4) DS (1)
Disneyland Annual Passholder; eloped in Snow White's Grotto
Castaway Club Gold; miss having DCL in our backyard!


Meghatron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2013, 08:09 PM   #8
Bear3412
DIS Veteran
 
Bear3412's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: No. VA
Posts: 4,201

10% off as long as you don't move the ressie to concierge.
No 10% off for concierge. You do get the OBC though.
Bear3412 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply



Thread Tools
Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
GET OUR DIS UPDATES DELIVERED BY EMAIL



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:33 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Copyright © 1997-2014, Werner Technologies, LLC. All Rights Reserved.