Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum > Disney Cruise Meets
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-06-2013, 01:14 PM   #16
N365PA
First rule of the bayou: never take directions from a gator.

Were probably going to fly into FLL a couple days early and head over to Ft. Myers to visit my parents. Drive back to FLL the morning of the cruise, drop off the car and disney bus to the port.
June 29-July 10: Copenhagen-Dover Disney Magic

N365PA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2013, 08:23 AM   #17
emtmom
Mouseketeer

Woo Hoo! booked our flights last night! Flying into Miami and found a hotel that offers both free airport and cruise port shuttles as well as free breakfast buffet (the way my kids eat this is a big deal). We're going to stay a few days in Miami after the cruise. So excited!!

emtmom is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 02-20-2013, 09:07 AM   #18
mmcxiiad
Mouseketeer

After having a nightmare cruise in 2010 and getting a huge discount, We planned on going on an Alaska Cruise. Then another child came... and my wife and I decided to hold of on Alaska. Long story short (too late), we are booked on this cruise.

It is going to be my wife and I, our 4 kids and my in-laws (and we are debating bringing a sitter along too).

Because disney gave us such a huge discount, we decided to to book a larger room... 4 kids require some space. Initially, we had planned on getting 2 rooms, then we decided 2 veranda rooms.... before we knew it I had run the numbers and it wasn't that much more for the 2-bedroom suite (vs the 2 verandas). So we are all excited about the trip and the upgraded service.

Of course, what none of the rest of my family knows is we aren't going on the 2-bedroom suite. I waitlisted the royal suite and last week the travel agent called and told me it was available. So I quickly jumped on it. Now I am going to try to keep it secret as long as possible. I almost let it slip the other day, though I played it off like I made a slip of the tongue (sorry honey I meant concierge suite, not royal suite).

We are so excited about the trip. Although, my wife has been on three cruises (3 with me and 1 prior to us getting married) and half have been nightmares (one of them could easily rank up there as the top 5 worst cruise nightmares of all time). I am honestly surprised she is excited to do another one.

Anyway, I think she wants to join in the FE, although neither one of us are on FB. We are going to drive to Miami as it is only 15 hours away.... and cheaper then flights for 6.
mmcxiiad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2013, 11:11 AM   #19
hamm1207
Alaskan DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by mmcxiiad
After having a nightmare cruise in 2010 and getting a huge discount, We planned on going on an Alaska Cruise. Then another child came... and my wife and I decided to hold of on Alaska. Long story short (too late), we are booked on this cruise.

It is going to be my wife and I, our 4 kids and my in-laws (and we are debating bringing a sitter along too).

Because disney gave us such a huge discount, we decided to to book a larger room... 4 kids require some space. Initially, we had planned on getting 2 rooms, then we decided 2 veranda rooms.... before we knew it I had run the numbers and it wasn't that much more for the 2-bedroom suite (vs the 2 verandas). So we are all excited about the trip and the upgraded service.

Of course, what none of the rest of my family knows is we aren't going on the 2-bedroom suite. I waitlisted the royal suite and last week the travel agent called and told me it was available. So I quickly jumped on it. Now I am going to try to keep it secret as long as possible. I almost let it slip the other day, though I played it off like I made a slip of the tongue (sorry honey I meant concierge suite, not royal suite).

We are so excited about the trip. Although, my wife has been on three cruises (3 with me and 1 prior to us getting married) and half have been nightmares (one of them could easily rank up there as the top 5 worst cruise nightmares of all time). I am honestly surprised she is excited to do another one.

Anyway, I think she wants to join in the FE, although neither one of us are on FB. We are going to drive to Miami as it is only 15 hours away.... and cheaper then flights for 6.
Welcome to the cruise!! Sorry to hear you've had a rough cruise in the past, I hope this one will be great!

If you wish to join the FE all you have to do is click the link in my signature and add your info to the list! There is no need for FB to participate.

May 2010 Bahamas Cruise Disney Wonder January 26-30, 2011 Disney Dream Maiden VoyageApril 27-May 3, 2011 West Coast Repo Disney Wonder December 4-11, 2011 Mexican Riviera Disney Wonder Eastern Caribbean - April 13-20, 2012 Disney Magic First Galveston Cruise - Sept 22-29, 2012 Disney Magic Bahamas Dream - Sept 30-Oct 4, 2012 Disney DreamApril 28-May 2, 2013 Disney Dream BahamasMay 4-11, 2013 Disney Fantasy Eastern CaribbeanOctober 27-November 1, 2013 Disney Magic out of Miami May 19, 2014 West Coast Repo-Disney Wonder May 24, 2014 Alaska Cruise-Disney Wonder
hamm1207 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2013, 11:47 AM   #20
mmcxiiad
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by hamm1207 View Post
Welcome to the cruise!! Sorry to hear you've had a rough cruise in the past, I hope this one will be great!

If you wish to join the FE all you have to do is click the link in my signature and add your info to the list! There is no need for FB to participate.
Thanks, although I am not sure which link you are referring to - one is for FE for an April cruise. The other is lanyards for May.

Rough cruise describes the last one - Caught norrovirus in nassau.... was kindly asked by the ship's higher ups that the entire family spend the cruise in our room for the remainder of the trip. My youngest daughter who was 2 wouldn't stop throwing up. It was awful.

They tried to make things as comfortable as possible, but the other two kids didn't understand why they couldn't leave the room (since they weren't sick.... yet). Things really kicked into overdrive when we got to WDW. That is when the real "magic" happened. my wife, son, and other daughter had a 36 hour throw up spell... somehow, and I still don't know how, I dodged that bullet. So the whole thing took 7 days to go through the entire family.... all during a 9 day vacation.

As bad as that sounds, my wife's first cruise is the winner. Her uncle took her as a High School graduation present. Midway during the trip, I think they were at Turkey, her uncle passed away. They were traveling with a tour group but it was a lot for her to take on at the time with all of the rest of the family at home. Yeah, that is the nightmare scenario.

I keep telling her that lightening can only strike so many times before you are given a reprieve. So as excited as she is, there is still a bit of nervousness. In fact, one of the reasons she was excited about the larger room was incase we had to stay in our room again.

Sorry if this is a downer for anyone as that is not my intention.In fact quite the opposite. Hopefully some special magic will be sprinkled our way. Which is why I am trying to come up with extra ways to make this as carefree and smooth as possible. I really don't want this to be our last cruise.
Old 02-20-2013, 05:57 PM   #21
hamm1207
Alaskan DIS Veteran

I'm so sorry ..I got our cruises mixed up! I will start a FE list for this cruise sometime this week, as I don't think anyone has yet.

May 2010 Bahamas Cruise Disney Wonder January 26-30, 2011 Disney Dream Maiden VoyageApril 27-May 3, 2011 West Coast Repo Disney Wonder December 4-11, 2011 Mexican Riviera Disney Wonder Eastern Caribbean - April 13-20, 2012 Disney Magic First Galveston Cruise - Sept 22-29, 2012 Disney Magic Bahamas Dream - Sept 30-Oct 4, 2012 Disney DreamApril 28-May 2, 2013 Disney Dream BahamasMay 4-11, 2013 Disney Fantasy Eastern CaribbeanOctober 27-November 1, 2013 Disney Magic out of Miami May 19, 2014 West Coast Repo-Disney Wonder May 24, 2014 Alaska Cruise-Disney Wonder
Old 02-23-2013, 07:51 PM   #22
hamm1207
Alaskan DIS Veteran

Okey doke...I've added a link in my signature for a FE list. If you are interested in participating in the FE, please click on the link and fill out your info. I've provided enough space for 4 guests per cabin, so if you have more, just add them on the next line. Please let me know if the link is working, and if you can edit the spreadsheet. Thanks!

Old 02-23-2013, 07:56 PM   #23
mmcxiiad
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Okey doke...I've added a link in my signature for a FE list. If you are interested in participating in the FE, please click on the link and fill out your info. I've provided enough space for 4 guests per cabin, so if you have more, just add them on the next line. Please let me know if the link is working, and if you can edit the spreadsheet. Thanks!
I don't see the link yet. Never mind. iPhone wasn't scrolling enough. My bad.
Old 02-23-2013, 10:30 PM   #24
hamm1207
Alaskan DIS Veteran

Quote:

I don't see the link yet. Never mind. iPhone wasn't scrolling enough. My bad.
Will the link work on the iPhone? I've never been able to get links in signatures to work on my iPhone. Cool!

Old 02-26-2013, 01:40 PM   #25
emtmom
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by mmcxiiad View Post

Welcome to the cruise!! Here's hoping that this one is the best yet for you all! I think your surprise will be the icing on the cake! How old are your kids?

emtmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2013, 02:07 PM   #26
mmcxiiad
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by emtmom View Post
Welcome to the cruise!! Here's hoping that this one is the best yet for you all! I think your surprise will be the icing on the cake! How old are your kids?
Thanks, I think it will surprise them too!

We have 4 kids - a boy who is 9; and three girls 6, 4 and 1. Needless to say, they are all excited to go.

Every time we talk about going on the cruise, my son starts asking which club he will be in and a full itinerary of what activities they will have for the kids on the ship. We patiently have to explain that we don't know yet, and he will find out when we gets there.

My other daughter (who is 4 and will turn 5 a couple of days after we get off the ship) is convinced that Goofy and Capt. Hook will be driving the ship. I don't know which one of those scenarios scares me more.
Old 02-26-2013, 02:14 PM   #27
mmcxiiad
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Will the link work on the iPhone? I've never been able to get links in signatures to work on my iPhone. Cool!
I tried to sign up for the FE but no matter what I do, the doc stays in view mode. Am I doing something wrong?
Old 02-26-2013, 05:07 PM   #28
hamm1207
Alaskan DIS Veteran

Quote:

I tried to sign up for the FE but no matter what I do, the doc stays in view mode. Am I doing something wrong?
I'll take a look at it when I get home tonight. I might have to change something in settings for the document.

Old 02-27-2013, 11:51 PM   #29
hamm1207
Alaskan DIS Veteran

Okay...I changed the settings to allow everyone with the link to edit the spreadsheet, so it should work now. Please let me know!

Old 03-03-2013, 08:11 PM   #30
lchute1158
Mouseketeer

I am thinking of this cruise or one out of Galveston. Anyone have a comparison of the magic vs. Wonder? Suggestions or advice? Thanks

Disney Fantasy January 25, 2014 (45th birthday cruise!), Disney Wonder May 17, 2014 (Weekend Getaway), Disney Dream Feb 24, 2013
Hong Kong Disneyland 2011, WDW x4, DLR CA x100 plus (Annual Pass Holder)(frequent visitor since 1969)
DVC Owner - AUL, VGC, HHI

lchute1158 is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: