Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-03-2013, 10:18 AM   #46
WebmasterJohn
Genius
Maintains the Big Book of Grievances

DISboards Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by eyesing4u View Post
I also did not have a good experience with DU. Please do not try to tell me I am being inpatient or expecting to much. I was disappointed that it took over a week to finally get a quote and then I booked the same EXACT thing on my own for less on the same day as her quote. She clearly did not know what she was doing. I have found my reading various posts that DU is very inconsistent and I probably should have requested a specific agent. I will probably try them again one day, but maybe they should be more discerning with the agents they bring on.
I am very sorry for your negative experience using Dreams Unimited Travel.

It is very important to us that you everyone receive a timely response to their requests or questions.

There certainly should not have been a price difference from what you received from Dreams Unlimited Travel and on our own through DCL.

Please send me an email at John@DreamsUnlimitedTravel.com with the name of the agent you were working with so that I can provide additional coaching as well.

WebmasterJohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2013, 11:47 AM   #47
dattlighner<3Disney
Earning My Ears

In my job, I work with the public and I definitely agree with another poster who said that people tend to post (or say) more negatives then positives. But, bad experiences are unfortunately almost always going to happen and everyone has the right to talk/vent about it.

That said, I wanted to post that I have had 2 positive experiences with DU. Our first cruise, we worked with Kelsie and she was great. And now, our second cruise, which is coming up shortly, we have been working with Kathy W. and she has been fantastic, as well!! Both DU agents have always responded in a timely manner and I have always been a happy client

dattlighner<3Disney is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 03-03-2013, 04:31 PM   #48
mgpan
Mouseketeer

Thumbs up Thanks for chiming in everyone

Quote:
Originally Posted by MAJPLO View Post
After emailing a couple times back and forth Starting Saturday (I think) I put in a quote yesterday and got an auto confirmation email right away and a generic response today. The one today said thanks for your request we will check it out with Disney and get back to you. I am new though so I'm sure existing clients get faster service.
This is about the same for us. At most, about 24 hours between any request and a response. To me, this is excellent service. If i had to use a local agent, it would be no better. And the OBC is always better through DU than anything you can find locally. Wholeheartedly recommend!
Old 03-03-2013, 04:32 PM   #49
mgpan
Mouseketeer

Kelsie is great!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by postalchick71 View Post
Kelsie is awesome
Exactly who got back in touch with me so quickly! This was my first time using them but most likely won't be the last if the customer service i've received so far keeps up. They will probably get my nod as a TA for the onboard booking I plan to do in a few weeks. I have booked myself in the past for WDW trips, but with this being a first DCL booking, i wanted someone else who could assist and answer a multitude of questions.

I also put in for quotes with two other agencies at the same time as DU and Dreams was first to respond by far. Take it FWIW, but that sold me, along with my experience to this point.

Last edited by mgpan; 03-03-2013 at 04:41 PM.
mgpan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2013, 04:57 PM   #50
bumbershoot
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiger926 View Post
No one said you couldn't participate with a differing opinion...

What people need to be mindful of is that some people will only take the negative opinions and extrapolate those across the board, and that is simply not good research.
Ah, but taking only GOOD experiences as valid opinions can make a less-happy experience feel even worse. If someone sees 20 "yay" responses and 5 "meh", and they expect to be in the majority and they aren't, it feels worse than if they've really focused on the bad and geared themselves up to *maybe* have a not-so-great experience. (or, for me, have NO experience since I still haven't gotten more than the auto-response, not even a response to my "sorry" email)

I recently booked two far in advance cruises. First one I couldn't think of a TA and booked directly. Second was the Nov '14 and I could only think of the TA I used before or DU (who would have had an OBC benefit to me). Alas, AFTER the fact I realized I could have used Costco Travel and gotten a benefit to me with both cruises.

With Costco and with another HUGE agency I looked at (again, after I booked on my own), as far as I could tell, I could book directly through them. No quote, no waiting, just immediate booking. If only the smaller agencies could do that. It would be absolutely perfect for me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by iambrink View Post
Funny i did the same thing! I guess i like to have an immediate response and it took more than 24 hours...not that long, but i was afraid the price would go up while waiting. I had checked out the same cabin for a 2 week period and this one was the cheapest, so that waiting was like playing with my money!
So you get the emotions I was having.

Even though I don't give TAs all that much to do (first Disney cruise notwithstanding, since we were trying to coordinate with family and trying to figure out the best options for us and involved one cancelled room b/c MIL wasn't allowed to travel), I think it's kind of nice to give the smaller guys the business. I could get an OBC, they get the business and a bit of money, everyone comes out better. Guess not this time!

DLR '05-'09 found within this link
DLR 7,9,12 2012 Universal Feb '12 DLR Dec '11 and Feb '12

Made weight goal 1yr8m8days after starting...currently working to maintain 85 lb loss thanks to Weight Watchers!
bumbershoot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2013, 05:44 PM   #51
WebmasterJohn
Genius
Maintains the Big Book of Grievances

DISboards Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by bumbershoot View Post
(or, for me, have NO experience since I still haven't gotten more than the auto-response, not even a response to my "sorry" email)
Just out of curiosity was one of these emails to me (John@DreamsUnlimitedTravel.com) if so I haven't received it.

I just want to make sure I didn't miss any.

WebmasterJohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2013, 07:27 PM   #52
kittymamma
Earning My Ears

Thumbs up John at DU is my new hero

A few posts ago I answered the OP's question about timely responses from DU and I gave a negative review....not scathing and I did not go WAY back to tell all the details, agents name etc. but John at DU asked that I e-mail him about my experience so I did. Well, lo and behold if I have not already received a reply in this short amount of time and he made NO excuses....imagine that in this day of "it's somebody else's fault". He had researched what I listed as problems and told me what he had gleaned by speaking with the agents involved. How refreshing !

He might have just changed my mind about using DU again. Thanks, John. Now that, folks, is how you handle a problem....and it's called good old fashion work ethic...ta da.
kittymamma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2013, 07:29 PM   #53
Tiger926
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by kittymamma
A few posts ago I answered the OP's question about timely responses from DU and I gave a negative review....not scathing and I did not go WAY back to tell all the details, agents name etc. but John at DU asked that I e-mail him about my experience so I did. Well, lo and behold if I have not already received a reply in this short amount of time and he made NO excuses....imagine that in this day of "it's somebody else's fault". He had researched what I listed as problems and told me what he had gleaned by speaking with the agents involved. How refreshing !

He might have just changed my mind about using DU again. Thanks, John. Now that, folks, is how you handle a problem....and it's called good old fashion work ethic...ta da.
Excellent!

Tiger

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards
Tiger926 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2013, 07:45 PM   #54
tweis
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by kittymamma View Post

That's great to hear!

3 Night Disney Dream May 2013 Trip report W/Navigators Link is broken so "google" "Our dreamy anniversary cruise"

5 Night Disney Dream Double Dip June 2012
tweis is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: