Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-28-2013, 09:34 PM   #1
STLDisney_Freak
I don't have a short attention span, I just.....OH look a kitty! Cats are like potato chips you can't have just one! Chihauhuas, Shih Tzus and Pugs! Oh My!

Spa villas

Thinking about talking Dh into the spa villa on our southern route next year since it will be just us but I admit I'm not real familiar with everything involved so I'm looking for experiences. What is offered? What is included? What is the process for everything. We are spa virgins so it would be a first for is.

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards so ignore my spelling.

Cruises sailed: 12/08 Magic - Western, 09/10 Wonder - DVC Member, 10/11 Dream - Bahamas, 05/13 Fantasy - Western, 03/14 -RC Brilliance of the Seas - STEELERS cruise! 10/14 - Wonder Double Dip
STLDisney_Freak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2013, 09:35 PM   #2
STLDisney_Freak
I don't have a short attention span, I just.....OH look a kitty! Cats are like potato chips you can't have just one! Chihauhuas, Shih Tzus and Pugs! Oh My!

*us

Cruises sailed: 12/08 Magic - Western, 09/10 Wonder - DVC Member, 10/11 Dream - Bahamas, 05/13 Fantasy - Western, 03/14 -RC Brilliance of the Seas - STEELERS cruise! 10/14 - Wonder Double Dip
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 03-01-2013, 10:48 AM   #3
STLDisney_Freak

No one has used the spa villa? Hmmm.

Old 03-02-2013, 11:08 PM   #4
mk12a
Earning My Ears

DH and I did the couples spa villa on the Dream in January. It was his first time getting a massage - I wanted to treat him after he ran the WDW marathon the week before. What's included depends on which package you purchase. We did the couples choice. When we first arrived, they do the foot scrub then gave us some time to relax on the balcony while they set up the massage room (they ask you beforehand what type of massages you want). They have hot tea and water available and use of a hot tub. After about 20-30 they took us back inside for the massages, which I believe were 50-60 minutes. Then we went back out on the balcony to relax some more and the brought some fruit and chocolate covered strawberries to munch on. It was an enjoyable experience, but I don't know if I would spend that much money on it again. Definitely a must-do at least once!
By the way, we are going on the 9/20/14 Southern Caribbean cruise, too!
Disney Magic - 10N Mediterranean 9/10, Disney Dream - 4N Bahamas 10/11, Disney Magic - 7N Western Caribbean 3/12, Disney Dream - 3N Bahamas 11/12, Disney Dream - 3N Bahamas 1/13, Disney Dream - 4N Bahamas 6/13, Disney Magic - 4N Bahamas 12/13, Disney Magic - 7N Southern Caribbean 9/14, Disney Dream - 4N Bahamas 12/14

mk12a is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2013, 09:50 AM   #5
STLDisney_Freak

Did you book it online or did you have to wait till you got on the ship?

Old 03-03-2013, 11:14 AM   #6
mk12a
Earning My Ears

Not able to book it online, at the spa only. So we went straight to the spa as soon as we got on the ship!
Disney Magic - 10N Mediterranean 9/10, Disney Dream - 4N Bahamas 10/11, Disney Magic - 7N Western Caribbean 3/12, Disney Dream - 3N Bahamas 11/12, Disney Dream - 3N Bahamas 1/13, Disney Dream - 4N Bahamas 6/13, Disney Magic - 4N Bahamas 12/13, Disney Magic - 7N Southern Caribbean 9/14, Disney Dream - 4N Bahamas 12/14

mk12a is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2013, 06:30 PM   #7
Aby
Obsessive and Compulsive

My hubby and I did a spa villas treatment on our Alaska cruise in 2011. I was able to book it online. Unfortunately, the morning of our planned treatments, they called and the hot tub was not working in the villa. They offered to reschedule, but since our schedule was fairly full with other bookings, we wanted to still enjoy the spa. They offered to add a 1/2 hour to any massage or do a second minor treatment as well. My hubby chose the extended massage, and I got a regular massage + a facial. We still got to spend time out on the verandah and had some tea/snacks, and so we still enjoyed it.

Unfortunately, it was my first massage, and I didn't speak up when I felt the pressure was too much (I honestly thought I was just being a wimp!) I was very sore for a day or two afterwards, but my face was lovely!

Aby
Aby is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: