Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum > Disney Cruise Meets
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-03-2013, 02:40 AM   #751
Tink2312
I didn't ask to be a princess but if the crown fits...
May take over the world ... or not

Been up since just before 6am UK time booking our port adventures and checking in (which I was able to do as soon as I logged on, well before the 3amET I thought it would be). Boarding times seemed very open - we picked 11.00-11.30am (the earliest we could pick). I can confirm very few excursions are sold out and the ones that are seem to be the private minibus tours for large groups. I can confirm Palo brunch is sold out for both days at sea - we didn't want to do it so no biggie for us. There is however decent availability for dinner.

Very excited now!!
Easter 1992 - Holiday Inn I-Drive/ Hilton St. Pete’s Beach, June 1993 - Doubletree Universal/ Hilton Clearwater, Easter 1995 - Quality Inn Plaza I-Drive,Halloween 1995 - DLP offsite, Easter 1997 - Quality Inn Plaza I-Drive, Easter 2000 - Doubletree Universal, Christmas 2000 - Courtyard by Marriot DTD/ Tradewinds Island Grande St Pete’s Beach/ Holiday Inn Universal Halloween 2001 - Cheyenne DLP, Easter 2002 - CBM DTD/ Clearwater Beach Hotel, July 2003 - Newport Bay DLP Jan 2004 - Cypress Pointe, Easter 2005 - Hawthorn Suites LBV/ Bahama Bay, July 2006 - Newport Bay DLP Christmas2006- Springhill Suites LBV, Thanksgiving 2007 - Buena Vista Palace/ Park Shore Naples/ Pop/ CSR, March/ April 2009 - Pop/ CSR/ Blue Heron Beach Resort Nov 2009 - SSR and free dining Oct 2010 - SSR and free DDP March 2011 - Solo trip to BLT Sept 2011 - DLRP Christmas/ New Year 2011 - BLT/AKV/WLV Nov 2012 - BLT/Dream 4 night Bahamas Cruise June 2013 -Magic Mediterranean 7 night cruise November 2013 - BLT February 2014 - DLP solo October 2014 - ASM, BLT & BC
Tink2312 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2013, 04:06 AM   #752
Hashim
Earning My Ears

I just booked for the following activities:
- Value Package - Nice and Monaco
- Florence and Pisa
- Taste of Rome
- Pompeii, Sorrento and Capri for Families

We are a family of 2 adults and 2 children (5 & 2).

Do you think my choicses are good?
Hashim is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 03-03-2013, 05:20 AM   #753
GIAVANNAANDNICOSMOM
Earning My Ears

Help June 1, 2013 7 night Med Cruise with kids

This is my families 3rd Disney Cruise and we are so addicted love love love Disney cruise line. But as far as our upcoming cruise I am at a loss as to what port adventures to book. I have a 17 month old and an 9yr old. Someone please help I'm going nuts as to what to choose
GIAVANNAANDNICOSMOM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2013, 07:26 AM   #754
OrangeCountyCommuter
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tink2312 View Post
Been up since just before 6am UK time booking our port adventures and checking in (which I was able to do as soon as I logged on, well before the 3amET I thought it would be). Boarding times seemed very open - we picked 11.00-11.30am (the earliest we could pick). I can confirm very few excursions are sold out and the ones that are seem to be the private minibus tours for large groups. I can confirm Palo brunch is sold out for both days at sea - we didn't want to do it so no biggie for us. There is however decent availability for dinner.

Very excited now!!
Wow.. At midnight Eastern I had lots of options on Palo. And here I was thinking I was an idiot for staying up just to book that. Guess not. We didn't book anything else as we are doing it on our own.
OrangeCountyCommuter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2013, 07:31 AM   #755
OrangeCountyCommuter
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by GIAVANNAANDNICOSMOM View Post
This is my families 3rd Disney Cruise and we are so addicted love love love Disney cruise line. But as far as our upcoming cruise I am at a loss as to what port adventures to book. I have a 17 month old and an 9yr old. Someone please help I'm going nuts as to what to choose
That a tough age span. Is the 9 year old boy or girl? If it's a boy he might enjoy some of the Colossum tours in Rome

With a little one like that you might think about mixing it up. Since the port days are back to back I wouldn't pick long excursions every day. Rome is a long day so you might look for shorter ones on the days preceeding and following.

The problem is that IMHO Italy is not exactly "stroller friendly" LOL! So you are going to have haul that 17 month old a lot even with a stroller (For example, I can't imagine trying to do Pompeii with a stoller... there was very little 'level and flat' there )

Hopefully others with small kids might have some ideas. I have been reading trip reports from prior Med cruises to get my ideas...
Old 03-03-2013, 08:29 AM   #756
tinkertaylor05
DIS Veteran

Quote:
First off

I think the pp gave some good advice about not trying to do too much with a little one that age.

I don't know where you're from or what you're into. If you're used to the heat that shouldn't be a problem to worry about, I'd think about what you'd like to do yourself if you didn't have kids and then look for a good compromise

WDW SSR/DCL EBTA May 2014, DCL Magic Med June 2013, Hotel New York September 2012, Disneyland Hotel December 2011, Hotel New York February 2011, Hotel New York June 2010
tinkertaylor05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2013, 09:02 AM   #757
Kirbo
Runs with Scissors

Quote:
Originally Posted by OrangeCountyCommuter View Post
It's 12:30 in the morning.. so what am I doing up. I just booked our Palo Brunch LOL! (Couldn't do check in, I don't have my mom's passport info handy and need to discuss charging with her)

Just for the sake of those who have to wait for the 75 day window I played around. Looks to me like just about everything is still open. I didn't see any excursions sold out and had lots of options on spa and Palo.

Off to bed!
I checked in right after 9PM Pacific time and already there was only one option for Palo brunch on the first sea day. I was really surprised by that! But dinner was wide open. And all of the excursions seemed open as well.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Evad View Post
Stayed up and did the same!!! I have all things we wanted booked. I was getting worried because the DCL website was down most of the night but right at midnight it came on!!! Woo Hoo
Me, too! I was playing around a little earlier and the website was down making me very nervous! So glad it came back up in time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinkertaylor05 View Post
Well done everyone who got booked this weekend

We're not due until the end being first timers

What does everyone usually do with the kids check in for clubs online or onboard?
Check them in online and then you still need to check in at the port (or on the boat), but it goes quicker. You need to get the wrist band at that time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tink2312 View Post

Very excited now!!

When I checked in, maybe 10 minutes after 9pm Pacific, there was ONE option for brunch . I snagged it and just hope that we'll be able to add my family that is traveling with us once on the boat.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hashim View Post
I just booked for the following activities:
- Value Package - Nice and Monaco
- Florence and Pisa
- Taste of Rome
- Pompeii, Sorrento and Capri for Families

We are a family of 2 adults and 2 children (5 & 2).

Do you think my choicses are good?
I think those sound great!

Quote:
Wow.. At midnight Eastern I had lots of options on Palo. And here I was thinking I was an idiot for staying up just to book that. Guess not. We didn't book anything else as we are doing it on our own.
You were very smart! I wish I'd gotten on a few minutes earlier since I didn't get choices for brunch, just 10am on the first sea day.

Quote:

We are doing the EBTA and taking Disney Air to Galveston and then back home from Barcelona. I had no trouble checking us in on the first half of our trip, the EBTA, but i was unable to check us in for the second leg, the Med portion. (Thankfully, I was able to book excursions and Palo even though I couldn't check in.) It wanted my return flight info. Um, I don't have that yet as they haven't given it to me yet . When I checked in for the EBTA it didn't require that as it said they were taking care of it, so now, of course , I'm worried that they have my stuff messed up and have forgotten they are flying us home after the Med. Ugh. I did specifically ask my travel agent about it when originally booking, so I'll call them in a bit and have them look into it. I know it'll all be worked out, but it still makes me nervous.

We have family, my mom, dad, aunt and uncle, meeting us for the Med portion of this trip. None of them has ever cruised before. I know there won't be any Palo spot by the time they check in. Do you all think we'll be able to add them to our dinner and brunch reservations on embarkation?

We were supposed to be booking all private tours with my family, but due to some unforeseen circumstances, all planning with them has ground to a halt. I went ahead and booked my husband and our daughters via DCL. If planning with my family picks back up we will likely cancel our DCL excursions.

I'm getting excited!
Old 03-03-2013, 09:45 AM   #758
OrangeCountyCommuter
DIS Veteran

The online check in made me laugh. It is apparent they are just using the Port Canveral stuff. I am just going to make stuff up to get past that.
Old 03-03-2013, 10:30 AM   #759
Tink2312
I didn't ask to be a princess but if the crown fits...
May take over the world ... or not

Quote:
Originally Posted by OrangeCountyCommuter

Very smart. If we'd wanted a Palo ressie, I'd have put my alarm on for 4.45am lol. I couldn't believe it had all booked up, but as we weren't interested in doing that, I'm just glad we got the excursions/ boarding time we wanted.
Easter 1992 - Holiday Inn I-Drive/ Hilton St. Pete’s Beach, June 1993 - Doubletree Universal/ Hilton Clearwater, Easter 1995 - Quality Inn Plaza I-Drive,Halloween 1995 - DLP offsite, Easter 1997 - Quality Inn Plaza I-Drive, Easter 2000 - Doubletree Universal, Christmas 2000 - Courtyard by Marriot DTD/ Tradewinds Island Grande St Pete’s Beach/ Holiday Inn Universal Halloween 2001 - Cheyenne DLP, Easter 2002 - CBM DTD/ Clearwater Beach Hotel, July 2003 - Newport Bay DLP Jan 2004 - Cypress Pointe, Easter 2005 - Hawthorn Suites LBV/ Bahama Bay, July 2006 - Newport Bay DLP Christmas2006- Springhill Suites LBV, Thanksgiving 2007 - Buena Vista Palace/ Park Shore Naples/ Pop/ CSR, March/ April 2009 - Pop/ CSR/ Blue Heron Beach Resort Nov 2009 - SSR and free dining Oct 2010 - SSR and free DDP March 2011 - Solo trip to BLT Sept 2011 - DLRP Christmas/ New Year 2011 - BLT/AKV/WLV Nov 2012 - BLT/Dream 4 night Bahamas Cruise June 2013 -Magic Mediterranean 7 night cruise November 2013 - BLT February 2014 - DLP solo October 2014 - ASM, BLT & BC
Tink2312 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2013, 11:24 AM   #760
valbob89
DIS Veteran

If anyone has information that we can add to the itinerary on the first posting, please let me know. Do we know which night is formal, semi-formal, pirates etc.? val
valbob89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2013, 11:40 AM   #761
OrangeCountyCommuter
DIS Veteran

Pirate night is night 6. That is all I figured out last night
Old 03-03-2013, 02:39 PM   #762
DisneyMouseHouse

Help! I am a DIS Addict!

Custom Lanyard Badge

Since several of you have shown an interest in a customized lanyard BADGE, I'm posting a link to the form - please fill this out so that it makes it easy for me (I don't have to re-type all of your names, etc....) - PS - if the form looks familiar and you are on the EBTA, it's because I borrowed it from there! )

Link to form is here:
https://docs.google.com/forms/d/17kX...lG2TM/viewform

Val - if you want to copy/paste this onto first post, go for it! Thanks!
"I don't suffer from insanity, I enjoy every minute of it."

Our Travels
DisneyMouseHouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2013, 04:12 PM   #763
OrangeCountyCommuter
DIS Veteran

Are people really getting all done up for Formal night?

I just don't see us doing that. It's not that we don't like to dress up or know how (LOL!), but... we are spending a week in France touring first. There's a limit on how much luggage the "porter" (AKA as me!) is willing to haul around (My mom is not hauling luggage. She managed to break both wrists a few years ago and.... we have some limitations!) So I don't see formal dresses, heels etc fitting in that luggage. (We are into black and I do have some fancy scarves and fake diamonds that can "Dress" up the basic black....)
Old 03-03-2013, 05:31 PM   #764
Kirbo
Runs with Scissors

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisneyMouseHouse View Post
Since several of you have shown an interest in a customized lanyard BADGE, I'm posting a link to the form - please fill this out so that it makes it easy for me (I don't have to re-type all of your names, etc....) - PS - if the form looks familiar and you are on the EBTA, it's because I borrowed it from there! )

Link to form is here:
https://docs.google.com/forms/d/17kX...lG2TM/viewform

Val - if you want to copy/paste this onto first post, go for it! Thanks!
Done, thank you!

Quote:
Are people really getting all done up for Formal night?

I just don't see us doing that. It's not that we don't like to dress up or know how (LOL!), but... we are spending a week in France touring first. There's a limit on how much luggage the "porter" (AKA as me!) is willing to haul around (My mom is not hauling luggage. She managed to break both wrists a few years ago and.... we have some limitations!) So I don't see formal dresses, heels etc fitting in that luggage. (We are into black and I do have some fancy scarves and fake diamonds that can "Dress" up the basic black....)
We have dressed up way more in the past than we're doing this time around. Horror of horrors, my father might actually be wearing jeans . But we'll all look respectable, my girls and me in dresses, DH in khakis and a button-down. We're going to be traveling for three weeks and are worried about luggage restrictions. And I don't want to be doing too much laundry!
Old 03-03-2013, 06:12 PM   #765
lilpooh108
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kirbo View Post
We are doing the EBTA and taking Disney Air to Galveston and then back home from Barcelona. I had no trouble checking us in on the first half of our trip, the EBTA, but i was unable to check us in for the second leg, the Med portion. (Thankfully, I was able to book excursions and Palo even though I couldn't check in.) It wanted my return flight info. Um, I don't have that yet as they haven't given it to me yet . When I checked in for the EBTA it didn't require that as it said they were taking care of it, so now, of course , I'm worried that they have my stuff messed up and have forgotten they are flying us home after the Med. Ugh. I did specifically ask my travel agent about it when originally booking, so I'll call them in a bit and have them look into it. I know it'll all be worked out, but it still makes me nervous.
I'm also unable to check in for us. It's been crashing (since last night) at the part after I enter the flight info.

I click save and it goes to an Error page. I'm using Chrome.

Anyone else?
lilpooh108 is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: