Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Restaurants
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-02-2013, 08:18 PM   #16
danceteachermom
Mouseketeer

We stayed at POFQ in January. The boat ride to and from DTD is so pleasant. We loved WPE in DTD. It is CS but the food is high quality. You order and they bring it out to your table. We have eaten there about five times the last two trips and it always pleases everyone.

We like CP for breakfast. Great character interaction and delicious brunch food.

At AK we enjoyed Yak and Yeti on our last visit.

When at MK consider taking the monorail to a resort for lunch. It is a nice break and the restaurants are not crowded. Then you can head back to MK or to POFQ for a rest.

We have been many times and our family decided just one ADR per day is what works best for us. We hate too feel too over-scheduled.
danceteachermom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2013, 09:41 PM   #17
emmabemmainc
DIS Veteran

I would definitely do Akershus--but for breakfast. The food is good and lots of princess interaction.
Tusker House was also great--in fact it was one of our favorites during our last trip--we also went for breakfast. (I have been for lunch also, but don't think they had characters for that one)
Crystal Palace is one of my definitely favorites--great food and good characters. I have been to CP for breakfast, lunch and dinner--and liked breakfast the best.
Does LTT have characters again? If so, I'd do that as well.
CRT is fun, but also pricey (but a great experience!).
My other favorites are 50s PT, 'Ohana, Kouzzina, CG, Narcoossee's and Jiko. Oh--we also loved WCC--that was fun and the food was pretty decent.
I have also been to 1900 PF for breakfast--the characters were mostly from Alice and Wonderland--the Mad Hatter was hilarious!
Register to remove

Old 03-02-2013, 11:54 PM   #18
fuzzlekins
Mouseketeer

Not sure which DP, if any, you are doing but that would make a big difference. My fave CS is Sunshine Seasons at Epcot. I also like Pizzafari and Flame Tree in AK. Other than those, no CS has really stuck with me. For character meals (your daughter should love them; not sure about your son), our fave was Chef Mickey's for breakfast. We did Akershus and liked it well enough but not really any more or less than other character meals we've done. But if you're looking for princesses, I would definitely do that one over CRT based on the price difference alone! We also really enjoyed Tusker House at AK for lunch. Other fave TS - 50s Prime Time at HS, BOG at MK, Biergarten at Epcot, and Rose & Crown at Epcot (get a late reservation for a chance to view Illuminations w/o dealing w/ the crowds). T-Rex is a really cool themed restaurant at DTD. We loved the atmosphere; food was average to the best of my recollection.

Restaurants we wouldn't return to: Kouzzina and Coral Reef. Disappointed in the first and did NOT like the seafood at the second (all farm raised!!).

If your hubby wants higher quality food, you may want to try some signature restaurants, again depending on your DP and how much you can tolerate OOP. We're doing the DxDP next time so we can do some signature restaurants for dinner, character meals for breakfast, and just snacks around lunchtime etc. We found 3 meals/day way too much (even though we eat 3 meals/day at home).

Have fun and check out those menus!
1/31-2/9/14
fuzzlekins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2013, 01:12 PM   #19
ammeador2
DIS Veteran

My DH LOVES, LOVES, LOVES breakfast at Princess Storybook in Norway. I am in big trouble if I don't book this! Did I mention he loves it?!? The food is always great and there is a great variety of characters. I love CRT but I don't like the price whether OOP or using 2 dining credits so for me Norway is cheaper and all around a better bang for my buck.

My son is 6 his favorite is Chef Mickey's
My daughter is almost 8 and her favorite is either breakfast with Mary Poppins, Alice, Mad Hatter at 1900 Park Fare or dinner with Cinderella and the step sisters at 1900 Park Fare.

Boma is my personal favorite place to eat. I love wide variety of food and even my pickiest eaters can find something to eat.
Old 03-03-2013, 02:04 PM   #20
nkereina
Wendy Darling

Didn't get to read all the replies but I agree with the PP who said to cancel the BBQ. Its not worth 2 TS credits, its very simple BBQ food (hot dogs, burgers) that is sometimes not good, and its weather permitting since its outdoors so you are dealing with the elements as well. And if your husband is concerned with quality food, this would be a definite no go for me.

Chef Mickey's is a good choice to see Mickey. Tusker House was one of our favorite meals, and is our favorite breakfast. The characters are good and in their safari gear, and Tusker House is such a detailed, unique restaurant.
nkereina is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: