Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Restaurants
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-02-2013, 06:06 AM   #1
Disney_Princess83
DIS Veteran

Experience at Anandapur Yak and Yeti Restaurant with Peanut Allergy?

Hi everyone!

We are travelling with someone that has peanut, soy, coconut, sesame allergies. There isn't a cross contamination problem and it's not a problem if other people at the table eat these things. Someone else in our party really wants to try Yak and Yeti. We know how wonderful Disney is with allergies but after looking at the menu, this particular restaurant looks very heavy on soy, coconut and sesame. Almost everything in the menu has one of these things. It's not really an option to separate for the meal (it would mean one person eating alone)

Anyone have experience with Yak and Yeti and going "off the menu" especially in regard to these allergies?

Thank you

Almost 6 Weeks at Disney.... it's Happened! October & November 2013! Trip Report and Food Review to Follow Soon

Starbucks has arrived at WDW! MK, EPCOT and soon the entire World!
Add me on Twitter: @OzGoofyPrincess

Last edited by Disney_Princess83; 03-02-2013 at 06:13 AM.
Disney_Princess83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2013, 12:33 PM   #2
disfan07
DIS Veteran

I am allergic to all four of those things as well plus 7 other allergens. I am cross contamination allergic to peanuts though.

Personally, I would never step foot into that place. It's just way too much of a risk for me personally. But I am very very sensitive when it comes to allergens.

Also, if I remember correctly, yak and yeti is not owned by Disney (someone correct me if I'm wrong) which makes me more skeptical to try them.
All Star Sports (2007, 2008); All Star Music (2001); Caribbean Beach (1992, 1994, 1996, 1997, 1999); Coronado Springs (2004); Port Orleans French Quarter (2007); Port Orleans Riverside (2014); Wilderness Lodge (2006); Pop Century (2010, 2012); Saratoga Springs (2013); The Contemporary (2013); Grand Floridian (2014)
disfan07 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 03-02-2013, 05:44 PM   #3
Disney_Princess83
DIS Veteran

Thank you for replying We had trouble with a few restaurants on property with allergies. Nine Dragons (which isn't owned by Disney) and 50's Prime Time (which is Disney owned)

Quote:
Originally Posted by disfan07 View Post
I am allergic to all four of those things as well plus 7 other allergens. I am cross contamination allergic to peanuts though.

Personally, I would never step foot into that place. It's just way too much of a risk for me personally. But I am very very sensitive when it comes to allergens.

Also, if I remember correctly, yak and yeti is not owned by Disney (someone correct me if I'm wrong) which makes me more skeptical to try them.

Almost 6 Weeks at Disney.... it's Happened! October & November 2013! Trip Report and Food Review to Follow Soon

Old 03-02-2013, 09:12 PM   #4
TDC Nala
1937, what a year that was
Diet Coke on Ice or Else
I apparently don't do anything they want to stimulate

DISboards Moderator

Are you talking about the table service or the outdoor counter service? Not sure you can risk it at the counter service. The table service, you might be able to if they are able to be in a restaurant where guests at other tables are eating the items they are allergic to. The above is correct, they are not operated by Disney, but you can make a notation of the allergy on the reservation just as you would at a Disney-operated restaurant.
Old 03-02-2013, 11:11 PM   #5
Disney_Princess83
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by TDC Nala View Post
Are you talking about the table service or the outdoor counter service? Not sure you can risk it at the counter service. The table service, you might be able to if they are able to be in a restaurant where guests at other tables are eating the items they are allergic to. The above is correct, they are not operated by Disney, but you can make a notation of the allergy on the reservation just as you would at a Disney-operated restaurant.
I was talking about the table service. We have been past the counter service and were advised by the staff there not to risk cross contamination due to how many of their menu items had the allergens in question.

Someone in our group really wants to eat here and while we know Disney is usually very good, their menu is full of items that we need to avoid. I think we will end up skipping this one.

Old 03-03-2013, 09:11 AM   #6
Cassushi
Mouseketeer

I have Oral Allergy Syndrome, where I have at least 20 different food allergies. I have never had an issue at Yak & Yeti and have eaten there 5 times. Just simply tell your server you have a food allergy and a chef will come out and talk to you. Hope this helps.
Old 03-03-2013, 11:16 AM   #7
disfan07
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Disney_Princess83 View Post
I was talking about the table service. We have been past the counter service and were advised by the staff there not to risk cross contamination due to how many of their menu items had the allergens in question.

Someone in our group really wants to eat here and while we know Disney is usually very good, their menu is full of items that we need to avoid. I think we will end up skipping this one.
Maybe an alternative would be for anyone who wants to eat at yak and yeti to get something from the CS and than the person with allergies (and anyone else who wants to) can go grab something somewhere else and everyone can meet up and eat together.

I know flame tree and pizzafarri were both wonderful with my allergies back in 2010 (only allergies were peanuts, tree nuts, eggs, shellfish). We didn't go to AK this past December but everyone was great with my regular allergies and my OAS allergies.
All Star Sports (2007, 2008); All Star Music (2001); Caribbean Beach (1992, 1994, 1996, 1997, 1999); Coronado Springs (2004); Port Orleans French Quarter (2007); Port Orleans Riverside (2014); Wilderness Lodge (2006); Pop Century (2010, 2012); Saratoga Springs (2013); The Contemporary (2013); Grand Floridian (2014)
disfan07 is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: