Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-28-2013, 06:46 PM   #331
lilpooh108
DIS Veteran

Hi 7-night Med cruisers

I just logged in and for my 7-nighter, Pirate night is listed as Night 6, from 9:45 p.m to 10:30 p.m.

Dunno if this helps anybody planning, but now I'm super excited My booking window is coming up soon so that will be fun.

Here's a copy & paste:

Day 6
Thu, Jun 6
Naples (Pompeii), Italy
09:45 pm
(until 10:30 pm)
lilpooh108 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2013, 06:52 PM   #332
ruadisneyfan2
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilpooh108 View Post
Hi 7-night Med cruisers

I just logged in and for my 7-nighter, Pirate night is listed as Night 6, from 9:45 p.m to 10:30 p.m.

Dunno if this helps anybody planning, but now I'm super excited My booking window is coming up soon so that will be fun.

Here's a copy & paste:

Day 6
Thu, Jun 6
Naples (Pompeii), Italy
09:45 pm
(until 10:30 pm)
Thanks for sharing! I hope we can stay up that late after 4 consecutive long days of touring. At least we can sleep in the next day.
Register to remove

Old 02-28-2013, 07:06 PM   #333
lilpooh108
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by ruadisneyfan2 View Post
Thanks for sharing! I hope we can stay up that late after 4 consecutive long days of touring. At least we can sleep in the next day.
I hear ya! I'm so looking forward to that sea day we're getting. During planning last year we thought it'd be a good idea to extend our stay by going to Paris...but I'm gonna be SO TIRED when we get off that cruise. Not that I'm complaining or anything
Old 02-28-2013, 07:12 PM   #334
ruadisneyfan2
DIS Veteran

Quote:
I hear ya! I'm so looking forward to that sea day we're getting. During planning last year we thought it'd be a good idea to extend our stay by going to Paris...but I'm gonna be SO TIRED when we get off that cruise. Not that I'm complaining or anything
That sounds nice. Do it now while you're young. By the time your baby's old enough to drive, it even sounds exhausting.
Old 02-28-2013, 07:16 PM   #335
lilpooh108
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by ruadisneyfan2 View Post
That sounds nice. Do it now while you're young. By the time your baby's old enough to drive, it even sounds exhausting.
Well my kids are only 3 & 1 right now, but I'm so tired most days I *feel* old.
Old 03-02-2013, 07:34 PM   #336
blessed2x
Earning My Ears

We are booked for June 2014 and like many of you, we plan on arriving in Barcelona early (2 nights) and then afterward to Paris for 3/4 nights. There is 6 of us. Any suggestions on where to stay in Barcelona and Pairs? Thanks for all the great ideas regarding the trip already! This is one that needs to be well planned!

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards
blessed2x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2013, 08:52 PM   #337
nzdisneymom
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by blessed2x
We are booked for June 2014 and like many of you, we plan on arriving in Barcelona early (2 nights) and then afterward to Paris for 3/4 nights. There is 6 of us. Any suggestions on where to stay in Barcelona and Pairs? Thanks for all the great ideas regarding the trip already! This is one that needs to be well planned!

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards
We are using DCL hotel pre-cruise mostly for convenience and a bit of a splurge. There are a couple of threads about Barcelona hotels that once the search is working again might help, but I think the best thing for the 2014ers is to watch for reports as the 2013ers come back. In fact, once it's time for the 2013 season to begin, perhaps someone will start a review thread for us to put our hotel and excursion reviews in one place.

Ending the holidays ~ January 3 - 6 ~ Saratoga Springs
Girlfriends Trip ~ February 25 - 27 ~ Grand Floridian
Spring Break ~ March 16 - 23 ~ Animal Kingdom Kidani Villas
Hawaiian Vacation ~ June 9 - 15 ~ Aulani
Blogged our B2B Mediterranean Cruises 2013
nzdisneymom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2013, 11:02 PM   #338
gatorfreud
DIS Veteran

That's a great idea! I am dying for you guys to go so I can get firsthand reports!

I am 2014 too and looking at staying here in Barcelona. We will be there 2 nights pre-cruise.

http://www.tripadvisor.com/Hotel_Rev...Catalonia.html

Hey I think you are on my cruise too! Or I'm on yours! Hahah. June 7 right?
3/07 - All Star Sports
7/07 - Disney's Vero Beach
11/07 - MVMCP, POR and Coronado Springs
1/08 - Disneyland
3/08 - Camping at Fort Wilderness
6/08 - Saratoga Springs and SWW!
10/08- DLR, GCH no kids!
11/08 - DLR, DLH Thanksgiving
4/09- Off site
6/09 - CBR and Poly
9/09- DLR, DLH
gatorfreud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2013, 01:23 AM   #339
lilpooh108
DIS Veteran

WOW. The cruisers on my 6/1 Med cruise are no joke. It's probably b/c there are alot of Gold & Plats doing back to back w/the EBTA.

I logged on "late" at 12:23 a.m. EST. Checked Palo Brunch, and Palo Dinner. Availability looked good. I'm Silver, btw (will be Gold after this cruise).

For our 9 people, I booked our DCL excursions first since we have nothing else planned. Pretty important, got what we wanted.

Then I booked our DCL excursions for ports which we may or may not need it. Offerings for Rome don't look that good.

Returned to Palo Brunch & Dinners---hardly anything left, can't get a table of 4 for anything. Alright, that's fine. We'll eat 2x2.

No more good Swedish spa appts or manicures. Only things left are on Port days....

OK....

Returned to Palo & Brunch ressies at 2:21 a.m EST, and there is absolutely no Palo Brunch left at all. None. I know things will open up but this is ridiculous

It's like BLACK FRIDAY but for DCL ressies. My goodness.
Old 03-03-2013, 04:51 AM   #340
Disney mam
Mouseketeer

Quote:
WOW. The cruisers on my 6/1 Med cruise are no joke. It's probably b/c there are alot of Gold & Plats doing back to back w/the EBTA.

I logged on "late" at 12:23 a.m. EST. Checked Palo Brunch, and Palo Dinner. Availability looked good. I'm Silver, btw (will be Gold after this cruise).

For our 9 people, I booked our DCL excursions first since we have nothing else planned. Pretty important, got what we wanted.

Then I booked our DCL excursions for ports which we may or may not need it. Offerings for Rome don't look that good.

Returned to Palo Brunch & Dinners---hardly anything left, can't get a table of 4 for anything. Alright, that's fine. We'll eat 2x2.

No more good Swedish spa appts or manicures. Only things left are on Port days....

OK....

Returned to Palo & Brunch ressies at 2:21 a.m EST, and there is absolutely no Palo Brunch left at all. None. I know things will open up but this is ridiculous

LOL I guess the rest of us will have to make do with the scraps.

I am holding tight for Rome as I think the new Pope will bring many visitors into the city especially on a Wednesday (when the pope comes out to wave).

I didn't plan on going into the Sistine chapel with my boys, but will may give it a miss completely depending on how popular the Vatican City is when we are there.

Med 7 night navigators 2013:
http://smg.photobucket.com/user/kiki...d%20Navigators
Disney mam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2013, 08:07 AM   #341
Celestine
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Disney mam View Post

I am holding tight for Rome as I think the new Pope will bring many visitors into the city especially on a Wednesday (when the pope comes out to wave).

I didn't plan on going into the Sistine chapel with my boys, but will may give it a miss completely depending on how popular the Vatican City is when we are there.
Don't forget they don't release everything to book on-line so you may get what you want on board if you head straight to the Palo reservation area

Celestine

12 night Baltic July 2015
7 night repo Dover - Barcelona August 2015

DVC Member since November 2007
Previous: 6 x Disney cruise inc EB PC repo'08, Baltics '10 & Venice Med '13
DL - 2008 & 2012
WDW - lucky enough to be losing count!
Celestine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2013, 09:24 AM   #342
tinkertaylor05
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Disney mam View Post

I'm there with ya

I don't want anything so it's all good just to do kids club and pat.

We're bypassing Vatican City all together I will look at it a smile from the other side of the Tiber and that suits me just fine this time around.

WDW SSR/DCL EBTA May 2014, DCL Magic Med June 2013, Hotel New York September 2012, Disneyland Hotel December 2011, Hotel New York February 2011, Hotel New York June 2010
tinkertaylor05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2013, 09:31 AM   #343
TammyAlphabet
DIS Veteran
Life Member - "exclusive tag fairy club"
Enjoys sour grapes

Quote:

OK....

This doesn't surprise me at all.
TammyAlphabet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2013, 09:42 AM   #344
OrangeCountyCommuter
DIS Veteran

Makes me feel better about staying up past midnight to book Palo. We wanted brunch the second sea day and had no problem getting a seating for 2.

Not doing DCL excursions or spa so....that was it. Didn't do check in will have to do that later.
OrangeCountyCommuter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2013, 10:52 AM   #345
Disney mam
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Celestine View Post
Don't forget they don't release everything to book on-line so you may get what you want on board if you head straight to the Palo reservation area

Celestine
Thanks

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinkertaylor05 View Post
I'm there with ya

I don't want anything so it's all good just to do kids club and pat.

We're bypassing Vatican City all together I will look at it a smile from the other side of the Tiber and that suits me just fine this time around.
I plan on doing most ports on my own so I can go at a nice easy pace for the kids, also I have troubled knees and may need to rest. I will be doing the Colosseum for sure and the forum. Hope to do the Trevi and steps, but I am just trying to be reasonable with my day and not try and do too much!!!

Med 7 night navigators 2013:
http://smg.photobucket.com/user/kiki...d%20Navigators
Disney mam is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: