Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Restaurants
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-02-2013, 05:43 PM   #1
rebelbuddhist
Mouseketeer

Question TS Restaurants that don't accept Disney Gift Cards?

We will not be purchasing any DDP on our trip this July and paying for all meals OOP. We have been advised to purchase Disney Gift Cards to pay so we don't need lots of cash. But we are having trouble finding a list of TS restaurants that do, for sure, accept gift cards. We know that non Disney owned restaurants don't accept Disney gift cards. But is there a list somewhere of restaurants that are not Disney owned? If a restaurant participates in DDP would that mean they are Disney owned and accept Disney gift cards? We know that Rain Tree Forest does not and Shula's Steakhouse does not but are specifically interested in Artist Point, Le Cellier, Narcoosee's, Coral Reef, BoG, Tony's, Plaza, Yak and Yeti, Wolfgang Puck's, Chef Paul's, Tutto Italia, Biergarten, Garden Grill, Tusker House, and some others. Thanks in advance for any advice.
rebelbuddhist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2013, 08:27 PM   #2
myAAbatteries&aTD
DIS Veteran

We always use our Disney rewards card from Chase, which I'm guessing would be in the same catergory as a Disney gift card. We've used it in several restaurants that you've listed. If you are at a park or one of the Disney hotels you for sure won't have a problem. We stick to those b/c we know there won't be any issue. We also use the card to buy snacks at the kiosks..... Good luck!
myAAbatteries&aTD is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 03-02-2013, 11:16 PM   #3
CarrieR
DIS Veteran

I've yet to come across somewhere that does not. Just for reference, we have used them at the following from your list:

Le Cellier, Be Our Guest, Plaza, and Tusker House. Also, the Joffrey's coffee kiosks DO take the gift cards.

Of your list, the only ones that are not Disney owned are Yak and Yeti and Wolfgang Puck's -- and I am not sure about Chef Paul's or Tutto Italia. If Rainforest does not accept gcs, Y&Y probably does not either as I believe they are both owned by the same parent company but I am truly not sure about that.

We use GCs for absolutely everything and have never had a problem. However, we are careful to stay with the Disney owned and operated locations for allergy reasons, so I am not sure that's really helpful to what you're looking for.
CarrieR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2013, 11:30 PM   #4
Itinkso
Faith.Trust.Pixie Dust

Wolfgang Puck DOES accept Disney Gift cards. They also accept Disney Rewards Dollars/Cards from Chase Visa.
WDW 6/14 - Off-site; 2/14 - AoA; 12/13 - Off-site; 1/13 - AKL; 10/12 - Pop; 4/12 - Off-site; 11/10 - BWI CL; 8/10 - POR; 7/09 - POFQ; 4/04 - ASMo; 2/97 - CBR ~ DLP 7/2012 ~ DLR - Mother Ship ~ August 6, 2005 - Magical Cruise of the Mexican Riviera ~ Sept. 29, 2012 Fantasy Western Caribbean
Itinkso is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: