Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Just for Fun > Community Board > Games
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts
 
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read





Reply
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread
Old 02-26-2013, 09:36 AM   #841
bobbiwoz
I'm happy to dance with you
I have 2 opinions
We had tried usual things to keep them away, including something like coyote urine, it is sold in hardware stores by us
 
bobbiwoz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: Washington Township OH and Cape May NJ
Posts: 58,198

Thanks for the kind words! My shirt was a gift from a friend when my first DGD was born 10 years ago!

Things are quiet here!

Bobbi
__________________
bobbiwoz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2013, 04:25 AM   #842
PrincessInOz
in
Catch you at the other end
 
PrincessInOz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Melbourne Australia
Posts: 86,382

I've hit a super busy patch at work. So I've "volunteering" to work 5 days for the next month to see if we can get some push happening on this project.
__________________

Disneyland - Dec 1986, May 1990, Dec 1997, Aug 2003, Jun 2005, Jul 2007 TR, Nov 2008, Jan 2011 and Nov 2012 Another Mad Dash TR
Walt Disney World - Jun 2005, May 2010 (POR, BCV) PTR || TR, Oct 2010 (CSR) PTR || TR, Oct 2013 Anyone Game? PTR || TR in progress
Hong Kong Disneyland - Mar/Apr 2012 TR
PrincessInOz is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Join Date: 1997
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 1,000,000
Old 02-27-2013, 06:27 AM   #843
bobbiwoz
I'm happy to dance with you
I have 2 opinions
We had tried usual things to keep them away, including something like coyote urine, it is sold in hardware stores by us
 
bobbiwoz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: Washington Township OH and Cape May NJ
Posts: 58,198

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrincessInOz View Post
I've hit a super busy patch at work. So I've "volunteering" to work 5 days for the next month to see if we can get some push happening on this project.
I wish you success in your efforts!
__________________
bobbiwoz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2013, 04:14 AM   #844
PrincessInOz
in
Catch you at the other end
 
PrincessInOz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Melbourne Australia
Posts: 86,382

Thanks.
__________________

Disneyland - Dec 1986, May 1990, Dec 1997, Aug 2003, Jun 2005, Jul 2007 TR, Nov 2008, Jan 2011 and Nov 2012 Another Mad Dash TR
Walt Disney World - Jun 2005, May 2010 (POR, BCV) PTR || TR, Oct 2010 (CSR) PTR || TR, Oct 2013 Anyone Game? PTR || TR in progress
Hong Kong Disneyland - Mar/Apr 2012 TR
PrincessInOz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2013, 06:57 PM   #845
PrincessInOz
in
Catch you at the other end
 
PrincessInOz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Melbourne Australia
Posts: 86,382

I've been taking a look at WDW tickets through Undercover Tourists. Would love some opinions here....

I'm at the World for 7 full days. We want to fit in a day at one of the Water Parks; possibly Blizzard Beach...and a MNSSHP.

If I buy a 7 day park hopper and water fun ticket, it will be about $376 per person.


I was considering the option of buying a 6 day park hopper and water fun ticket. The cost is about $366 per person. There is a $10 saving per person, which amounts to $30. I suspect that will cover 0.5 of a MNSSHP ticket.

I know I could just get the 7 day park hopper and not have to think about it. But I was thinking....if I get the 6 day park hopper, we could fit in Blizzard Beach in the morning and MNSSHP at night; which would cover that extra day.

Its unlikely that we would head to another park on that day....am I overthinking this? Should I just get the 7 day and be done?
__________________

Disneyland - Dec 1986, May 1990, Dec 1997, Aug 2003, Jun 2005, Jul 2007 TR, Nov 2008, Jan 2011 and Nov 2012 Another Mad Dash TR
Walt Disney World - Jun 2005, May 2010 (POR, BCV) PTR || TR, Oct 2010 (CSR) PTR || TR, Oct 2013 Anyone Game? PTR || TR in progress
Hong Kong Disneyland - Mar/Apr 2012 TR

Last edited by PrincessInOz; 03-02-2013 at 07:08 PM.
PrincessInOz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2013, 07:05 PM   #846
PrincessInOz
in
Catch you at the other end
 
PrincessInOz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Melbourne Australia
Posts: 86,382

It's always dangerous thinking.....this close to ADRs opening.

So I think I want to experience food at:

Animal Kingdom
Tusker House. I can do this for a character meal.
Yak and Yeti. Not really sure about this one. It would be for lunch. Do I do counter service?



Epcot - less of a concern because there are so many good CS options but also because it will be F&S.
Via Napoli. I could do this for lunch. It is at Epcot; so I'm wondering if I should book an ADR or if I should just wing-it to see?
We mentioned Chefs de France, didn't we???



DHS
Hollywood Brown Derby - This is one we might all want to do for Fantasmic! We won't be able to sort out the day until the schedules come out; but what time? Did we agree on5.45pm? That is a good time for us.




MK
I don't know if there are any TS places that I'd be interested in. If there is anything, it could be the Plaza Inn???
I suspect I'll want to head to BoG; but we could either do counter service or maybe think about an ADR here.



I still need to research pesky-vegetarian for DH; but those are my initial thoughts.
__________________

Disneyland - Dec 1986, May 1990, Dec 1997, Aug 2003, Jun 2005, Jul 2007 TR, Nov 2008, Jan 2011 and Nov 2012 Another Mad Dash TR
Walt Disney World - Jun 2005, May 2010 (POR, BCV) PTR || TR, Oct 2010 (CSR) PTR || TR, Oct 2013 Anyone Game? PTR || TR in progress
Hong Kong Disneyland - Mar/Apr 2012 TR
PrincessInOz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2013, 08:45 PM   #847
bobbiwoz
I'm happy to dance with you
I have 2 opinions
We had tried usual things to keep them away, including something like coyote urine, it is sold in hardware stores by us
 
bobbiwoz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: Washington Township OH and Cape May NJ
Posts: 58,198

Hi PIO!

Yes, I think the Brown Derby/Fantasmic package was agreed upon and it seems that the schedule here comes up about 6 months ahead of time. If you go by last year, October 2012, it was offered almost daily in October, so that's good.

You mentioned going to BB and that's a lot of fun. Since you want to go to a MNSSHP, why not save the bit and buy the 6 day hopper instead of the 7. I think you would be safe doing that. You're staying at BCV and that pool is pretty great, but BB is even more fun! If I'm there when you do go to BB, I could join you for a bit at least, since I do have water parks included in my AP.

Chefs de France also has not been hard to get ADR's for, and neither has Via Napoli (DH and I will be trying that for our first time in April), I think we can wait until the Fantamic day is known before booking either of those, JMO.

Now getting an ADR for BoG is very hard! is needed!

So, I'm going to be there Wednesday to Sunday (and we're hoping for Fantasmic on Wednesday)...depending on my teaching schedule, I may be able to add Monday, but most likely I would not be staying at BCV that night. It's already full, and I won't know my teaching scheudle for a few more months.

I have no thoughts on Tusker House, I haven't eaten there since they changed to TS and characters.

Bobbi
__________________
bobbiwoz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2013, 12:37 AM   #848
PrincessInOz
in
Catch you at the other end
 
PrincessInOz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Melbourne Australia
Posts: 86,382

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobbiwoz View Post
Hi PIO!

Yes, I think the Brown Derby/Fantasmic package was agreed upon and it seems that the schedule here comes up about 6 months ahead of time. If you go by last year, October 2012, it was offered almost daily in October, so that's good.

You mentioned going to BB and that's a lot of fun. Since you want to go to a MNSSHP, why not save the bit and buy the 6 day hopper instead of the 7. I think you would be safe doing that. You're staying at BCV and that pool is pretty great, but BB is even more fun! If I'm there when you do go to BB, I could join you for a bit at least, since I do have water parks included in my AP.

Chefs de France also has not been hard to get ADR's for, and neither has Via Napoli (DH and I will be trying that for our first time in April), I think we can wait until the Fantamic day is known before booking either of those, JMO.

Now getting an ADR for BoG is very hard! is needed!

So, I'm going to be there Wednesday to Sunday (and we're hoping for Fantasmic on Wednesday)...depending on my teaching schedule, I may be able to add Monday, but most likely I would not be staying at BCV that night. It's already full, and I won't know my teaching scheudle for a few more months.

I have no thoughts on Tusker House, I haven't eaten there since they changed to TS and characters.

Bobbi
I think I would be happy with the counter service.

My schedule for BB depends on which days MNSSHP are on; and Fantasmic! and the Wishes pontoon. I wonder when the October schedule will be released? It will be easier to have this all set then...

I hope you can add Monday.
__________________

Disneyland - Dec 1986, May 1990, Dec 1997, Aug 2003, Jun 2005, Jul 2007 TR, Nov 2008, Jan 2011 and Nov 2012 Another Mad Dash TR
Walt Disney World - Jun 2005, May 2010 (POR, BCV) PTR || TR, Oct 2010 (CSR) PTR || TR, Oct 2013 Anyone Game? PTR || TR in progress
Hong Kong Disneyland - Mar/Apr 2012 TR
PrincessInOz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2013, 06:37 PM   #849
bobbiwoz
I'm happy to dance with you
I have 2 opinions
We had tried usual things to keep them away, including something like coyote urine, it is sold in hardware stores by us
 
bobbiwoz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: Washington Township OH and Cape May NJ
Posts: 58,198

Mistake, I meant I would be able to add Sunday night, stay until Monday.

The counter servicesthat I like the best are at Flame Tree Barbecue, and the food court in the Land. I have been known to go over to a Value food court, or the one at AofA because they take TiW. Need a car for that, though.
__________________
bobbiwoz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2013, 04:01 PM   #850
franandaj

Sharing adventures and good times
My heart is forever given to Fran
 
franandaj's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Long Beach, CA, VWL, BCV, SSR & VGC
Posts: 22,311

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrincessInOz View Post
It's always dangerous thinking.....this close to ADRs opening.

So I think I want to experience food at:

Animal Kingdom
Tusker House. I can do this for a character meal.
Yak and Yeti. Not really sure about this one. It would be for lunch. Do I do counter service?



Epcot - less of a concern because there are so many good CS options but also because it will be F&S.
Via Napoli. I could do this for lunch. It is at Epcot; so I'm wondering if I should book an ADR or if I should just wing-it to see?
We mentioned Chefs de France, didn't we???



DHS
Hollywood Brown Derby - This is one we might all want to do for Fantasmic! We won't be able to sort out the day until the schedules come out; but what time? Did we agree on5.45pm? That is a good time for us.




MK
I don't know if there are any TS places that I'd be interested in. If there is anything, it could be the Plaza Inn???
I suspect I'll want to head to BoG; but we could either do counter service or maybe think about an ADR here.



I still need to research pesky-vegetarian for DH; but those are my initial thoughts.
When we were there with my parents in January, we were able to do a walk up for the TS Yak & Yeti. I also really enjoyed the couple things we had from the CS there on my last trip. As Bobbi mentioned Flame Tree is really good, but not sure what they offer for Pesky Vegetarians.

As fas as BoG, I know they have a Quinoa Salad, a Tuna Nicoise and a Vegetable Quiche. I think the Potato Leek Soup is also Vegetarian, not sure on the French onion, often it is made with Beef Broth.
__________________
Alison ~~~~ Sleepy and Grumpy Visit Tatooine | Our Disney Dream Home|Keep Your Eyes on the Road | I do get to go to WDW this year! | Expo 2013 | ...It's How You Play the Game | We need a little Magic... | TR - Pinch me... | Destination D-75 TR | It'll be a WONDER ... | Cheating on Mickey w/ Harry, PTR | D23 Expo 2011 TR | D23 D40 WDW in Detail | DCA F&W Review | Jan 2010 DR Visits 2015: VGC, VWL, DCL 2014: VGC, CSR, VGF, DCL 2013: VWL, BCV, DCL, AKL, BLT, VGC, 2012: VGC, DCL, 2011: VGC, BLT, OKW 2010: THV, AKV, VGC, 2009: BWV 2008: SSR, 2007: AKL & GF, 2001: AKL, BC & DCL 1997: DXL & WL 1993: GF, DL Too many to count since 1973!
franandaj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2013, 02:53 AM   #851
PrincessInOz
in
Catch you at the other end
 
PrincessInOz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Melbourne Australia
Posts: 86,382

Quote:
Originally Posted by franandaj View Post
When we were there with my parents in January, we were able to do a walk up for the TS Yak & Yeti. I also really enjoyed the couple things we had from the CS there on my last trip. As Bobbi mentioned Flame Tree is really good, but not sure what they offer for Pesky Vegetarians.

As fas as BoG, I know they have a Quinoa Salad, a Tuna Nicoise and a Vegetable Quiche. I think the Potato Leek Soup is also Vegetarian, not sure on the French onion, often it is made with Beef Broth.
Are we watching the date to see when we can book in ADRs? I think that its from 29 March??
__________________

Disneyland - Dec 1986, May 1990, Dec 1997, Aug 2003, Jun 2005, Jul 2007 TR, Nov 2008, Jan 2011 and Nov 2012 Another Mad Dash TR
Walt Disney World - Jun 2005, May 2010 (POR, BCV) PTR || TR, Oct 2010 (CSR) PTR || TR, Oct 2013 Anyone Game? PTR || TR in progress
Hong Kong Disneyland - Mar/Apr 2012 TR
PrincessInOz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2013, 07:48 AM   #852
bobbiwoz
I'm happy to dance with you
I have 2 opinions
We had tried usual things to keep them away, including something like coyote urine, it is sold in hardware stores by us
 
bobbiwoz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: Washington Township OH and Cape May NJ
Posts: 58,198

Flame Tree had a fruit platter and yogurt which I enjoyed. I doubt they have much else that is vegetarian.
__________________
bobbiwoz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2013, 02:34 AM   #853
PrincessInOz
in
Catch you at the other end
 
PrincessInOz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Melbourne Australia
Posts: 86,382

I think Yak and Yeti and Pizzafari were the only places that looked hopeful when I researched this in 2010.
__________________

Disneyland - Dec 1986, May 1990, Dec 1997, Aug 2003, Jun 2005, Jul 2007 TR, Nov 2008, Jan 2011 and Nov 2012 Another Mad Dash TR
Walt Disney World - Jun 2005, May 2010 (POR, BCV) PTR || TR, Oct 2010 (CSR) PTR || TR, Oct 2013 Anyone Game? PTR || TR in progress
Hong Kong Disneyland - Mar/Apr 2012 TR
PrincessInOz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2013, 09:13 AM   #854
bobbiwoz
I'm happy to dance with you
I have 2 opinions
We had tried usual things to keep them away, including something like coyote urine, it is sold in hardware stores by us
 
bobbiwoz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: Washington Township OH and Cape May NJ
Posts: 58,198

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrincessInOz View Post
I think Yak and Yeti and Pizzafari were the only places that looked hopeful when I researched this in 2010.
Well, I'm game to try either if I'm there that day!
__________________
bobbiwoz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2013, 02:47 AM   #855
PrincessInOz
in
Catch you at the other end
 
PrincessInOz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Melbourne Australia
Posts: 86,382

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobbiwoz View Post
Well, I'm game to try either if I'm there that day!
__________________

Disneyland - Dec 1986, May 1990, Dec 1997, Aug 2003, Jun 2005, Jul 2007 TR, Nov 2008, Jan 2011 and Nov 2012 Another Mad Dash TR
Walt Disney World - Jun 2005, May 2010 (POR, BCV) PTR || TR, Oct 2010 (CSR) PTR || TR, Oct 2013 Anyone Game? PTR || TR in progress
Hong Kong Disneyland - Mar/Apr 2012 TR
PrincessInOz is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply



Thread Tools
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
GET OUR DIS UPDATES DELIVERED BY EMAIL



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:21 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Copyright © 1997-2014, Werner Technologies, LLC. All Rights Reserved.