Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Just for Fun > Community Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-24-2013, 10:05 AM   #2626
Domo
DIS Veteran

Prayers on the way

No trees were killed in the sending of this message. However a large number of electrons were terribly inconvenienced.
Domo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2013, 08:07 PM   #2627
Angelrose
Likes to dance in golden sun beams
Knows too many details about Gnarf, Fnarfle, Grotchy and Ronkle....yep, she needs help!! ;)
Drives me even crazier than I am

Hi 4nana. So happy to hear all your tests came out well. That is really good news.

We had a rainy day here yesterday too. The sum total of all I did was one load of wash. The rest of the day I vegged in front of the tv.

Now Friday I went to get my pancakes at IHOP. You can tell I've been there a few times. They seat me and bring me my coffee. I always get the French vanilla coffee with very little whipped cream and a saucer underneath, so I can put more of the whipped cream on there. She asked if I wanted my usual cinnamon pancakes, but I wanted the red velvet this time. Everything was great as usual. Then I stopped at Walmart to do a bit of my grocery shopping. Then I went to ShopRite to get the things that they don't have at Walmart. My last stop was Target to get a dish soap dispenser for my kitchen sink.

The one I picked out was broken when I put it on the check out. She said she would call someone. Yeah it was faster for me to just check out the few things I had and then go back and get a new one. I did that and found a nice thing to set the dispenser on that also had a place for a sponge or dish cloth. So I'm glad I went back.

Now my sink looks so neat. Funny how little things like that make me happy.

Chuck called around 2 and asked if I wanted to go to dinner. Jesse wanted to go to Red Robin. I had missed my WW meeting so I could babysit the kids. Chuck had to go to his eye doctor appointment and Karen had to work late.

We all went to pick up the kids at daycare and Jesse changed his mind and wanted to go to Olive Garden because he wanted RAVIOLIS. I love Olive Garden too, so we all went there. We had to wait about 20 minutes because it was Friday night and everyone and their grandmother were there. LOL

We all had a nice dinner and both kids were very good. When we got home, I said goodnight to the kids and gave them a hug and a kiss. Karen had to pack for her trip and I knew they would both be tired.

Before I left Chuck asked if I would help him on Sunday with the kids at swimming lessons. I have wanted to watch them swim for a while, so I was very happy.

I stayed in the car while Zoey had her lesson. Jesse played with his Leap pad and I read my Kindle. That lasted about 10 minutes. Then Jesse came up front and we had to pretend to be driving to Disney World.

I told him we would be going back there next year. He didn't understand that, so I broke it down for him. First there is Easter, then the summer time. Then Zoey's birthday when she will be 3. The Jesse starts kindergarten and then Halloween. He told me that next came his birthday and then "we eat turkey". I told him next came Christmas and then New Year's and THEN we would be going to Disney World before Valentine's day.

I told him he would be driving down with mommy and daddy and Zoey, but Grandmom would fly down. He remembered that we had a rental house and that I stayed with them there. I was surprised that he remembered that.

After that Chuck came and we all went in. Zoey was crying in the pool, but doing a great job. I clapped for her and told her she was doing great and she stopped crying and gave me a smile. Then Jesse got in. He was swimming with a kick board and a floaty on his back. He doesn't really need it anymore. He can swim the whole length of the pool by himself. He did that a bit later and then he jumped off the diving board. I got a lot of "watch this grandmom" from both kids. It was great.

After they were done we went home and I gave the kids a hug and a kiss goodby and came home. I told Chuck how much I enjoyed watching them swim and he told me that I could take his place from now on. LOL I agreed. That will give me time to chat with Karen while we watch the kids.

I had time to chat with Chuck today too. It was fun all around.

I came home and watched tv the rest of the day. Tomorrow I will get back to my full workouts.
Register to remove

Old 02-24-2013, 08:08 PM   #2628
Angelrose
Knows too many details about Gnarf, Fnarfle, Grotchy and Ronkle....yep, she needs help!! ;)

Thank you Domo for the prayers. They are much appreciated.
Old 02-24-2013, 10:11 PM   #2629
4nana
God Bless America, Land of the Free, Because of the Brave. Godspeed and thanks to our troops and their families for their sacrifices.

Say it isn't so - Red Velvet pancakes at IHOP...some I haven't tried? Now I am craving them!! Maybe after our jazz your joints aqua exercise tomorrow?!

Glad you had a good week-end and fun times with your sweet grands, I love hearing about your adventures with them . So cute how Jesse was driving you to Disney World ~ well trainned grandson you have there!!

Wonderful they are enjoying swim lessons....IMO so important to have. Our DGS#3 is on his HS swim team and we've enjoyed some of his meets, now season has ended. He's soon back to Lacrosse, which is much too rough for my liking, but we attend some games to support him . Try to spread ourselves out among their activites, which we really enjoy, but it can be hard to keep up w/at times . My, grands sure have us wrapped around their fingers.... they definitely keep our spirits young at heart and I can hardly remember life before them.
Blessed with 4 loving kiddos & IL's, 13 sweet grands, 50 Golden Years & Anniv. cruise....PRICELESS!!

There are two lasting bequests we can give our children & grandchildren: 'One is roots, the other is wings'.
~~~~~
Life is a journey ~ love makes the trip worthwhile

Grandchildren are God's reward for being a parent

"For He shall give the angels charge over thee, to keep thee safe in all thy ways" Psalms 91:11

For my dear Mom in heaven
4nana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2013, 07:33 PM   #2630
Angelrose

Oh yes you MUST try the red velvet pancakes with cream cheese drizzle on top, 4nana. Just like a red velvet cupcake.

Jesse can't wait to go back to Disney. I don't know if he remembers much about it but I know he does remember the "rental house". He remembers that because I got to stay with them the whole time. When we were on our last day there, he asked if I was going to stay with them when we got back home. When I told him I would be going to my own home, he got very upset because he didn't know how to get to my house. LOL I told him that was OK because mommy and daddy knew how to get there. Zoey is too young to remember anything about it. But I'm sure she will remember next year's trip.

While I was there on Sunday waiting for Chuck to get ready, I had Zoey on one knee and Jesse on the other. I had my legs out in front of me and was wiggling my toes. Jesse reached down and grabbed my sock. Of course Zoey had to do the same thing. They both took my socks off and then the race was on.

"Who stole my socks??" They would both say "I don't know". Then I had to chase them and "find" them. I would make a mad grab for them and somehow miss. Then I would have to chase them again. LOL It was a fun time and kept them busy until Chuck was ready to go. I did finally get my socks back.

I love to play these make up games with them. I just love to hear them laugh so hard. Fun times.
Old 02-27-2013, 10:12 AM   #2631
snapppyd

Is the daughter a member of the Dis?
Every day seems to be April Fool's Day on the Dis lately

Location: Donna Reedville Mind Blown, Reeking Lumstown, OlderthanDirtboro, Only post the good ones, They Must be done away with at all costs,USA

So glad everyone is enjoying their grandchildren!

I have a "it's a small world" story.

We lost a few shingles off our roof during the hurricane. One person told us we would need a whole new roof. It would cost $7,000

So I asked the young man who mows our lawn if he knew a roofer. (He does framing in the winter). He gave us the name of his friend. The man came over on Sunday to look at the roof. We were ready for the worst, lol!

He said "you know, I used to have a friend who lived in this neighborhood, I've been out here before". It turns out it was our house! He is still friends with the family we bought our house from. He was so honest, said this roof will last another ten years and we just had some defective shingles. He is going to fix it for $275!

Looks like we just banked a few trips to Disney

...........................bored much?
snapppyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2013, 10:41 AM   #2632
minniecarousel
Chris Isaak fan
I'll take my earthquakes over tornadoes & hurricanes any day!
What's up with ruining corn by "creaming" it?

Whoa Snapppyd, you scored! Great news.

I am so tired of spending so much $$$ on our house. The inside is done, but now we need to work on the landscaping. Finding the motivation to make the calls for estimates is tiresome. (*sigh* - we knew this when we bought this house!)

AR - how nice that Jesse remembers some of your previous trip to WDW. And have fun planning that next one!

minniecarousel is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2013, 07:00 PM   #2633
Angelrose

That is great news snappyd. Quite a difference in prices there. Glad it worked out for you.

My day didn't go very well. I was coming home from my walk at Smithville. There is a spot right before you get to the little bridge to Port Republic, that has a stop sign. I saw an suv stopped there and kept on driving since I didn't have a stop sign. Only thing is she pulled out and hit my drivers side fender. She stopped and told me it was her fault because she didn't see me. HUH?? I have my lights on, I'm going the speed limit which is 25 and I'm driving a RED car the size of the Queen Mary. How do you not see me?? I was in her "blind side". RIIIIIIIIGHT.

I got her license number, but I was too shaken up to remember to get anything else. She didn't get any of my information either. She did call the police and he was very nice. Got all our information and told me that I could pick up the accident report in about a week at their barracks. So I drove home and called Chuck. He wasn't sure if I should call my insurance company or not. The damage is minimal, just a dent and some white paint. I have no intention of fixing it. My car is a 95 Cadillac sedan DeVille.

He was going to ask Karen when she got home tonight. I just looked at my insurance card and it says I do have to report it to them. So I guess that is what I will be doing in the morning.

My hands shake on a good day, you should have seen them after the accident. I'm still shaking and my tummy is not speaking to me.

I hate to have to go through all this hassle. But I am thankful that nobody was hurt and no real damage.
Old 02-27-2013, 07:45 PM   #2634
Angelrose

OK I called the insurance company. She was very nice. I apologized for not getting any information other than her license plate number. She said that was fine and it would be on the accident report. I told her exactly what happened and where. I apologized again for not getting any information. She said a lot of people don't think straight after an accident. You don't want to become an expert in car accidents. LOL I told her I hadn't had an accident in 20 or 30 years.

She gave me a claim number and that an adjuster would be calling me tomorrow morning. I told her that it was only a dent and I don't plan on getting it fixed. But he has to call me anyway. I thanked her for being so nice.

I called Chuck to let him know what she said. He said after his accident he wasn't thinking clearly either. He was just "there". So I don't feel like a complete idiot.

Maybe just a semi idiot.
Old 02-28-2013, 09:22 AM   #2635
snapppyd

Location: Donna Reedville Mind Blown, Reeking Lumstown, OlderthanDirtboro, Only post the good ones, They Must be done away with at all costs,USA

After my accident the insurance company called and asked me to describe what happened. Told me they were recording the conversation. Then I had to fill out a diagram form they sent me. My damage at the time was over 8,000. After a year I got back half my deductible. Good luck, and stay calm, the important thing is that you didn't get hurt!

Old 02-28-2013, 12:05 PM   #2636
Angelrose

Thanks snappyd. The adjuster just called and asked me to describe what happened and recorded it. She was very nice and was happy that I gave her the other cars license plate number. At least I remembered to do that.

She asked me to take pictures of my car and email them to her. She will call the other insurance company to see what story she told them. If they admit guilt HA HA HO HO then my insurance company will get me the money to repair my car. Since I don't have collision, if they don't admit guilt, I would have to pay. It's only a dent on the fender of a 95. I'm not going to pay a penny to have it repaired. It will just stay there forever along with the scrape on the other side that I did months ago, but we won't talk about that.

So I went outside and took three pictures of the dent.

Now I have to wait for her email so I can send her the pictures.

She told me to relax (right) and she would call me on the 7th to tell me what she has learned.

I will relax when this is all done with. I'm glad that I don't have to worry about fixing my car. From what you have said, I would probably get $2.50 to fix my car even if I did have collision.
Old 02-28-2013, 01:06 PM   #2637
snapppyd

I'm no mechanic, but it looks like they could "pop it out" and it shouldn't cost much. Wouldn't hurt to ask?

Old 02-28-2013, 07:05 PM   #2638
Angelrose

That's what my friend at WW said. I may take it in to see what my garage man says. But I want to wait until I find out what's happening with the insurance first.

I am feeling better tonight. I went to my WW meeting and I did lose .4. Not much but better than gaining.

Tomorrow I get to read to Jesse's daycare for Dr. Seuss birthday. I'm already with my Cat in the Hat pj's, t shirt and hat. I guess it says a lot about my mentality that I can't wait to do it. LOL It helps that I never grew up.
Old 02-28-2013, 09:22 PM   #2639
4nana
God Bless America, Land of the Free, Because of the Brave. Godspeed and thanks to our troops and their families for their sacrifices.

Angelrose, sorry about your car, but I am so glad you are ok. How scary that must have been for you dear heart . Have fun at Jesse day care, that will help get your mind off the accident. Have a great week-end!
Blessed with 4 loving kiddos & IL's, 13 sweet grands, 50 Golden Years & Anniv. cruise....PRICELESS!!

There are two lasting bequests we can give our children & grandchildren: 'One is roots, the other is wings'.
~~~~~
Life is a journey ~ love makes the trip worthwhile

Grandchildren are God's reward for being a parent

"For He shall give the angels charge over thee, to keep thee safe in all thy ways" Psalms 91:11

For my dear Mom in heaven
4nana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2013, 07:59 PM   #2640
Angelrose

Thank you 4nana. I feel better today. I just have to worry about whether or not there is going to be a problem with her saying it was my fault to her insurance company. That has happened to me before. And my insurance company never asked me a question about it, they just paid them off. Obviously they are no longer my insurance company.

On a brighter note, I thought I would post some pictures from Dr. Seuss day at Jesse's daycare.

Here I am looking ridiculous but happy.

I loved reading to them.

Today I got my hair done. I swear I thought every car was out to get me. I guess that will fade in time. I got my grocery shopping done and got some things at Target. I got home around 1 and had lunch and watched tv for the rest of the day.

Tomorrow I get to watch the kids at their swim lesson. I am so lucky!

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: