Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Universal Studios/Sea World > Universal Orlando Resorts & Hotels
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-02-2013, 09:12 AM   #1
Brit_Jude
DIS Veteran

Hard Rock Jul 12 - Thought I'd finally post!

This was our second stay at Hard Rock Orlando. The staff at the Hard Rock really make this hotel, they are so genuinely friendly and helpful, real people who want to ensure you have a great stay, with great humor. There is nothing like someone saying "Take it easy" while you're on vacation!

This place really suits our style, laid back, never feels crowded. We stayed for two weeks in two adjoining rooms. It was me, Hubby, Son 17, Sister and Niece 17.

We opted for the bed and breakfast rate for this stay. On our previous stay we went concierge, we found the bed and breakfast rate better value than the concierge benefits. We love to have a good breakfast and the buffet in the Kitchen does not disappoint, I thought it beat any breakfast at Disney.

The breakfast kept us going all day and then we would enjoy an early dinner in the parks or Citywalk, we only bought a small lunch twice during our stay, this saved us a lot of money.

This is a luxury hotel and as with all hotels of this category you pay for parking, internet and the drink prices are a premium. However, at the time we were members of the Hard Rock All Access program and got free internet.

The rooms are comfortable and the housekeeping was excellent. However, if I was going to stay for this length of time again I would get a deluxe room or family suite just to have a little more room.

The Hard Rock has the shortest walk to the Universal parks, it is so easy, we did not use the boat or bus. At first I was disapointed with our room location as it was a long way from the elevators. We were on the second floor in a garden view room, then we discovered we were very near the exit stairs right by the pool entrance and shortcut path to the parks! Great location, down one flight of stairs and on our way to the park, or we could be in the pool in under a minute! The room location was also very quiet, the rooms near the elevators get a lot of foot traffic and must get the associated voice noise like most hotels.

We loved the pool and the evening movies by the pool, the movie screen could be a bit bigger though. The food from the beach club at the pool was excellent, while a lot of it is standard bar food, each item was super tasty, fresh, and cooked well. The burgers were huge. We only had dinner at the Kitchen on one occasion and everyone enjoyed their meal, loved the shrimp tacos. If you price out a stay at a Disney deluxe hotel and the Hard Rock, the Hard Rocks beats Disney on price, you cannot compare this to a Disney value or moderate resort.

Loved the unlimited Express Pass perk in the Universal parks too. Even when the park is crowded you don't really notice as you bypass the lines on the attractions with Express Pass.

Can't wait to go back!

Our Tip:*Quiet, garden view room near the path to the parks.
Old 03-02-2013, 02:20 PM   #2
macraven
Proud Redhead
Has the longest test on record
I’m a Universal Homie

Location: between milwaukee and chicago (in Tom Felton's house)

hey jude.........

sounds like you had a fantastic vacation!

macraven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2013, 07:11 PM   #3
Brit_Jude
DIS Veteran

Hi Mac! Yes we had a fantastic time.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: