DVC RESALES
DVC RESALES

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Vacation Club > DVC-Mousecellaneous
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-02-2013, 10:49 AM   #76
WilsonFlyer

DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian Noble View Post
...assuming the Guide was neither misinformed nor lying.
{Like}
WilsonFlyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2013, 02:15 PM   #77
bookwormde
Heading out now, another adventure
Have a good time, WDW is a magical place

I would be surprised if DVC is paying for the annual pass discount, I think it is looked at in the same way as the Florida resident discount which we know Florida is not paying for
Register to remove

Old 03-02-2013, 02:48 PM   #78
dwight16
Mouseketeer

i just asked my guide about a price increase and if they are extending contacts for BCV and BWV and he told me he could not confirm or deny my questions. he did tell me i was going to get the current price. find it weird they sent out marking materials and dont have inventory right at this second. i bet come march 20th its game time
dwight16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2013, 04:01 PM   #79
edk35
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by BWV Dreamin View Post
I just got off the phone with my guide discussing pricing concerning the new webcast. During our discussion, she told me ALL of the classic resorts were going up to $130/pt. on March 20. AKV would be increasing to $145/pt., and Aulani would be increasing, although I didn't write down what that price would be.

I was inquiring about VWL to see if it qualified for the promos listed on the webcast. She said no, but if I went on the waitlist, I could be guaranteed the current $102/pt.

Closing costs seem high to me. A 50 pt. contract is now $150 closing, and a 100 pt. contract is over $200. My guide said the increase is now due to the fact that title insurance is being passed on to the buyer, where Disney was paying for this is the past.

Waitlist....no notification if points become available. To be placed on the waitlist, you have to give your CC and agree to be charged the 10% down. All subsequent paperwork would then be generated and sent.

Resales restrictions....my only contract is a restricted resales contract. She noticed this was my only contract and did assure me that the NEW restrictions coming would not affect me even though my contract has current restrictions. This tells me that all contracts prior to the new restriction date would be grandfathered. She wouldn't say when they were coming or what they were, just that it was not happening on March 20.

I did not inquire about Vero, HHI, or GCV as far as the price increase is concerned.
WHAT RESTRICTIONS ARE COMING??

DVC MEMBERS SINCE JAN. 2007

Aug 14 SOG/OKW/VERO Aug 13 OKW/Providence Golf Club Villas March 13 SSR/AKV July 12 BLT/SSR May 12 SOG
March/April 12 Windsor Hills
Jan. 12 VWL (1/20-1/28) Jan. 12 POR (1/6/-1/11) Jan. 11 OKW July 10 SOG/SSR/VERO July 09 POLY/BCV/AKV Jan. 09 OKW Nov. 08 SSR/ASMU MVMCP July 08 OKW/BCV Jan. 08 SOG Nov. 07 SSR MVMCP Aug. 07 SSR/BWV P&PP Jan. 07 SOG BECAME DVC MEMBERS!!!
Nov. 05 SOG/CSR Jan. 05 SOG Nov. 02 CR May 98 Poly May 95 SOG Dec. 93 CR Dec. 92 CBR July 92 Dixie Landing First Family Trip Off Site 87,86,82 (Single With Friends)
edk35 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2013, 06:54 PM   #80
DougEMG
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by edk35 View Post
WHAT RESTRICTIONS ARE COMING??
A DVC salesman said that resale restrictions were coming, so not the most reliable source.

DougEMG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2013, 06:58 PM   #81
Sur
Love the Dis

All I think to be true is dramatically shooting yourself in the foot by severely affecting the resale market would not be beneficial.

People need to sell, often over finances. Holding onto a DVC timeshare and not using it decreases the profits from being there at Disney.

The restrictions placed in 2011 doesn't affect the profits obtained through visiting "home". If I were clairvoyant (Claire-like), I'd want to increase traffic at the happiest place on Earth.
Sur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2013, 09:10 PM   #82
WebmasterDoc
Administrator

DISboards Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sur View Post
All I think to be true is dramatically shooting yourself in the foot by severely affecting the resale market would not be beneficial.

People need to sell, often over finances. Holding onto a DVC timeshare and not using it decreases the profits from being there at Disney.

The restrictions placed in 2011 doesn't affect the profits obtained through visiting "home". If I were clairvoyant (Claire-like), I'd want to increase traffic at the happiest place on Earth.

I hope you realize that there is no longer anyone named Claire at the top of DVC.

DVD's mission has nothing to do with increasing traffic at the happiest place, the mission is making a huge profit selling timeshares and nothing more - regardless, Claire is not running the show any more.
Old 03-02-2013, 09:21 PM   #83
Sur
Love the Dis

My name is Claire.
Sur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2013, 09:52 PM   #84
dbs1228
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by luckyman_apd View Post
I fail to see how anyone can think resale prices will ever rise. Every year that goes by are 1 less years worth of points to use on a contract that has an end date. Even if the prices stayed the same over the next dew years, the actual dollar amount you are paying per point actually goes up.
I would have thought the same thing except I bought a fully loaded contract in 2010 SSR for 59.00 PP - rented the banked points out immediately for 10.00 PP which was our plan so for us we felt we paid 49.00PP - regardless we used 3 years of points and just sold the contract for 63.00 PP!

Not the norm I am sure but I have seen prices go up and down BWV is another example a year or so ago there were a bunch selling in the mid 50.00's or less now they seem to be low to mid 60's and they are getting harder to get!

dbs1228 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2013, 04:24 AM   #85
lilpooh108
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by bookwormde View Post
the FW project likely to be 15 million points, the Poly rework, possibly 5 million points and other on site "rumors" like near HS which would likely be 25 million points.
WHAT???!!! Where are you getting this info from?
lilpooh108 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2013, 04:31 AM   #86
lilpooh108
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by intertile View Post
$102/pt. You need to call guide for waitlist info. It varies by use year.
Thanks. Now I'm deciding between a small VWL or a GFV when it comes out. Hmm...decisions decisions. I really hope there aren't more resale restrictions. I just sold a small BWV and I'm kinda sad about it. If they restrict resales even more I'll be kicking myself for selling.
lilpooh108 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2013, 05:20 AM   #87
bookwormde
Heading out now, another adventure
Have a good time, WDW is a magical place

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilpooh108 View Post
WHAT???!!! Where are you getting this info from?

Numbers come from best estimates of number of 2br units based on plans or available space for DVC "style" times the typical number of point that a 2br generate for a full year.

Locations come from "logical rumors" and found plans, while adding some business plan modeling and sales flow analysis.

It is really pretty simple math
Old 03-03-2013, 07:45 AM   #88
Brian Noble
His Curmudgeonly Highness

Quote:
But, it turns out that every timeshare developer does this---including, in some small way, DVC. So, either every timeshare developer is just flat out wrong, or it's not such a bad idea after all.
Brian Noble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2013, 07:54 AM   #89
macemc12
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian Noble
But, it turns out that every timeshare developer does this---including, in some small way, DVC. So, either every timeshare developer is just flat out wrong, or it's not such a bad idea after all.
I know quite a few that have other timeshares and to say they are jealous of our DVC purchase is an understatement. The resale market for our purchase is one of reasons. Other timeshares are worth almost nothing after purchase and was a deciding factor for us for our DVC purchase. I can't see Disney altering resales too much. They have a brand image to protect.

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards

macemc12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2013, 08:51 AM   #90
heynowirv
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sur View Post
My name is Claire.
heynowirv is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: